Eddie's Guitars! (shop in St. Louis, MO)

EarlWelshEarlWelsh Posts: 1,118
edited October 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone ever hear of this shop? They have super sweet deals on some stuff. Just bought a brand new Orange Dual Terror for $645 (normally $899). Kinda ridiculous. I'm from Buffalo but in a most serendipitous way, a friend of mine (who had ordered the same amp from this shop) was driving through St. Louis from Arizona on his way home to Buffalo as I texted him to ask how he liked his amp. He pulled off the road, went to Eddie's and picked up the amp for me. Couldn't pass up the deal and the twist of fate. Now to break the news to wifey.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EarlWelsh wrote:
    Anyone ever hear of this shop? They have super sweet deals on some stuff. Just bought a brand new Orange Dual Terror for $645 (normally $899). Kinda ridiculous. I'm from Buffalo but in a most serendipitous way, a friend of mine (who had ordered the same amp from this shop) was driving through St. Louis from Arizona on his way home to Buffalo as I texted him to ask how he liked his amp. He pulled off the road, went to Eddie's and picked up the amp for me. Couldn't pass up the deal and the twist of fate. Now to break the news to wifey.
    yeah man, i used to shop at eddie's alot a few years ago. they have some really nice stuff there. a lot of boutique stuff. i have gotten some pretty nice pedals there over the years. they do have the reputation of being overpriced, and they normally do not haggle with you like every other privately owned music store does. their owner is known to be a pretty big prick among those of us in the music scene here too, so that does not help.

here is their website. it looks nice but they don't have a lot of stuff on it, but what is on it is nice.

http://eddiesguitars.com/home.php

i am glad you were able to get a steal of a deal on that amp though. i am actually kinda surprised to hear that. i was looking at some reissue marshall heads and they were higher than what i would have paid at guitar center, so i bought a vintage one at GC instead.

people in st louis go to killer vintage instead. that is eddie's direct competition. the owner of KV a great guy and he is well connected in the business. he is active in the community and does a lot of things for the community. he is an editor to the blue book of guitars, so he knows his stuff too. i bought a matchless head from them. their website has a lot more stuff on it....

http://killervintage.com/

i am glad you got a good deal on the amp, but i hope the wife is as happy and understanding as we all are :) enjoy!!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Posts: 1,118
    EarlWelsh wrote:
    yeah man, i used to shop at eddie's alot a few years ago. they have some really nice stuff there. a lot of boutique stuff. i have gotten some pretty nice pedals there over the years. they do have the reputation of being overpriced, and they normally do not haggle with you like every other privately owned music store does. their owner is known to be a pretty big prick among those of us in the music scene here too, so that does not help.

here is their website. it looks nice but they don't have a lot of stuff on it, but what is on it is nice.

http://eddiesguitars.com/home.php

i am glad you were able to get a steal of a deal on that amp though. i am actually kinda surprised to hear that. i was looking at some reissue marshall heads and they were higher than what i would have paid at guitar center, so i bought a vintage one at GC instead.

people in st louis go to killer vintage instead. that is eddie's direct competition. the owner of KV a great guy and he is well connected in the business. he is active in the community and does a lot of things for the community. he is an editor to the blue book of guitars, so he knows his stuff too. i bought a matchless head from them. their website has a lot more stuff on it....

http://killervintage.com/

i am glad you got a good deal on the amp, but i hope the wife is as happy and understanding as we all are :) enjoy!!

Hey man. Yeah, after further review of the Eddie's Guitars site, I'm thinking the Dual Terror is the only bargain they have going. I guess I spoke their praises much too soon, haha. I'll have to check out the Killer Vintage site, though. It sounds like a real special place.

I played the Orange at a Halloween party last night. It was seriously awesome...fell in love right away. I'm really glad I made the choice to buy one. The wife isn't exactly thrilled but she'll get over it!