Options

What was Ed's Speech about returning to Denmark

solace23solace23 Posts: 704
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Can anyone post what he said?

What an amazing setlist by the way. Dam I thought Wembley was Great but thet takes the cake
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    solace23 wrote:

What an amazing setlist by the way. Dam I thought Wembley was Great but thet takes the cake

Would really love to know as well!!
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Actually I can´t remember what Ed said "word-to-word" as he was mumbling quite a bit, and made several stops during sentences (understandable, since it must have been quite an emotional ride for him, and he probably really had to think about his choice of words).
    He didn´t specifically mention Roskilde which I think was a good thing, he more sort of indirectly mentioned it in a universal way, if you know what I mean, it´s kinda hard to explain.
    Somewhere along the lines he said something like all of us walking the road/path of life, and tonight all our personal paths crossed. In other words, he sort of celebrated life by saying that we had to look forward and just follow that path wherever it may take us.
    At some other point, he mentioned that it was actually 15 years ago since they first played in Denmark, when all people tend to think about is what happened 7 years ago.

He got pretty emotional during Long road and LBC. Whether he was too emotional to sing, or prefered to leave out certain lines, I don´t know.
    He didnit sing the.."seven years go today" line for instance....

Hoped that helped a bit (:
    As I said before, can´t remember the exact words, I´m still far too excited about that show last night so my memory is kinda blurred right now (:

All in all, I felt that he mentioned it in a good way and mostly let the music speak for itself.
    He didn´t say too little or too much. It felt rather perfect....

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    solace23 wrote:

Yeah the set list RULES! I really want that! How was it??
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"