Options

Sorry

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited October 2013 in The Porch
That was rude of me. I feel like a douchebag!
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,247
    Steroidal drugs to treat Crohn's?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I felt really bad for Mike seeing him on that video. He's really taken care of himself since then.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    oceans18oceans18 Posts: 154
    bigbadbill wrote:
    I felt really bad for Mike seeing him on that video. He's really taken care of himself since then.
    You have a link to this?
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    *the in between is mine*
  • Options
    I have Ulcerative Colitis, a variation of Crohns that only affects the colon. Having gone through lots of treatments I'm pretty sure he was on Prednisone at that time. A significant side effect is "moon face." Yes that's what was listed on my prescription. I gained lots of water weight, especially in my face. It's hard to work out as well, because joint pain is another significant side effect. But on the plus side I stopped having to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes. People tend to take it to put Crohns into remission while transferring to a treatment that has less taxing daily side effects.
    Alpine Valley 98 / Minneapolis 98 / Alpine Valley 2000 / Chicago 2000 / Champaign 2003 / Saint Paul 2003 / Chicago 2003 / Calgary 2005 / The Gorge I 2006 / The Gorge II 2006 / Vedder Oakland 2011 / Calgary 2011 / Missoula 2012 / Spokane 2013
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    It's not really any of our business, but we all know he's always had and been open about his health issues, as well as the drug issues for some of the 90s. So there is probably no point in asking about what happened during that time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's not really any of our business, but we all know he's always had and been open about his health issues, as well as the drug issues for some of the 90s. So there is probably no point in asking about what happened during that time.

Thank goodness someone said it.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I agreed.

And I think it's just weird to question when someone gains weight. We all do, for various reasons from time to time, and many times, it doesn't need a reason other than that we like to eat food. In Mike's case it was different.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I agreed.

And I think it's just weird to question when someone gains weight. We all do, for various reasons from time to time, and many times, it doesn't need a reason other than that we like to eat food. In Mike's case it was different.
    It's really more rude than mean.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I agreed.

Either way, I'm scratching my head why someone would even bother...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I agreed.

Yeah, I dunno. :P

On a more pleasant note, I think Mike's hair has looked FABULOUS over the past 14 months or so!! I really love it! :D
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    PJ_Soul wrote:

On a more pleasant note, I think Mike's hair has looked FABULOUS over the past 14 months or so!! I really love it! :D

i was just about to post the same thing. love the silver fauxhawk! looked pretty awesome when he took his shirt off in london too! ;)
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

to feel better about himself?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:

to feel better about himself?

I like your siggy. That's exactly what I said after surviving a near-fatal car accident.
  • Options
    Please lock this thread as it is none of our business (no offense)
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Please lock this thread as it is none of our business (no offense)

That's the whole thing. Private, personal and none of our business.
    He looks great now, obviously feels fantastic, is shredding and melting, and is on top of his game.
    That's all we need to know right there.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV