1380573_10200610797626619_1272460717_n.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    davidtrios wrote:
    1380573_10200610797626619_1272460717_n.jpg
    :lol:
    So true.
    There are definitely some trends that some people should not participate in. :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    please no pictures in this thread, thanks...
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    please no pictures in this thread, thanks...

:lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    :nono:

don't blame the people...blame the manufacturers that make the pants in those sizes.

Lululemon doesn't make 'MickeyD sizes'.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

don't blame the people...blame the manufacturers that make the pants in those sizes.

Blame the manufacturer? :?
    No way!
    I blame the MickeyD girls trying to fit in where they clearly CAN'T properly fit in! :lol:

That, or I blame the lack of mirrors in the world... :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

No way!
    I blame the MickeyD girls trying to fit in where they clearly CAN'T properly fit in! :lol:

some people have a misconstrued perception of their body shape.

Clothing manufacturers also don't help...the sizing is all sorts of f'ed up. Back in the 90s, a size 9 back then is a size 5 today-that's a difference of 2 sizes. So women think, "oh hey, I'm a smaller size than I was before! I'm gonna squeeze into these teeny tiny little stretchy pants!"

But then again, some people like that look...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

No way!

some people have a misconstrued perception of their body shape.

Clothing manufacturers also don't help...the sizing is all sorts of f'ed up. Back in the 90s, a size 9 back then is a size 5 today-that's a difference of 2 sizes. So women think, "oh hey, I'm a smaller size than I was before! I'm gonna squeeze into these teeny tiny little stretchy pants!"

But then again, some people like that look...

I see two problems...
    1) Lack of mirror
    2) Lack of shame.

If they don't see "Wow, maybe I should lose some weight before squeezing into these pants that more or less show everything", I want to know where their friends are? Shouldn't they step up and say "Maybe you shouldn't wear pants that are designed for girls half your size...you look ridiculous in them!"

Or maybe because girls like having that MickeyDs friend because it makes them feel better about themselves.... :lol:
    mca47 wrote:

I see two problems...
    1) Lack of mirror
    2) Lack of shame.

If they don't see "Wow, maybe I should lose some weight before squeezing into these pants that more or less show everything", I want to know where their friends are? Shouldn't they step up and say "Maybe you shouldn't wear pants that are designed for girls half your size...you look ridiculous in them!"

Or maybe because girls like having that MickeyDs friend because it makes them feel better about themselves.... :lol:

I wouldn't want to tell a MickeyD's girl "maybe you shouldn't wear those pants"-she might sit on me.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I see two problems...
    1) Lack of mirror
    2) Lack of shame.

I wouldn't want to tell a MickeyD's girl "maybe you shouldn't wear those pants"-she might sit on me.
    :lol::lol:
    Good call!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mmmmmm

big ol' butts

- Christopher McCandless

I will let mca post a pic that is 'incorrect'.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

I will let mca post a pic that is 'incorrect'.

K
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    edited August 2015
    Since the "Yoga Pants" thread was locked long ago, I resurrected this one.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2015/08/25/cape-cod-joins-the-war-yoga-pants/jcSOglApQTNG3as5BG3AgM/story.html
    Cape Cod school joins the war on yoga pants
    By Lloyd Mallison @thatbritishgent
    Boston.com Staff | 08.25.15 | 9:31 AM

A school in Cape Cod has entered into America’s war on yoga pants.

Female students at Cape Cod Tech are subject to a new dress code, which requires them to wear shorts or a skirt over yoga pants, Fox 25 reports.

Some male students at Cape Cod Tech get distracted by girls in yoga pants, and act innappropriately [sic], Fox 25 reports. But rather than focus on the boys’ behavior, the school has elected to restrict what girls can wear.

According to Fox 25, the school said the change would help promote professional dress, but not all the female students buy that. Now some are organizing an event on Facebook called “First Day = Yoga Pants.” Over 200 girls have responded to the call to legs, and will wear the banned pants come September 2nd.

This is just the latest installment of tight-pant related controversy accross [sic] the country. In February, educators at Rockport High School began strictly enforcing a dress code as yoga pants and leggings were distracting for boys. Weymouth Public Schools similarly wrestled with the tight pants pickle, as they were “disruptive.” A school in California also deemed them “too distracting for teenage boys.” If only there was a common theme that could be identified and solved.
    Anyway, heaven forbid a high school boy getting a boner these days. Don't they still have text books to hold them down? If not, an iPad should do the trick, no?
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    Yoga, Yoga! I hate yoga, even with strawberries.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC