Truck Safety week 10/21-28/2013

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.truckertotrucker.com/trucker ... t-Week.cfm

Watch Out for Bears! Highway Truck Safety Crackdown Next Week
Categories: Truck Safety

Keep an eye out for bears when you're driving next week. Law enforcement agencies have scheduled a nationwide highway safety enforcement crackdown for October 21-28. It doesn't matter whether you're driving 18 wheels or four, the smokies are going to be watching next week.

Drivers don't stand a chance. Law enforcement is going to be out there in full force just waiting for us to slip up. I know safety is a good thing and efforts like this do serve to remind us all to pay closer attention to our driving. I just don't like the feeling that someone's looking over my shoulder all the time. And there will be a lot of people doing just that next week. The nationwide safety alert is being sponsored jointly by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Governor’s Highway Safety Association, International Association of Chiefs of Police and American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.

An offshoot of FMCSA's TACT (Ticketing Aggressive Cars and Trucks) program, enforcement blitz coordinators hope to build on the success of that program. The TACT program targeted aggressive drivers engaged in dangerous tactics around trucks like cutting off, drafting and speeding around them. Officers rode with truckers to spot offenders, radioing ahead to patrol units. Stopped drivers were as often educated about safe driving near trucks as they were ticketed.

The new program is aimed at truckers as much as at other drivers. Among the project's goals:

Remove unsafe and fatigued commercial vehicle drivers from highways,
Enforce seat belt laws for ALL drivers (click it or ticket!), and
Ticket non-commercial drivers for unsafe driving around trucks and buses.

Remember, forewarned is forearmed. Drive safe next week or pay the price.

in 2 1/2 hours of driving back today just in Ohio I saw 8 troopers that had pulled cars over and another 5 sitting in the median watching. Today was just the first day.

Watch your speed, following distance and give plenty of space in front of the trucks before you change lanes
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,782
    you guys get pulled over yet?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Maybe they should crack down on truckers driving shitty tires that blow up all over the place! :|