Options

Please help a board vet get into a very special show.

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited October 2013 in Other Music
Okay, so I know I haven't been on here for a very long time, to the extent that many of you probably don't even remember me. I used to have a pretty big presence here, running some PJ contests (the most memorable of which were the Super Bowl and NCAA Tourney pools), but then life got in the way and I haven't had much time to be on since. I use that as a preface because I'm going to ask you all for a favor.

Arcade Fire - one of my other favorite bands - is playing a special show in LA next Tuesday and the only way to get in is to win. I can't tell you how much I detest this, because it's all one big social media popularity bullshit contest, but alas, it appears I have to play their game if I'm going to make it into the show.

So, today's contest is to tweet what Reflektor (their new album) means to you. Most retweets wins. I don't really do twitter except for contests or artist news, as reflected by my whopping 18 posts and 3 followers. There's no way I'm going to have a chance in hell to win, which is why I'm asking you for help.

If anyone can simply retweet my tweet, it would mean a lot to me. The deadline is 11:00 am EST. I know I should have done this a long time ago, but better late than never. As a personal, completely pathetic attempt to stir sympathy sidenote, this has been the year from hell for me, culminating in losing my job and then totaling my pickup truck and having to miss a PJ tour for the first time since the 90's, so this would honestly mean a lot to me.

Thank you. Here's my tweet.

https://twitter.com/paul_m_1979/status/ ... 0347003904
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Done.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Thank you to the two people who helped me out.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    If I were you I'd take this to the All Encompassing Trip. Just because it involves a band other than PJ, you don't have to put it in this forum. Many people ask for help with online contests such as this over there, and it gets a lot more traffic than the Other Music forum.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    If I were you I'd take this to the All Encompassing Trip. Just because it involves a band other than PJ, you don't have to put it in this forum. Many people ask for help with online contests such as this over there, and it gets a lot more traffic than the Other Music forum.

Good to know. Thank you!