Options

Greatest show ever?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CL8148CL8148 Posts: 31
    Obviously, by the replys here, most of you werent around for MSG 2 in 98. I was there. I was front row in front of mike. I was at both MSG 08, both in 10', and bot in Brooklyn.. And another 40 shows on top.. Nothing can compare to MSG 2 98'. Listen to the bootleg. The NY crowd has never been as loud singing since. Just listen to Indifference and Baba from that night...

That said. MSG 2 10', and Brooklyn 2 were both very very very very good. Very hard to choose between the 2.. Brooklyn 2 seemed more fun .. more of a party with the greatest atmosphere.. MSG 2, maybe bc of the setlist , but it was more of downright rockin thje fugg out sweating night.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    CL8148 wrote:
    Obviously, by the replys here, most of you werent around for MSG 2 in 98. I was there. I was front row in front of mike. I was at both MSG 08, both in 10', and bot in Brooklyn.. And another 40 shows on top.. Nothing can compare to MSG 2 98'. Listen to the bootleg. The NY crowd has never been as loud singing since. Just listen to Indifference and Baba from that night...

That said. MSG 2 10', and Brooklyn 2 were both very very very very good. Very hard to choose between the 2.. Brooklyn 2 seemed more fun .. more of a party with the greatest atmosphere.. MSG 2, maybe bc of the setlist , but it was more of downright rockin thje fugg out sweating night.

yeah, when people start labeling shows as the greatest in NYC history, if not band history quickly forget about MSG2 1998 and randalls island.

hell, throw in the three night stint at jones beach in 2000. that third night could be a top three NYC area show.
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    jumbojet wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I liked night 1 better

Night 1 certainly has the better setlist. Night 2 has skipped entire Binaural-Riot Act-Avocado albums.

They did play life wasted ...
  • Options
    The last show you attended. Soon replaced by the next show you attend.

Exactly!!! :clap:
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Dont think TO 2009 can be topped for me...

PJ opens for PJ...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It was a special show, a 'standout' show no doubt about it. Up there with some of the others people have listed. I've had the good fortune to be at more than a few 'special' shows, such as Ottawa 05, State College 03, Hartford 08, and others. But a band this good is not going to have ONE 'greatest show ever'. It is just not possible. Each show, even the special ones, will have its strengths and maybe a drawback or two. You can't just pick one as THE best - too many shows are too good for that. They set the bar pretty high.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Louied825Louied825 Posts: 132
    Barclays Night 2 was my 46th PJ Show I have been first ten rows probably 33 of 46 shows . This show made my top 5 hard to put them in order and again theses are based on my experience at the show not necessariy the setlist

No Particular Order 5 best shows I have ever experienced

Randalls Island Night 1 1996 (Pouring Rain and my first PJ show)
    MSG Night 2 2010 (Not great seats but just a magical night and a great setlist)
    State College 03 (2nd longest PJ show on record 7th row)
    Amsterdam Night 1 2012 (Yes setlist on night 2 was better but i was 2 people from McCreedy and this was a sick show)
    Barclays Night 2 2013 (i was sidestage great view and amazing setlist)
    Louie
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901

Yep. That's pretty much it. And the weird thing is few of my friends are telling me that night 1 was much better then night 2. Energy of the crowd was higher for night 2, but the music & energy on stage was for night 1. Everyone's a critic ..
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Yep. That's pretty much it. And the weird thing is few of my friends are telling me that night 1 was much better then night 2. Energy of the crowd was higher for night 2, but the music & energy on stage was for night 1. Everyone's a critic ..

I was at Wrigley BK 1&2. Wrigley was a really good show and could have been great. BK 1 was ok. Good set list but it didn't flow right.

BK 2 was 10 times better than the BK1 show. Energy was great from crowd and the band. The setlist flowed nicely. I saw so many people up in the 200's dancing in the aisles. I stopped to take in the crowd sometimes to enjoy it all.

BK 2 friggin' ROCKED!

I've got two more shows to see and we can debate this again.

:-)