Guitar that you have actually HELD and STRUMMED that....

MookieDancerMookieDancer Posts: 41
edited October 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Made you feel warm and fuzzy? A recent Pawn Stars episode had a guy bring in a 38' Gibson that had the expert a little excited. For me it is only your standard (but still awesome) Guitar Center acoustic that someone forgot to put up too high for a moron like me to pollute with incompetence. Basically your average $3000 Martin or Taylor. And once a Gibson that was about $4900. What about you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    I have been trying to teach myself guitar for a few years now. I know roughly 8 chords, and have no business owning a 12-string. That said, I found this at gc. Picked it up and strummed the handful of chords I know. It sounded so beautiful I couldn't get it out of my mind the whole next day. Went back and picked it up, so happy I did.

Yamaha FG-612S Natural 12 String Acoustic Guitar
    http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-202 ... ha-FG-612S

Hope I can get it to sound like this eventually
    http://youtu.be/kd8fkL8mt3Q
  • All of mine have made me feel that way at one time or another but the one that made me CRY by just playing it was my fiance's dad's Gibson L5. SRV played the same guitar when he met her dad at a conference. A bunch of other famous guitarists have played it but knowing SRV played this sent chills through my body and tears to my eyes. Sadly the talent didn't transfer to me.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • The father of a friend of mine owns an older Gibson dreadnaught, I think it's an early-70s J-50.
    That guitar can give me chills just strumming on it. I've played nice guitars over the years, but
    that single guitar has [ [ [ [ T O N E ] ] ] ].
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Used to be any time I touched a Les Paul. Now that I own a Les Paul, it's any time I get my hands on a Randy Rhoads.

jackson_rr5_white_autopsy.jpg
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Used to be any time I touched a Les Paul. Now that I own a Les Paul, it's any time I get my hands on a Randy Rhoads.

jackson_rr5_white_autopsy.jpg
    *Jaw drops with tears flowing like a faucet*
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy