Options

Whatever happened to Leash + Garden @ MTV UNplugged

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Yo

any lucky soul at this show? I would love to hear Garden and Leash acoustic? what happened?

http://www.pearljam.com says

1992-03-16 Queens New York Kaufman Astoria Studios

Description: MTV Unplugged

Set 1 Oceans, State Of Love And Trust, Alive, Black, Jeremy, Porch, Even Flow, Rockin' In The Free World

Encore 1 Garden, Leash
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 367
    That's gotta be a mistake, surely?! I never heard of them being played at unplugged, I can't even imagine how Leash would work - but I'd sure like to hear it if it does exist!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    I saw this setlist before and thought it was a mistake, would be cool to hear those 2 songs acoustic
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Never heard of them being played at the Unplugged show...

Five Horizons/Two Feet Thick has
    03/16/92 - Kaufman Astoria Studios: Queens, NY (MTV Unplugged) (acoustic)
    soundcheck: Oceans, State of Love and Trust, Alive, Black, Jeremy, Porch
    set [aired version, 30 min]: Even Flow, Jeremy, Alive, Black, State of Love and Trust, Porch
    set [complete, 51 minute set]: Oceans, State of Love and Trust, Alive, Black, Jeremy, Porch, Even Flow, Rockin' in the Free World

notes: In a riveting performance, PJ shows the world that their talent is tremendous and the songs solid, despite the lack of electric guitars (and using rented equipment). 'Oceans' and 'RitFW' were recorded, but never aired. Mike plays quite a lot of 'Angie' after 'State of Love and Trust' (during a break) and later, riffs from Deep Purple's 'Smoke on the Water' prior to 'RitFW.' (The PJ Unplugged was originally aired on 5/13/92.)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408
    That's bullshit. Even Flow & RitFW were the encore. Garden and Leash were not played.

Unfortunately...

There are so many cock-ups on the supposedly official set-lists and lyrics

or maybe there's something we just don't know
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    pearljamlive.com has the complete version (go to the 'videos' section)

aired set (30 mins): evenflow, jeremy, alive, black, solat, porch
    complete set (51 mins): oceans, solat, alive, black, jeremy, porch, evenflow, ritfw
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    DeLukin wrote:
    pearljamlive.com has the complete version (go to the 'videos' section)

aired set (30 mins): evenflow, jeremy, alive, black, solat, porch
    complete set (51 mins): oceans, solat, alive, black, jeremy, porch, evenflow, ritfw

Now, this annoys me. What was the point of changing the order of songs for the aired version?

Damn MTV.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 367
    The aired version shown there was not the same for the UK - i'm pretty sure it was solat, alive, black, jeremy, evenflow, porch
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013