Options

Getting from the Katowice show to NOVA rock show?

BriskBrisk Posts: 84
edited March 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Whats the best way? There is a 5 hour direct train from Katowice to Vienna which is probably dirt cheap but what about flying from either katowice or Krakow to Vienna or Bratislava? Is this possible?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tschoesstschoess Posts: 44
    Checked the net - seems there are no direct flights from Katowice only from Krakow - this one would be with LOT (Polish Airline) to Vienna ca. € 200,--.

Think to go by train is the better decision since with lost time getting to the airports and check in it's not much faster.

I do not know what you understand under dirt cheap - IMO traintix are rather expensive in Europe - paid € 70,-- from Prague to Berlin last year (one direction).
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    hey, me and my mate are getting the train from katowice to vienna..im sure there'l be a few pj fans on the train so could be a good laugh..we're just getting the train ticket for the month.dont no how much they are individually
    2006 - Dublin, Ire
    2007 - Katowice, Nickelsdorf, Nijmegen
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    tschoess wrote:
    Checked the net - seems there are no direct flights from Katowice only from Krakow - this one would be with LOT (Polish Airline) to Vienna ca. € 200,--.

Think to go by train is the better decision since with lost time getting to the airports and check in it's not much faster.

I do not know what you understand under dirt cheap - IMO traintix are rather expensive in Europe - paid € 70,-- from Prague to Berlin last year (one direction).

You've obviously never got a train in the UK!
  • Options
    tschoesstschoess Posts: 44
    Brisk wrote:
    You've obviously never got a train in the UK!

Just the Gatwick Express and the Stansted Express.

It just feeled expensive because my flight from Berlin to Vienna was cheaper than the train from Prague to Berlin.

Maybe we need an exact description of "dirt cheap".
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London