Orange Hoodie Question -Need your help-

Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hi guys,

I have a question for those of you that have purchased the orange limited edition hoodie.
I bought the Brown one at the Camden show for myself, then I decided that I wanted the orange one as well though by that time I was already back home in Miami.. lol

A friend of mine is doing the entire second leg and she bought one of the orange ones for me since I didnt know whether they would still be available at the time that I go to The Gorge though I told her to buy me the orange one in Large not realizing that the Orange one was made on women's size, so it wouldnt be the same Large as the Brown one for men. (if that makes sense)

Im thin though I'm 6'. Has any of you bought the Orange hoodie in Large? And if you have can you tell how tall you are and how well it fits you so that I can have an idea on whether I need to sell that one and get myself maybe an XL?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Take care guys and thanks in advance.
Urs
"Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I bought the large in both....I am a girl and the orange one fits sung..not tight but not baggy. I am only 5'4" and some what busty. My Husband is 6'3" and slightly over 200lbs.(maybe 205)and there is no way he would fit it. The large brown would fit him just fine, and it's baggy on me. Hope this gives some insight.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    mardud wrote:
    I bought the large in both....I am a girl and the orange one fits sung..not tight but not baggy. I am only 5'4" and some what busty. My Husband is 6'3" and slightly over 200lbs.(maybe 205)and there is no way he would fit it. The large brown would fit him just fine, and it's baggy on me. Hope this gives some insight.

Well Im not busty at all!!! probably more on the other side of the fence on that one.... LOL
    The large brown kinda fits me a little baggy and if you say that your husband is 6'3 and 200lbs aprox. and the large brown fits him then the orange should be fine for me on the Large.
    I'm 6', 160 lbs

Thanks for answering

Urs,
    no problem....glad i could help. I hope it works out for u! I love the orange one! I haven't washed either yet...kinda afraid the numbers will wash off. Have u washed ur brown one yet? (i've been refraining form wearing them till I find out about washing them..and when it's not so hot out!)
    mardud wrote:
    no problem....glad i could help. I hope it works out for u! I love the orange one! I haven't washed either yet...kinda afraid the numbers will wash off. Have u washed ur brown one yet? (i've been refraining form wearing them till I find out about washing them..and when it's not so hot out!)

Im wearing it only in the office so that AC is on and I dont sweat.. LOL
    I havent washed mine either....

I think Im going to hand wash it and avoid hitting the numbers when I do that.
    Me too I'm afraid they will wash off.
    i guess i'll hand wash mine too. That's a good plan. Thanks.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    My girlfriend purchased the women's in a large and it fits her fine. She is approx. 5'10" and 150 lbs. The hoodie is not tight but it does fit snuggly. The length in the arms and torso is perfect. Also, she ended up having to wash hers (as much as it pained her) and she decided to hand wash it in cold water with some woolite. The water turned a little red so she thought that it had run all over it but when she pulled it out and got the soap out it was fine. Good luck with yours.
    Go Birds!!!!
    My girlfriend purchased the women's in a large and it fits her fine. She is approx. 5'10" and 150 lbs. The hoodie is not tight but it does fit snuggly. The length in the arms and torso is perfect. Also, she ended up having to wash hers (as much as it pained her) and she decided to hand wash it in cold water with some woolite. The water turned a little red so she thought that it had run all over it but when she pulled it out and got the soap out it was fine. Good luck with yours.

Yeah by the responses I think Ill be doing ok.
    Im 6' though sometimes I think I shrink.. LOL and I'm 5'11
    It sounds like since Im thin and not "busty" itll fit me just fine.

thanks for the feedback
    urs,
  • lluukkiinnlluukkiinn Posts: 93
    Yeah definatly hand wash those babies for sure. Specially cause they may shrink & there would be even more problems!
    denver 7/2/06 & 7/3/06, chicago 8/5/07
    have u washed urs? how are the numbers, did they wash away??
  • lluukkiinnlluukkiinn Posts: 93
    If you let it airdry, there should be no damage.
    denver 7/2/06 & 7/3/06, chicago 8/5/07
    cool thanks....i haven't been wearing it because i'm afraid to wash it.
    My boss thinks Im a nerd cause I wont wash mine... LOL!!
    my family can't believe i spent that much for them...and bought 2 as well.
    But they know i'm crazy....there's no hiding it:)
    mardud wrote:
    my family can't believe i spent that much for them...and bought 2 as well.
    But they know i'm crazy....there's no hiding it:)

I didnt tell my mom what they cost.. lol

My husband doesnt know I bought 2 either... Well I guess he might find out now... (sorry honey, luv ya) ;)
    LOL....my husband just rolled his eyes at me when I said i wanted another one(bought them at two diff. shows).
    mardud wrote:
    LOL....my husband just rolled his eyes at me when I said i wanted another one(bought them at two diff. shows).

I asked him if he wanted one but he chose the Avocado thermal instead (we were freezing in New Jersey after sitting at the door for 3 hours to be first in line to get a poster...brrr) so I was like DAMN!!! now I have to buy the Orange for myself lol ... (you see buying it for him was the cover since we wear the same size)..
    what jersey show..camden or rutherford?
    My husband got the same one, and for the same reason....at the hartford show we drove up form philly and were wearing flipflops and teeshirts and it was freezing there!
    mardud wrote:
    what jersey show..camden or rutherford?
    My husband got the same one, and for the same reason....at the hartford show we drove up form philly and were wearing flipflops and teeshirts and it was freezing there!

I was at both Camdens (HOT AS SHIT) and we had nothing but jeans thinking it would be not cold but not hot either.
    Almost froze to death in East R. on June 3rd we took nothing but shorts.

Next time I'll check the weather channel.
    Being from Miami cold weather doesnt really go that well for us....lol
    i was wondering because my husband and I were waiting at the gates at the left of the stage for both camden shows for over 2 hours. just wondering if u were there?
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I was at both Camdens (HOT AS SHIT) and we had nothing but jeans thinking it would be not cold but not hot either.
    Almost froze to death in East R. on June 3rd we took nothing but shorts.

Next time I'll check the weather channel.
    Being from Miami cold weather doesnt really go that well for us....lol
    It was like, 70 degrees at ER2 :) And I'm from FL too, so no excuses! It was a PERFECT temperature that day!!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
    mardud wrote:
    i was wondering because my husband and I were waiting at the gates at the left of the stage for both camden shows for over 2 hours. just wondering if u were there?

Oh yeah I was there for sure, I was lined up since like 4:30pm I was with my husband.
    13PJ13 wrote:
    It was like, 70 degrees at ER2 :) And I'm from FL too, so no excuses! It was a PERFECT temperature that day!!

It so wasnt 70 degrees!!! Are you sure we are talking about the same show? :)

We got to Newark and it was raining and then we walked from the hotel (1 mile) to the Continental Airlines Arena and by the time we got there our shoes were soaked with the water from the puddles and we were freezing, it might have been the high 50's until like 9 or 10 but when we left and we were waiting for a cab across from the Arena for an hour it had to be lower than that, we were freezing, we ended up both with a nasty cold.

I heard the weather was pretty nice though for the first East Rutherford which we couldnt go to.
    cool..we were at the side entrance....tall guy with short girl..sweating thier asses off!
    mardud wrote:
    cool..we were at the side entrance....tall guy with short girl..sweating thier asses off!

We were standing both night on the second aisle to the left (if you are facing the entrance) and I was the tall girl with the short long hair guy :D
    coming from the left we were 2nd row in....maybe 4th in line.
    mardud wrote:
    coming from the left we were 2nd row in....maybe 4th in line.

You were right in front me then!
    We were one of the first ones in line.
    And we were also sweating out asses off, specially for the second show... damn was it hot!!!
    that's pretty awsome!! though i have no recollection of the people around me(too excited)!! i can't even remember what I was wearing...just thinking "must get poster!" where were ur seats?
    mardud wrote:
    that's pretty awsome!! though i have no recollection of the people around me(too excited)!! i can't even remember what I was wearing...just thinking "must get poster!" where were ur seats?

Yeah we were waiting for the poster too and that was the only thing in my mind.. LOL
    I dont have much recollection either from the people at the line, first night I was wearing the light green forest t-shirt and the second night I was wearing the Avocado T-shirt.

My seats were BB-(i cant remember the exact seats) and on the second night it was row M( 15 and 16)
    funny..I think night 2 I was wearing the darker green forest tee. Night one i think I might of been wearing an easystreet records tee. husband wearing a clutch concert shirt and i can't remember.go figure!
    Your seat were MUCH better than ours....we were in 202 annd 201 night 2...roughly around mm i think.(forgive me if I'm off...memory failing me now).
    mardud wrote:
    funny..I think night 2 I was wearing the darker green forest tee. Night one i think I might of been wearing an easystreet records tee. husband wearing a clutch concert shirt and i can't remember.go figure!
    Your seat were MUCH better than ours....we were in 202 annd 201 night 2...roughly around mm i think.(forgive me if I'm off...memory failing me now).

I dont think there was mm, it went from a -z and then AA and BB and then section 200's started (if Im not mistaken) we were on the first night on section 101 row BB seats [Stone's side) ( 7 and 8 ) im not 100% sure about the exact seats though, and for night 2 we were on Mike's side on row M on seats 15 and 16.