Options

Eddie solo shows?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I just read about these solo shows in the news section and quickly came here to the forum and I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the price quoted in the article.

$65 PLUS agency fees for a solo show seems like a lot. I'm not calling it a rip off or accusing anybody of anything because people are perfectly entitled to pay whatever price they see fit for art that they enjoy. It's not even a matter of me deciding not to attend because of the price, I live in England and wouldn't be going even if it was $5 unfortunately, but is that normal for solo shows at those kind of venues in California? Personally I would not pay more than $45 including fees for a show like this unless there were some guaranteed big name guest duets lined up or a really excellent support artist/band (like a double headliner tour)

I recently saw Queens of the Stone Age for $40 (£20) and I thought that was about right considering the money had to be split more ways and the fact that they crossed an ocean to play my hometown on their 'backwater' tour.

I heard about the auction of the special ticket packages for the West Memphis Three which is a great cause but am I missing something, is any of the standard ticket money going to charity because that would make more sense to me.

Again I'm NOT flaming Eddie and I hope everyone who attends has a beautiful and safe experience, I'm just blown away by that BASE ticket price.
  • Options
    ^^ wow I guess I missed the 48 page thread in The Porch section of the forum.....Ooops.
  • Options
    Jay_Walker wrote:
    I just read about these solo shows in the news section and quickly came here to the forum and I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the price quoted in the article.

$65 PLUS agency fees for a solo show seems like a lot. I'm not calling it a rip off or accusing anybody of anything because people are perfectly entitled to pay whatever price they see fit for art that they enjoy. It's not even a matter of me deciding not to attend because of the price, I live in England and wouldn't be going even if it was $5 unfortunately, but is that normal for solo shows at those kind of venues in California? Personally I would not pay more than $45 including fees for a show like this unless there were some guaranteed big name guest duets lined up or a really excellent support artist/band (like a double headliner tour)

I recently saw Queens of the Stone Age for $40 (£20) and I thought that was about right considering the money had to be split more ways and the fact that they crossed an ocean to play my hometown on their 'backwater' tour.

I heard about the auction of the special ticket packages for the West Memphis Three which is a great cause but am I missing something, is any of the standard ticket money going to charity because that would make more sense to me.

Again I'm NOT flaming Eddie and I hope everyone who attends has a beautiful and safe experience, I'm just blown away by that BASE ticket price.

Most shows in LA area are $100+ per seat. There are plenty of small indie rock venues that you can see bands for < $20, but big names come through here and venues won't let them play for less than $60 a ticket.
    how am i supposed to sign here?
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    Eddie might be playing the piazza San Marco in Venice this June. It's part of the Emergency concerts. I hope this happens for real.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin