Options

*** Worcester 2 Fanviews Here 10/16/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    really fun time in the pit, it was even better bringing a huge fan to see them for his first time. i haven't written my night 1 review yet but it was clearly better. it was definitely fun being so close, the only time i havent seen them far away besides Made in America but Tuesday night was so epic.

i like the Pendulum start and Ed crushed Low Light, then the crowd got into it after that with the next 3 songs but i feel like they were dead until Lukin/Not For You. I've never seen the band make the crowd die out like that before. Eddie was also obviously sick, hungover, or just really cant sing like he used to. His voice was better the night before but its shocking how hes basically lost it for any song he needs to scream. hoping the day off helps him for Barclays.

they seemed confused with the setlist all night but once they got to the Black in the first encore the show was awesome. everyone seemed to get their second wind. Ed nailed Baba too.

cant wait for Brooklyn
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    mkdevo wrote:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:

words cannot express my gratitude for this.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Thank you for an amazing night. Bridgeport loves you and wants you to come to Webster Bank Arena!
    Cheers,
    Denis
  • Options
    KV286578 wrote:
    My 13 year old daughter (Liv) has been bugging me to see PJ for years. My wife and I were at the ‘94 Rochester show together and PJ has been a huge part of our lives. We now have four kids together and they have grown up seeing mom and dad run off on occasion to different shows, most recently Chicago to see the band at Wrigley. The love for Pearl Jam has been constant and has been passed along. Of all my kids, their music resonates most with my 13 year old.

Enter Worcester 2 GA! I got in line around 1:00 to be joined by my wife and daughter when she had finished school. I was hoping to get close enough for her to see but the line started at 5:30 AM so we were back a bit in line (#79 or so). We got in and did the required “walk” run to the center of the stage, her choice so we could see everyone. We ended up three back and were in with an amazing group of people. She got to talk to all kinds of great people up front and even gambled a bit on what time the lights would go down (8:23) and the show would start. During the two hours while we waited my daughter struck up a conversation with the guy standing right in front of her on the rail. They hit it off, she is a true fan after all, and the rest of the story will have a dramatic impact on the rest of her life.

I won’t name the guy in front, I will send him a proper thank you later and he can share if he wants, but he was like an angel for my family last night. He asked us if it was okay if he let her up front and then let Liv stand with him for the entire show! My girl, little Liv, was front row dead center to see the best band of all time! In true PJ fashion, the band noticed this blond head banging around and jumping up and down with a big metal smile and were over the top generous. Quick summary of events:

1.After seven or eight songs, Mike McCready gave her a pick he was playing with, sending her into tears.
    2.Later, in the final encore, Ed played harmonica for Smile. This is one of Liv’s favorites because I used to play it for her when I would travel. He was a bit frustrated with harmonica and threw it to the ground. Later, it’s a bit of a blur now, when he came down to the crowd, he came right up to Liv, gave her the harmonica and told her “good job” with a wink! Are you kidding me! I am getting chills again just writing this! Unbelievable! More tears for Liv, mom and dad.
    3.Later, when Ed was passing around tambourines (one he smashed on his head) he was looking into the crowd and threw one to my daughter’s new best friend for being such a standup guy. Instead of keeping it, this most generous and amazing guy, who has been to 100+ (I remember the number) show, turned and gave the tambourine to my wife! My God, could this get any better.
    4.I don’t remember when or how Ed ended up in front hi-fiving the crowd, I do know my daughter claims she was holding him up! What?!
    5.Finishing with Smile, Once, Alive, Baba O and Ledbetter is my little girls dream scenario. She rocked as hard as anyone in the place and another member of the band must have taken notice. After they closed and were saying goodbye, Matt Cameron walked right up to Liv and gave her his drum sticks. I almost fell over.

I’m sure I am overstating this, as it just happened last night and I am trying to make sense of it all, but that was the most epic night for me ever. To see my oldest have that kind of experience and to be cared for by this band and community, something I have valued for over 20 years! To have it live up to, and massively surpass, my wildest dreams for her first show. Sitting at work and useless, wondering if it all really happened that way.

Huge thank you to her angle in the front row! So generous with your space and time. My wife and I are forever grateful and in awe of you.

Huge thanks to the fans nearby, so kind and excited with her.

Huge thanks to PJ for making it a night that my daughter will never, ever forget.

A couple of questions:

Is my daughter set for life or wrecked for life – nothing like this will ever happen again, but imagine what a great time she can have chasing this musical experience!

How do you send thanks from a 13 year old to Pearl Jam? We want her to love music, but manners are important as well.

I’m not great at the forum. Is this posted in the right thread or should it be on its own?

Is there any greater “Dad” band?

That's awesome man! A night your daughter will never forget!
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    KV286578 wrote:

I’m not great at the forum. Is this posted in the right thread or should it be on its own??
    Perfect place for it and a great story. I saw Ed say "good job" to your daughter, couldn't tell from the angle in McCreadyville who he was talking too, but I figured it was likely someone young. Kudos to all involved, especially the member who let her on the rail.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    Good show all around and think I would rank the 4 shows I been to thus far:

Wor 1
    Pitt
    Wor 2
    Buff

Those are the only one's you've been to this tour?
    :lol:
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Last night was a great show. Don't get me wrong. But I think PJ and I were channeling the same wavelengths. Before night 1 I was rested and beyond excited to see my favorite band for the 6th time and 1st since 2010. I was pumped and full of energy the entire night. Got home around 1am and woke up at 5am for work on Wed. Slogged through the day and was exhausted before I even left for the show. Pulled it together and even though I was beat, I had a great time.

It seems PJ was the same way. Not that they lacked energy night 2 but they played a lot of safe songs. Like others have said, a greatest hits night (except for Otherside...Holy :o ). Not that I mind that, I love the hits just as much as everyone. Ed looked a little under at times. When the 1st set ended at 9:30 I knew it was going to be a short night. Good show but couldn't hold a candle to night 1 for me. that might be the best show I ever see.

Great to hang with twisted thoughts and her man in the pit. always a fun time hangin with them and my boy fenway faithful. See you all in Hartford next week. That will be one for the ages I bet.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Last night was a great show. Don't get me wrong. But I think PJ and I were channeling the same wavelengths. Before night 1 I was rested and beyond excited to see my favorite band for the 6th time and 1st since 2010. I was pumped and full of energy the entire night. Got home around 1am and woke up at 5am for work on Wed. Slogged through the day and was exhausted before I even left for the show. Pulled it together and even though I was beat, I had a great time.

It seems PJ was the same way. Not that they lacked energy night 2 but they played a lot of safe songs. Like others have said, a greatest hits night (except for Otherside...Holy :o ). Not that I mind that, I love the hits just as much as everyone. Ed looked a little under at times. When the 1st set ended at 9:30 I knew it was going to be a short night. Good show but couldn't hold a candle to night 1 for me. that might be the best show I ever see.

Great to hang with twisted thoughts and her man in the pit. always a fun time hangin with them and my boy fenway faithful. See you all in Hartford next week. That will be one for the ages I bet.

These are my thoughts and experience exactly (down to getting home from night 1 at 1am and getting up at 5am for work Wednesday). Exhausted and nearly fell asleep at my desk multiple times wondering how I was going to make it through another show (F getting old)!
    When I saw the first few songs I thought oh, Ed looks like he isn't feeling well at all. Night 1 will be the best for me for years (or forever) yet night 2 was still fantastic.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    mikescg wrote:
    I considered night 2 a great show and I witnessed something really cool, my wife and I were sitting in section 108 2nd row up off the floor, and there was a father and his young son in front of us, a security guy from the band walked in front of us a few times and about 5 or 6 songs in, he came back and made it a point to hand the young kid a pick that mike had thrown out in the crowd, the kid was obviously psyched! At the end of the show the kid and the dad made it a point to wade through the crowd to thank the security guy, It was really nice to see! Kudos to whoever the security guy was! He definitely made the young kids night!

Wow, you don't say... a young kid? At a PJ show? Having a really good time? Who would have thunk it? ;)

[I'm joking, but this is a reference to the thread about bringing young kids to shows. Many said young kids are too young to actually care about PJ or "like" PJ on their own. Just another observation of a young kid who actually did really want to be there and like PJ. Thanks for sharing, that's a really nice story. Cool security guard!]
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    edited October 2013
    JH6056 wrote:

Wow, you don't say... a young kid? At a PJ show? Having a really good time? Who would have thunk it? ;)

[I'm joking, but this is a reference to the thread about bringing young kids to shows. Many said young kids are too young to actually care about PJ or "like" PJ on their own. Just another observation of a young kid who actually did really want to be there and like PJ. Thanks for sharing, that's a really nice story. Cool security guard!]

It's funny, I was sitting next to a guy, like 40ish, last night, and it was his first PJ show, and he was saying how he saw so many people with their teenagers in tow, taking them to their first rock show kind of thing. And I was like wow, yeah, PJ was my first real rock show almost 20 years ago, and he was like, "I bet your dad didn't take you to that." And I just had to laugh at the idea of me at 16 wanting to go see a band my parents liked or my parents wanting to see a band that I liked or any of us thinking of a rock show as a family outing. I wonder if it's the times that have changed or the nature of rock music or what.
    Post edited by Lauri on
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    KV286578 wrote:
    My 13 year old daughter (Liv) has been bugging me to see PJ for years. My wife and I were at the ‘94 Rochester show together and PJ has been a huge part of our lives. We now have four kids together and they have grown up seeing mom and dad run off on occasion to different shows, most recently Chicago to see the band at Wrigley. The love for Pearl Jam has been constant and has been passed along. Of all my kids, their music resonates most with my 13 year old.

Enter Worcester 2 GA! I got in line around 1:00 to be joined by my wife and daughter when she had finished school. I was hoping to get close enough for her to see but the line started at 5:30 AM so we were back a bit in line (#79 or so). We got in and did the required “walk” run to the center of the stage, her choice so we could see everyone. We ended up three back and were in with an amazing group of people. She got to talk to all kinds of great people up front and even gambled a bit on what time the lights would go down (8:23) and the show would start. During the two hours while we waited my daughter struck up a conversation with the guy standing right in front of her on the rail. They hit it off, she is a true fan after all, and the rest of the story will have a dramatic impact on the rest of her life.

I won’t name the guy in front, I will send him a proper thank you later and he can share if he wants, but he was like an angel for my family last night. He asked us if it was okay if he let her up front and then let Liv stand with him for the entire show! My girl, little Liv, was front row dead center to see the best band of all time! In true PJ fashion, the band noticed this blond head banging around and jumping up and down with a big metal smile and were over the top generous. Quick summary of events:

1.After seven or eight songs, Mike McCready gave her a pick he was playing with, sending her into tears.
    2.Later, in the final encore, Ed played harmonica for Smile. This is one of Liv’s favorites because I used to play it for her when I would travel. He was a bit frustrated with harmonica and threw it to the ground. Later, it’s a bit of a blur now, when he came down to the crowd, he came right up to Liv, gave her the harmonica and told her “good job” with a wink! Are you kidding me! I am getting chills again just writing this! Unbelievable! More tears for Liv, mom and dad.
    3.Later, when Ed was passing around tambourines (one he smashed on his head) he was looking into the crowd and threw one to my daughter’s new best friend for being such a standup guy. Instead of keeping it, this most generous and amazing guy, who has been to 100+ (I remember the number) show, turned and gave the tambourine to my wife! My God, could this get any better.
    4.I don’t remember when or how Ed ended up in front hi-fiving the crowd, I do know my daughter claims she was holding him up! What?!
    5.Finishing with Smile, Once, Alive, Baba O and Ledbetter is my little girls dream scenario. She rocked as hard as anyone in the place and another member of the band must have taken notice. After they closed and were saying goodbye, Matt Cameron walked right up to Liv and gave her his drum sticks. I almost fell over.

I’m sure I am overstating this, as it just happened last night and I am trying to make sense of it all, but that was the most epic night for me ever. To see my oldest have that kind of experience and to be cared for by this band and community, something I have valued for over 20 years! To have it live up to, and massively surpass, my wildest dreams for her first show. Sitting at work and useless, wondering if it all really happened that way.

Huge thank you to her angle in the front row! So generous with your space and time. My wife and I are forever grateful and in awe of you.

Huge thanks to PJ for making it a night that my daughter will never, ever forget.

A couple of questions:

Is my daughter set for life or wrecked for life – nothing like this will ever happen again, but imagine what a great time she can have chasing this musical experience!

How do you send thanks from a 13 year old to Pearl Jam? We want her to love music, but manners are important as well.

I’m not great at the forum. Is this posted in the right thread or should it be on its own?

That's awesome man! A night your daughter will never forget!

That is a great story, and it makes me wonder what shows others have been at when they talk about PJ shows as awful, inappropriate places for kids. Your kid is much older than the kid we were talking about in the recent thread (3!), but the descriptions of the audiences do not match my 50+ show expereinces of PJ audiences. Your post matches though, as that's what I've expereinced, both on the rail, on the sides in seats, and at the back of the back of the venue (ok, a bit more nefarious activity at the back of the back, but it's to be expected and people were still nice, they were just "busy" ;) LOL!).

Is your daughter wrecked? No way, no how. My 1st most memorable show was when I was 11, and while there is NO WAY I'm going to name the band (will get laughted off this board for sure, although they were good and were The Shit Hot Band at the time), I had the time of my life for sure. Amazing experience. But it did not mean that other stuff after that was a disappointment, it just raised my expectations and made me seek out music that fit the bill. As much as none of us can imagine anything as good as or better than PJ, there will be another band in your daughter's lifetime who will BLOW HER AWAY, and she will see them, be awed, and be transported. If she continues to be that much of a music fan, she will be amazed, And the "once in a lifetime" experiences do not ruin you forever. I was at the front row of probably the best live band I've ever seen my whole life (a little after the embarrassing band) (it was the Clash and I was 13, but don't fault my parents, it was a daytime show and they didn't know my older family member was taking me until after the fact. I got grounded for it, but damnnnn was it worth it!!) But without telling the whole story (that's for a different thread), that show and what happened after that show literally changed my life. No experience was as instense as that, but it didn't ruin everything else after that, it just made me appreciate other brilliant music and be grateful for that experience the more I realize how rare it is. Hopefully your daughter will see this expereinece the same way.

Awesome, so glad your whole family (well, the 3 of you - next tour bring them all! :mrgreen: ) had a brilliant time!
  • Options
    WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    Lauri wrote:
    JH6056 wrote:

It's funny, I was sitting next to a guy, like 40ish, last night, and it was his first PJ show, and he was saying how he saw so many people with their teenagers in tow, taking them to their first rock show kind of thing. And I was like wow, yeah, PJ was my first real rock show almost 20 years ago, and he was like, "I bet your dad didn't take you to that." And I just had to laugh at the idea of me at 16 wanting to go see a band my parents liked or my parents wanting to see a band that I liked or any of us thinking of a rock show as a family outing. I wonder if it's the times that have changed or the nature of rock music or what.
    My dad took me to see my first PJ show and it was a night I will never forget! I was 16...I'm gonna be 30 in December...where does the time go?
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    ^ Was your daughter a really tall, skinny blond girl? In the GA line up before we went in they separated the guys and girls into different lines. I had number 65 on my hand but there was way more guys in the GA line than girls. As the women lined up beside us there were some passing me that I had not seen all day. A little blond girl and her mom pulled up beside me and she was jumping up and down and had a smile from ear to ear. Her mom said to her "relax!" then to us; "Sorry, this is her first PJ show." I looked at the little girl and said; "Don't relax! This is your first show! Jump around!" they both smiled and the lines started to move. I ended up on the rail on Mike's side so I'm guessing by where you guys made your way into the pit initially, you couldn't have been much further behind us.

Very cool story. An amazing story your entire family can share for many, many years.
  • Options
    That was her! She is still jumping up and down!
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    They played Other Side???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o:o:o:o
  • Options
    KV286578 wrote:

A couple of questions:

Fucking awesome!!
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    KV286578 wrote:

A couple of questions:

Kirk - it was my pleasure, really.

I have had people hand me front row tickets, rides to the next show, a place on their floor, chicken noodle soup when i was completely sick before the seattle 00 shows and so many other kindnesses while touring with pearl jam, that it is kind of my duty at this point to make sure that those things are still going on at their shows. the community is what we make it.

as for the show last night, meeting your daughter was unforgettable. i am at the point where i definitely like seeing people welcomed into the world of live PJ for the first time as the reaction is always unique somehow. However Liv's reaction and her personality/energy made the night one i'll carry with me forever.

ultimately the memorabilia that you take from the show which is most important becomes mental/emotional and the physical items are just reminders. any museum has to have some artifacts, Liv just happened to find some on her first 'dig' so to speak.

she knew most of her stuff really well. a couple times i leaned down so our heads were at the same level so we could both sing along together. she was rocking it. her reaction to everything was cool.

she asked me: "how many guitars does Mikey have????" - when he switched to his electric guitar from his twelve string acoustic during sirens... i laughed and just said a lot. every now and then i'd point to make sure she checked out who was soloing on guitar...

she also called ledbetter... and yeah all of us in front were holding up Ed during alive. well actually, i wasn't. i had formed a locked-tight barrier so nobody could crush Liv. she never knew there was a push at all i think,,

it may be closer than you think as to who had more fun between your daughter and i... that show was really awesome for me. wouldn't have done anything differently.

looking forward to emailing wtih Liv - i'd love to kick talk pj with her and make sure she listens to lots of old jack irons era shows. a growing child needs that kind of nourishment.

anyway - Kirk - you are very welcome. the reaction of each member of your family was priceless and being able to help facilitate that occurrence really is thanks enough in itself.

see you on the road,
    rich
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    SO MANY FEELS!

Seriously though, I wish there was 10x more of this on the forums and 10x less bitching and moaning. Great to see what PJ can do to each of us. This past week has been unbelievable. 4 excellent shows. I'm already bummed that I'm done for this tour. I'm really hoping they come back somewhere within a 6 hour drive next year. I can't fathom what waiting another 2 years would be like after these last 6 days...
  • Options
    FadedGloryFadedGlory Chicagoland Posts: 416
    I don't ever post here, but reading these last two, I just had to. So. Freaking. Awesome. In fact, from where I was in 232, I looked down and actually saw the tambourine being passed back. Pretty cool to now know who was doing it and why. What an amazing story, on both sides.

I flew out from Chicago to go to back-to-back shows because I'd never done that before, and because after Wrigley this past summer, well, I'd go to every show on the tour if I could.

I don't have any amazing stories to compare to those, but both shows will be memorable for me. Night 1, my wife came with me, and we had to drive out from Boston proper. Of course, massive traffic, and I was freaking out when we got to Worcester and couldn't find parking. Everything was working against us. I was about to lose my s**t thinking that they might open with "Release" and I'd miss it or – gasp! – miss out on the poster. But when we finally found a spot, we sprinted inside, saw the house lights still on, grabbed the poster, got to our seats and were there 30 seconds before the show started. "Release," "Long Road" and "Elderly Woman" all hit me in major ways, so to have that as a trifecta to start made me understand that the karma had flipped from the stress of finding parking and rushing inside.

Night 2, my wife didn't go with me. Never planned to, and I tried to get her to till the second I left. She knew deep down that if she didn't go, there was no doubt they were going to play her favorites – "Smile" "and "Yellow Ledbetter," namely. And of course ... But Night 2, I had the same insanity with trying to beat traffic, find parking, get inside, all that stress. And once again, I just made it. But all the stress and strain was gone for the next two and a half hours, as always.

Every time I think I liked Night 1's set a little more, I think about getting the second encore that we got on Night 2, and it makes my head spin. They both were amazing in different ways, so I'm going to stop trying to compare them and just treat them as one show. And now I'll just start the countdown to when I can see them again.

1992: Chicago, Tinley Park
    1995: Chicago
    2009: Chicago
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I+II, Los Angeles I+II
    2014: Cincinnati, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, Toronto II
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV solo)
    2018: Seattle I+II, Chicago I+II, Boston I
    2022: Chicago I+II (EV & Earthlings), Los Angeles I+II, Las Vegas (canceled), New York, St. Louis
    2023: St. Paul I+II, Chicago I+II, Indianapolis (canceled)

• Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    KV286578 wrote:

A couple of questions:

Amazing story! Kudos to being a great parent!

This is why so many of us truly love this band!
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    KV286578 wrote:

A couple of questions:

Shes screwed lol!! : )

Post this as your own message, and give proper thanks to the guy helping you out, in the porch forum. Everyone will love the story : )
  • Options
    E-G-A-G wrote:
    KV286578 wrote:

A couple of questions:

I have had people hand me front row tickets, rides to the next show, a place on their floor, chicken noodle soup when i was completely sick before the seattle 00 shows and so many other kindnesses while touring with pearl jam, that it is kind of my duty at this point to make sure that those things are still going on at their shows. the community is what we make it.

as for the show last night, meeting your daughter was unforgettable. i am at the point where i definitely like seeing people welcomed into the world of live PJ for the first time as the reaction is always unique somehow. However Liv's reaction and her personality/energy made the night one i'll carry with me forever.

ultimately the memorabilia that you take from the show which is most important becomes mental/emotional and the physical items are just reminders. any museum has to have some artifacts, Liv just happened to find some on her first 'dig' so to speak.

she knew most of her stuff really well. a couple times i leaned down so our heads were at the same level so we could both sing along together. she was rocking it. her reaction to everything was cool.

she asked me: "how many guitars does Mikey have????" - when he switched to his electric guitar from his twelve string acoustic during sirens... i laughed and just said a lot. every now and then i'd point to make sure she checked out who was soloing on guitar...

she also called ledbetter... and yeah all of us in front were holding up Ed during alive. well actually, i wasn't. i had formed a locked-tight barrier so nobody could crush Liv. she never knew there was a push at all i think,,

it may be closer than you think as to who had more fun between your daughter and i... that show was really awesome for me. wouldn't have done anything differently.

looking forward to emailing wtih Liv - i'd love to kick talk pj with her and make sure she listens to lots of old jack irons era shows. a growing child needs that kind of nourishment.

anyway - Kirk - you are very welcome. the reaction of each member of your family was priceless and being able to help facilitate that occurrence really is thanks enough in itself.

see you on the road,
    rich

This is so awesome! This is a fantastic story about people helping people and spreading positive vibes all around.

I am so happy all of you had a great time, from the sounds of it a show of such a great setlist and great people was well deserved on your guys' part! :)
  • Options
    That's Rich being Rich. Great story. I have hitched many a rides in the green machine and the blue taxi with E-G-A-G at the helm. Wouldn't have made many of the shows I have seen if it wasn't for him.
    KV286578 wrote:

A couple of questions:

baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    The Hendrix tease was just that, a huge tease. It was odd to see the exchange between Ed & Stone...... If you recall, Ed was in the process of introducing Stone when 'whatever' went down.

Daughter was a buzz kill, and it seemed to end very abruptly.

(I could be mistaken on some of these recollections; please... Correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    I didn't even notice the Little Wing tease so I wasn't expecting that to be played in fulll, but yeah the Ed/Stone exchange was odd. I would have preferred Leaving Here, but if Ed needed to preserve his voice, so be it.
  • Options
    E-G-A-G wrote:
    KV286578 wrote:

A couple of questions:

see you on the road,
    rich

I may have been tearing up a little bit reading this thread. And this is why I love Pearl Jam and equally as important why I love the true fans. I have tried to explain this to other people and it is so hard to put into words. Maybe I need to share this story! This was show #6 for me all very spread out since 1996 and my mind continues to be blown. I am looking forward to Hartford and the first time I will be seeing two shows in the same tour.
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 466
    KV286578 wrote:

A couple of questions:

That's an amazing story !! Just part of the reason we all love this band so much. It's not just the band themselves but the comraderie of the fans, how we're in this together

I have 3 girls ( ages 10, 7 and 4) and I grin ear to ear when we get in the car and they ask me to put on pearl jam. ( animal is their favorite song). Nothing cuter than when I ask my 4 year old who is singing and in her little voice responds, Eddie Vedder.

I hope someday soon to have this sort of experience with them at a PJ show . Maybe my 50th show. ( last night was 33 for me )

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    RebekahRebekah Cape Cod, MA Posts: 44
    Kirk...what an amazing story! You, your daughter and your wife will have such amazing, lifelong memories!

Rich, you are a beautiful human being and deserve accolades. I also watched from afar as you passed the tambourine on and thought, I wonder what the story is there. I'm so happy to hear it was so positive.

Love love love it, and you all. Your gratitude, generosity and grace give me hope and warm fuzzy feelings! :D

I was on the floor for first night in Worcester, right about where Kirk and Liz were, and had the experience of a lifetime. No momentos from the evening, but beautiful lifelong memories none the less. I also think the first night set list was better than second. I was a bit disappointed in the amount of repeats and the heavy Ten songs, but it was also a happy surprise to hear Down and even GTF, didn't really expect that. Pendulum as the opener was a nice treat as we're eds boston stories. I love this band and am forever grateful for each memory they have given me over the years, and ll continue to give in years to come..
    Caught a bolt of lightening...cursed the day he let it go....
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 812
    For all those people who said, "It's too much of a greatest hits show".... Go cry me a river. The majority of the people at these shows want to hear the fucking hits, that's why they are the fucking hits. So soorrryyy you couldn't hear "Out Of My Mind" or some other super obscure song to cross off your list, nerd. The fact is when PJ plays some new songs, a few obscurities and a boat load of hits, then those are easily the best shows and will keep the band selling out venues around the world. And I love the obscure shit but let's be real. I don't need to cry on every song people, it's a rock show!