'ave I left this too late!?

RobertRobert Posts: 22
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
ok goin to Dublin to see PJ but my passport ran out do I need a passport to go to Dublin I have a drivers licence as photographic ID I've used this to travel to london from Glasgow but I know it's RoI so anyone know as I've booked me hotel and I need to go to this gig!

cheers

Robert!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    You'll need a passport I believe. If you send off for it now you might just get it in time, usually it takes 6 weeks, depending on how busy the office is.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Robert wrote:
    ok goin to Dublin to see PJ but my passport ran out do I need a passport to go to Dublin I have a drivers licence as photographic ID I've used this to travel to london from Glasgow but I know it's RoI so anyone know as I've booked me hotel and I need to go to this gig!

cheers

Robert!

i see you are in Dumbarton... get into glasgow and go to the Passport Offices.. you'll have to queue but they'll issue one that very same day :)

now why are you still logged on.... get moving boy!!!

EDIT::: looks like you have to pre-book these days.. anyway it takes around 3 weeks to get it done according to the website..

The basic fee for renewing an adult passport is £51.
    This is for a postal application, where you simply send us the form and other necessary documents in the envelope provided. We aim to send you your passport in about three weeks by Secure Delivery.

The Check & Send service attracts a handling charge (on top of the standard £51 passport fee).
    Our high street partners (selected Post Office® branches and WorldChoice travel agents) offer this service. They will check your application form to make sure it has been correctly filled in and that you have supplied the right documents and suitable photos. They then send the form to us and we send out your passport by Secure Delivery.

The Fast Track one-week service costs £77.50.
    This service is for urgent applications. To use the service you make an appointment at your local Passport Office to deliver your application and documents in person. We guarantee that you will receive your new passport by Secure Delivery a week after you applied (excludes bank and public holidays).

The Premium same-day service costs £96.50.
    This service is for urgent applications. To use the service you make an appointment at your local Passport Office to deliver your application and documents in person. We guarantee to have your passport ready for collection the same day (as long as your appointment is before the daily cut-off point.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    If you go into a post office and do a check and send service mine only took two weeks. Still time but you need to do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Who are ya flying with? By law you only need a drivers licence but I think Ryanair demand a passport but a drivers licence might be enough. Ring whoever you're flying with first or go to their website.

Otherwise you still have time to get a passport - the passport office here is great and I'm sure it's the same there, you will NEVER be able to blame them for not being able to go anywhere cos they'll sort you out.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I needed a renewal of my passport. I got the form 2 weeks ago, sent payment and sent off the form. And i received my brand spankin' new passport about 5 days ago! Talk about speedy service!

If you apply now i think you'll be ok.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Have you sorted it yet mate? :D

Best check mine actually!! :eek: ;)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Who are ya flying with? By law you only need a drivers licence but I think Ryanair demand a passport but a drivers licence might be enough. Ring whoever you're flying with first or go to their website.

Otherwise you still have time to get a passport - the passport office here is great and I'm sure it's the same there, you will NEVER be able to blame them for not being able to go anywhere cos they'll sort you out.

We will need passports to get back into the country though. Not in the UK are you ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • RobertRobert Posts: 22
    SHITTEEEEEEEEE!

ok gettin the forms today and fill them in and away before the weekend i mite even go up to glasgow at the weekend!
    We will need passports to get back into the country though. Not in the UK are you ;)

No I'm not :) BUT legally to travel between Ireland and the UK a government ID thing is all that's required, like a drivers licence or passport or one of those government ID things :D but some airlines demand a passport only and won't let you fly otherwise. They've been challenged in the courts over this but I'm not sure what the outcome was. Ryanair use any excuse not to let you fly though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    No I'm not :) BUT legally to travel between Ireland and the UK a government ID thing is all that's required, like a drivers licence or passport or one of those government ID things :D but some airlines demand a passport only and won't let you fly otherwise. They've been challenged in the courts over this but I'm not sure what the outcome was. Ryanair use any excuse not to let you fly though.

i'm going with Ryanair... just checked email and it says photo id only.. so Drivers Licence is ok... but i'll take passport anyway... dont wanna risk it :eek:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    i'm going with Ryanair... just checked email and it says photo id only.. so Drivers Licence is ok... but i'll take passport anyway... dont wanna risk it :eek:

Maybe somebody won their case then - take passport though definitely! Take no chances with them fuckers.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • RobertRobert Posts: 22
    I'm flying ryanair I really should phone them but it's £1 a minuite and I know it's going to be like in the simpsons when homer calls the coach for betting tips

Hello.........you.............have...........got...........through.........to..........ryan.....air........

and they don't have an e-mail address I can mail too!
    http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=pid&quest=photoid

dont know if this helps!!

All passengers must present valid photo identification at check-in for all flights. The only acceptable forms of photo-ID on Ryanair flights are:
    A valid passport
    A valid Government issued National Identity Card issued by a European Economic Area (EEA) country. Only the following countries from the EEA issue National Identity Cards which are acceptable for carriage: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden (for travel within the Schengen area only) and Switzerland.
    National Identity Cards issued by the Government of Gibraltar.
    A valid European Economic Area (EEA) driving licence with photo, presented by a passenger whose place of birth is within the EEA is acceptable only for travel on internal flights within the UK, internal flights within Italy and UK-Republic of Ireland-UK.
    In accordance with Article 28(1) of the 1951 UN Convention, a valid UN Refugee Convention Travel Document issued by a Government in place of a valid passport is acceptable.
    I'm not flying with Ryanair but I ain't gonna take no chances! Reminds me, must dig out passport tomorrow :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I can produce a Passport, ID card AND Driving Licence..you think they'll let me on ;)
    Flying BMI though.
    Pegasus wrote:
    I can produce a Passport, ID card AND Driving Licence..you think they'll let me on ;)
    Flying BMI though.

Not if you look suspicious ;):p

Rockin' out to Creadles