Options

brooklyn prices are OUTRAGEOUS

mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
edited October 2013 in The Porch
right now the cheapest seats are upper level behind the stage for 160 each!!!!!!! and thats before service fees!! i think im gonna be shut out for a nyc show for the first time since 9-11-98
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mrpink90 wrote:
    right now the cheapest seats are upper level behind the stage for 160 each!!!!!!! and thats before service fees!! i think im gonna be shut out for a nyc show for the first time since 9-11-98
    Stubhub has been interesting to follow the last month or so.
    Prices never dropped.
    Tickets slowly but surely disappeared.
    And anything in the lower bowl? Just insane the prices people are asking.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    At this point, yeah, probably. With secondary markets like Stub Hubs it's all about striking at the right time and being patient. I was watching Stub Hub like a hawk the moment that I got shut out for tickets, and I waited up until last week when I saw a pair for $110 each and snagged em'. It's all just luck and patience.
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Uh... StubHub? Clearly you're watching the wrong site. There are throngs of great people helping each other out here for face value. I know this for a fact :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I am so happy, I actually got 10 club tickets and tickets through Ticketmaster... Keep on checking ticketmaster multiple times a day, sometimes more tickets get released on the days leading up to the show. Good Luck!
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    benjs wrote:
    Uh... StubHub? Clearly you're watching the wrong site. There are throngs of great people helping each other out here for face value. I know this for a fact :)

Yup, traded my extras for extra nite 2 to a fellow club member. Can't wait!
  • Options
    I am so happy, I actually got 10 club tickets and tickets through Ticketmaster... Keep on checking ticketmaster multiple times a day, sometimes more tickets get released on the days leading up to the show. Good Luck!
    I have checked ticketmaster, for Brooklyn2 tickets...

10,473 times.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

10,473 times.

lol... Well keep on checking, a few years back the night before a sold out Kings of Leon show, I scored two GA pit tickets... Persistence, with a little bit of luck, pays off sometimes. :D
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

10,473 times.

:lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I paid $310 for a pair in the upper deck on ebay. That was cheapest I could find.
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

I can speak to this as well as I was able to grab tickets to night 1 on the board. However, that was also dumb luck, and I would suggest anyone trying to grab tickets to not put all their eggs in a single basket.
    The Scary Monster
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    To the OP, I've read that behind the stage seats aren't that bad. You get your own dedicated set of speakers, you see what the band sees as well as the vid screens, and they turn around for you at some point.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    kineticjam wrote:
    I paid $310 for a pair in the upper deck on ebay. That was cheapest I could find.

man, i dont mean to scare anyone or anything, but id be real wary of buying tickets off of ebay. i hope you did you homework. good luck
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    mrpink90 wrote:

Now they are up to 225!! it's really insane. I was hoping prices would drop so I could snag one last minute, but I should probably draw the line somewhere (especially when I'm seeing them 3x already) ... :?