♣♣♣ 10/16/13 Worcester 2 Setlist Thread ♣♣♣

1282930313234»

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Just got up from bed after driving 3 hours home from this show. My best description of this set is -

RELENTLESS

I did skim some of the thread, as it's an interesting read from the inside. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm not going to compare this show to that show. I will start out by saying - if someone think this is the worst (clearly a relative term) so far, then everyone is in for a killer tour. Another (less positive way) to talk about some of the comments -

Have some of you become so jaded that a set list that can best be described as:

New album wrapped around half of Yield!!! - let me say that again - Half of Yield with GTF as the 3rd song behind Lowlight!!!!! :lol:

Then a little bit off of the "other albums" including the how can it ever get old Lukin --->>>Not For You with Down and SOLAT and wrapped up with a killer Porch that Mike was on fire

Followed by a brief mostly non-acoustic start to an Encore led by Otherside. Another let me repeat - Other fn Side. That ended with an all out assault from Ten with Mike just tearing it up. (BTW, I love the placement of Evenflow here. To me makes much more sense than the middle of the main set. Anyone who takes a break during this song isn't there for the music.) and wrap with RVM where Jeff and Mike had the lights swinging and at one point Mike was shredding his strings on one of them. (Oh, and let's not forget the brief interlude of Little Wing and Angie!!!)

Then a finisher of Smile (always a crowd pleaser), Once :shock: Alive (yes, I guess the only disappointment of the night was Footsteps being scratched. When they broke into Alive, I said to my new found friend - wonder if they'll finish it off with a completely out of order Footsteps - only to find out I was sort of right, but missed out, and a Baba appearance. I think I saw a comment that someone wasn't feeling YL to end, but this was clearly a YL night.

So, in summary - New album, Half of Yield, Most of Ten, a sprinkle of Vs, Lukin, Down, SOLAT, Otherside, Once and Baba

May all your set lists be this mediocre/average/whatever. One of my top shows (not talking just PJ). That first set was freaking RELENTLESS!!!!! It's going to be a great tour!!!!!!! See ya all (well, some of you) Friday - No Sleep til Brooklyn (well, actually lots of sleep to get ready for the 2 nights, but I've always wanted to say that)!!!!!

Side note - Eddie used the lyric sheet from his binder to help with Otherside. Props to him for doing that which allows the band to play songs that I'm sure he's long since forgotten the lyrics to. If you notice a couple of spots where he's choppy (I did b/c I had the visual) that's when he was getting his cues from the sheet. Nothing bad. It was actually awesome to see.

When you are right...you are right. What a great night! Loved it.

Crazy energy in that room. Just crazy.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV wrote:
    Just got up from bed after driving 3 hours home from this show. My best description of this set is -

RELENTLESS

I did skim some of the thread, as it's an interesting read from the inside. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm not going to compare this show to that show. I will start out by saying - if someone think this is the worst (clearly a relative term) so far, then everyone is in for a killer tour. Another (less positive way) to talk about some of the comments -

Have some of you become so jaded that a set list that can best be described as:

New album wrapped around half of Yield!!! - let me say that again - Half of Yield with GTF as the 3rd song behind Lowlight!!!!! :lol:

Then a little bit off of the "other albums" including the how can it ever get old Lukin --->>>Not For You with Down and SOLAT and wrapped up with a killer Porch that Mike was on fire

Followed by a brief mostly non-acoustic start to an Encore led by Otherside. Another let me repeat - Other fn Side. That ended with an all out assault from Ten with Mike just tearing it up. (BTW, I love the placement of Evenflow here. To me makes much more sense than the middle of the main set. Anyone who takes a break during this song isn't there for the music.) and wrap with RVM where Jeff and Mike had the lights swinging and at one point Mike was shredding his strings on one of them. (Oh, and let's not forget the brief interlude of Little Wing and Angie!!!)

Then a finisher of Smile (always a crowd pleaser), Once :shock: Alive (yes, I guess the only disappointment of the night was Footsteps being scratched. When they broke into Alive, I said to my new found friend - wonder if they'll finish it off with a completely out of order Footsteps - only to find out I was sort of right, but missed out, and a Baba appearance. I think I saw a comment that someone wasn't feeling YL to end, but this was clearly a YL night.

So, in summary - New album, Half of Yield, Most of Ten, a sprinkle of Vs, Lukin, Down, SOLAT, Otherside, Once and Baba

May all your set lists be this mediocre/average/whatever. One of my top shows (not talking just PJ). That first set was freaking RELENTLESS!!!!! It's going to be a great tour!!!!!!! See ya all (well, some of you) Friday - No Sleep til Brooklyn (well, actually lots of sleep to get ready for the 2 nights, but I've always wanted to say that)!!!!!

Side note - Eddie used the lyric sheet from his binder to help with Otherside. Props to him for doing that which allows the band to play songs that I'm sure he's long since forgotten the lyrics to. If you notice a couple of spots where he's choppy (I did b/c I had the visual) that's when he was getting his cues from the sheet. Nothing bad. It was actually awesome to see.

When you are right...you are right. What a great night! Loved it.

Crazy energy in that room. Just crazy.

How the hell could I forget Matt fn Cameron's Cropduster!!!!! Cropduster I tell ya!!!!! Add that to my last summary and smoke it! :ugeek:

Ed was throwing off sweat from the 4th song through the end of the first set. Whatever he had (I think it's called a hangover boys and girls), he sweated it out in the first 20 minutes of that set. :lol: (MYM is a killer live song sure to become a staple in years to come. It's Lukin with audience participation. Insane.).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Yeah, I don't think Ed was sick - more like just a bit tired (I know I was pretty whipped last night, and that was just from watching the show the night before and all the driving to/fro). I was in GA maybe 30-40' back last night and he sipped tea after the first song or two but then he switched to the wine bottles*. He said something early on about needing help singing but if he was indeed sick it sure wasn't apparent in his voice or his overall energy (which wasn't up to the standard of the first night but that was a helluva high bar he set there).

* at the end of the show Ed splashed a bit of liquid out of a wine bottle and let's just say it looked to me like the clearest red wine I ever did see ... but hey, staying hydrated is cool.

I did prefer the first night for a number of reasons but last night was solid. A bit of a greatest-hits feel toward the end but the band was tight, and there were a few minor to major surprises sprinkled in. The LB stuff works real well live too.

Count me as a little bummed though about nothing from Backspacer last night and just one song over the two nights from the avocado album. One of the things I love about PJ is that even 20+ years on they continue making vital new music; personally, last night I could've gone for more recent songs in place of the repeats of DTE and (dare I say it) Porch. And though in my five shows in the past 10 years I've never seen them mail in Even Flow, I could go for a show without it ...

Anyway I just want to say thanks to everyone who made these setlist threads so great. Appreciate being able to read through these after the shows.
    Mansfield 7/3/2003 | Boston 5/24/2006 | Boston 5/17/2010 | Worcester 10/15-16/2013
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    estarr31 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    estarr31 wrote:

This second encore is better than last night but not the first 3/4 of the show. Last night was something special but I felt the second encore left something to be desired...and that was obviously because of the back to back nights.
    Last night was absolutely amazing, but I Am Mine, Otherside, Down, Gone, and Smile made it better for me personally. :)

It was certainly a nice mix for two nights. Did you go to both shows? If so, how did the energy and quality of the show overall compare? Last night was my first GA PJ show and that was truly something special. But look at us, we're splitting hairs here. Any of these shows by themselves would be epic. I know it's generic, but I was hoping to see Black lst night. I missed it in Wrigley and would've like to see that. But Release is one of my favorites and I have now seen two excellent renditions in 2013. Can't wait for the boots!
    I'm on the west coast. :( I don't get to see them until DECEMBER. :fp: And so far I've been really jealous of everyone who has been at the shows so far!
    Yeah, Release is one of my faves too - when they opened with it at Wrigley, I actually had some tears. It was amazing. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 503
    was just lookin over the set from last night... im pist that guy got on stage, thats fuckin dangerous. band handled it as best as they could once he was on the stage, but he never should have got that far.... also, i really think it was gonna be let the records play, and then they switched up to daughter. Ed and Stone were def arguing. Ed hands on hips, they were really conversing! Then during even flow Ed went for where he usually goes for cig in back-- thats where my section was. I couldnt see him smoke... he was pacing up and down like a madman though, was cupping his hand, so not sure if he was hiding it... But he was fuckin intense back there. Just some more tidbits!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    those threads are fuckin great..so much fun!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 503
    bump read last page. interested in anyones thoughts about fan onstage.
  • tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Is it bad that after going to the show last night I came home and read through (more skimmed) through every page? I felt like I was missing out on these awesome threads!!

Show was off the chain. Didn't go to night 1 but read it was crazy. Ed was still on point all night despite giving everything he had the night before. I have one complaint and that is they scratched Footsteps off the setlist. Would love to hear that at least once live. Awesome show and awesome night!

Also, to the guy who passed out in section 108/109, hope you're feeling better.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    WW187806 wrote:
    Is there any video of this? This is the first I'm hearing of it, and can't go back through 60+ pages. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    WW187806 wrote:

I think that guy is a douche... Anyone trying to make it onstage isn't there for the music or the band, they are trying to get attention. If you really want to try to talk to Eddie then put in the hours outside the venue. Don't make security's job harder than it needs to be.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    tcadd94 wrote:
    Is it bad that after going to the show last night I came home and read through (more skimmed) through every page? I felt like I was missing out on these awesome threads!!

Haven't been to a show yet this year, but I have done that in the past. :lol:
    (Probably will do it this weekend. ;) )
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • WW187806 wrote:
    was just lookin over the set from last night... im pist that guy got on stage, thats fuckin dangerous. band handled it as best as they could once he was on the stage, but he never should have got that far.... also, i really think it was gonna be let the records play, and then they switched up to daughter. Ed and Stone were def arguing. Ed hands on hips, they were really conversing! Then during even flow Ed went for where he usually goes for cig in back-- thats where my section was. I couldnt see him smoke... he was pacing up and down like a madman though, was cupping his hand, so not sure if he was hiding it... But he was fuckin intense back there. Just some more tidbits!

So I was in the back for night one. Ed literally took two puffs on an e-cigerette (blu tip glowing, hard to mix up with a real one). Anyway, it looks/sounds like he has quit or is in the process of quiting. He has not sounded this good since 2003 (IMO). Good on you Ed and keep it up, you sound great and your family will be happy!!!