SNOWBOARDING--SEATTLE AREA???

KK171821KK171821 Posts: 65
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
can anyone who knows the area tell me where theres quality riding??? and is early december a long shot? Im considering bringing my board out with me for the week of the Seattle show... thanks

any extras for the show? need 1...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Bring your passport and drive 5 hours to Whistler in kanada.
  • that would be ideal for sure... thats alot further than i wanna drive though. was hoping to rent a car for the day and find something closer. daytripper.. never been to whistler, but when i do go it'll be for a week.
    KK171821 wrote:
    that would be ideal for sure... thats alot further than i wanna drive though. was hoping to rent a car for the day and find something closer. daytripper.. never been to whistler, but when i do go it'll be for a week.
    The Summit at Snoqualmie is the closest. It's an hour east along highway 90. Not the greatest but it is close.

Crystal Mountain is nicer but a two hour drive away.

Mt. Baker is 3 hours away.

Don't go in expecting powder. It's common to ski in the rain. I took snowboard lessons at the beginning of the season when I lived there and then bought a snowboard ... it warmed up and all the slopes were closed for the rest of the season. :fp:
  • no doubt, im expecting slush if theyre even running at all... i saw those places, theyre all plenty close. ever been to any?
    KK171821 wrote:
    no doubt, im expecting slush if theyre even running at all... i saw those places, theyre all plenty close. ever been to any?
    Crystal has the best runs. Baker gets the most snow. Snoqualmie was nice for conveniance and they had night runs open
  • Jason P wrote:
    KK171821 wrote:
    no doubt, im expecting slush if theyre even running at all... i saw those places, theyre all plenty close. ever been to any?
    Crystal has the best runs. Baker gets the most snow. Snoqualmie was nice for conveniance and they had night runs open

perfect...thanks. Im gonna keep an eye as it gets closer, hope for cold and snow
  • Stevens Pass 1:45 drive from Seattle.

http://www.stevenspass.com/site
  • Stevens is your best bet for the closest and best quality of snow. It can potentially be really good in the 1st week of December. If we have a good base by the week before Thanksgiving, I'd bring your board.
    NERDS!
  • Stevens is your best bet for the closest and best quality of snow. It can potentially be really good in the 1st week of December. If we have a good base by the week before Thanksgiving, I'd bring your board.

that's what I wanna hear...thanks SoS - coming in on the 3rd, gives me a couple days if ma nature permits.
  • KK171821 wrote:
    Stevens is your best bet for the closest and best quality of snow. It can potentially be really good in the 1st week of December. If we have a good base by the week before Thanksgiving, I'd bring your board.

that's what I wanna hear...thanks SoS - coming in on the 3rd, gives me a couple days if ma nature permits.
    I'm hoping for a good winter. Last year was pretty good, the ones before that were not so good.
    NERDS!
  • east coast had it good in '09 and '10... back to shit the last couple. im in PA, not many options here, I spend alota time in NY, VT... love VT

Man, snow in seattle that week would make for an amazing 4 days...
  • KK171821 wrote:
    east coast had it good in '09 and '10... back to shit the last couple. im in PA, not many options here, I spend alota time in NY, VT... love VT

Man, snow in seattle that week would make for an amazing 4 days...
    Yep, and if it dumps, we can go on Saturday!
    NERDS!
  • I like where your head's at SoS.....