Options

So I lost 70 lbs this year...

2»

Comments

• Options
    are you training to be a cage fighter?! 155! good work.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Impressive. Congratulations. You must be feeling much lighter.

I also lost 40 pounds within a year, a few years ago. I hope I will never have to do that again. :x
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    CJMST3K wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Oh along with becoming a vegetarian I rode my road bike all up and down State Road 7. Averaging about 30-40 miles a ride. However last week I crashed and snapped off my derailleur. Man that piece of equipment alone was $325. 8 years ago I can just imagine what it costs now. :shock:

One good thing no belly or excess fat....working on strengthening my quads for my knee and tightening my abs, man it's a lot of work.

Peace

Congrats on being coming vegetarian g/p! I've been trying to ride to work a bit, but it's nowhere near the mileage you're doing. Your bike sounds expensive - I think mine cost me all of $325.

JK_Livin wrote:
    Congrats. You lost 70lbs, down to 155 and still have a belly? How is that possible? How tall are you?

I'm 5'8". I recall having a belly in 2000 at 150, so I'm just wondering if I'll always have one to some extent. I've heard that you can't focus burning fat from a specific spot (like if I did situps, I would just build muscle under the belly).

Yeah I turned it into a very expensive road racing bike. I bought the bike 10 years ago and changed out all the major components piece by piece. Which totaled out to be a $4200 bike and light as a feather. One disappointment living here In southern Florida, its completely flat and on my rides I just die for any overpass or bridge. That's the ONLY inclines down here but the heat/humidity and vicious crosswinds can many ride a challenge. I'm comparing that to living in Boston and in Maryland where the roads curve and incline up hills and mountains.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    congrats!

I lost 35 by doing P90x, and have managed to keep it off for the last year (even though I stopped working out to 'maintain' for the last few months). Still eat clean, but man, I miss working out!

Did you increase your protein intake at all? That helped me lose weight the fastest.

Still would love to lose another 15-20 lbs...because that's sitting on my gut. The belly is the last to go... :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    I cannot and will not push a vegetarian diet on anyone, nor will ever be a fanatic about telling people what and what not to eat.

I can however share my personal experience.

Having grown up and lived my life in the United States I was programmed at an early age that more is better. A meal was not a meal without meat or meats. I lived that way for 40 years, oblivious to the health issues, ignoring the signs, ignoring the explosion of Heart Disease, Obesity, High Blood Pressure, and Cancer in my lifetime.

I was in my late 30's working a highly stressful corporate job when I had a heart attack. Had a Stent implanted, prescribed lots of Drugs was sent me on my way. I faded back into my old life after doctors basically told me it was no big deal...normal..take the meds. I changed nothing... fast forward 5 years. I start having fatigue issues.. go to the heart doctor and the next thing I know I'm having bypass surgery... after double bypass surgery and more drugs my heart function (LVEF) was 32%...a year passes I get worse LVEF dropping into the 20's...

Doctors basically told me nothing could be done .. my issue was non operable...take more MEDS... get your affairs in order!

So what to do? I read, read ,read, researched.... I began to learn about food for the first time. I stopped eating red meat and saturated fats... that soon turned to all beef, chicken and pork products.

Let me cut to the chase.. When all my medical issues began I weighed 250 lbs and my heart function had dropped to 26... After 2 years of not eating animal products and cutting out as much processed food as possible I now weigh 164 lbs (as of this morning...lol) and my heart function has INCREASED to 37! My Cardiologist was shocked..ran the tests twice.. then was double shocked when I told him I threw the meds away months ago..

What makes me laugh the most? Not one doctor I ever saw, over several years has never once discussed diet, other than salt intake. They have been trained to treat the symptoms and not the cause..sadly that all revolves around profit in the US.

I honestly believe education on food and becoming a vegetarian saved my life....

NOW IF I WOULD HAVE JUST WON TICKETS TO THE FIRST AMSTERDAM SHOW I'D BE HAPPIER ;) ..... COME ON SHOW #2

Michael
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh