Options

Question of Poster Purchasing....

Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Is it a one poster per person limit or is it more? I'm thinking of having my friend buy our posters then hand all the merch to me so I can go put it in the car or vice versa. That's what experts told me on the Merch Thread I started. JW whether there was a limit to poster buying. If it's 1 per than we'd both have to go iin I guess.
2005: Borgata 2, Philly
2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
2012: Made in America
2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
2015: Global Citizens
2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    bump this....... i need to know also
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    used to be one per person but i don't know. i couldn't even sniff a poster at the Chicago shows. sold out in like 5 minutes. kind of ridiculous.. F U poster scalpers!
    there's already 20 night 2's up on ebay.

:(
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Another question.....

Do venues generally allow you to bring in an empty poster tube? I'm tired of trying to protect my poster with my life during the show.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    brainofcbrainofc Posts: 60
    No poster tube into the show, pjs security will personally take it away from you. There are signs at the venues that say poster limit one per person. Weather or not those are actually enforced im not sure, but there are definatly ways to get around it.

Hopefully that spreads some insight
  • Options
    gmcabralgmcabral Posts: 50
    brainofc wrote:
    No poster tube into the show, pjs security will personally take it away from you. There are signs at the venues that say poster limit one per person. Weather or not those are actually enforced im not sure, but there are definatly ways to get around it.

Hopefully that spreads some insight

damn.. i was gonna try and bring a tube in too.. have no clue how i'm gonna protect my posters at the SF shows with them being GA. i want to be up front too.. DAMMIT!
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,767
    *This advice is intended on you guys playing fair and not becoming eBay whores yourselves*

Bought posters both Chicago nights, here's what I recommend:

- If you want one, get there when doors open. Never later. If a merch stand is sold out, check the upper-level stadium merch stands, as less people go directly to them.
    - Limits were imposed as 1 per person, but if you have a friend standing next to you that isn't interested, you can still point to them and say you're getting one for them.
    - Poster tubes aren't allowed (although some people still got in with them). Best bet is to get plastic bags from the merch people and get a rubberband or two. During the show just sit it on your seat, because you better be standing the whole show.
  • Options
    gforce33gforce33 Posts: 24
    I attended both nights in Chicago and they carefully enforced the one per person rule - if you wanted a second the other person buying needed to be standing right there with you. I still wish the 10C would consider allowing people to buy posters when they pick up their tickets - although United Center employees were handing out tickets Tuesday and Wed and they likely wouldn't want to deal with that. I would also love to see a poster only stand away from the rest of the merch just to make things go a little quicker and to separate the poster buyers from the other merch buyers.