Slash Octave Fuzz Pedal - $150 slashed to $50? Sweet.

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited October 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
At GuitarCenter today buying a TC Electonic Ditto looper pedal, which the lady said they were selling like hotcakes, lol ...

and I see this (youtube clip), the MXR Slash Octave-Fuzz pedal for ... $49 ???

After checking out, I turned around and walked back (having wanted a octave pedal since i started playing guitar but somehow never having owned one) and asked her, "hey you ever fuck around on that Slash octavefuzz?"

Her response was basically, she hadn't, but it used to be $140 and was onsale for $49 so it probably wasn't very good.

I'm checking out the youtube clips and it seems pretty fucking badass.
Biggest complaint is inability to use fuzz without the octave,
which is fine for me, cuz i look at the fuzz as bonus.

Whats the deal here?
All analog, true bypass, MXR pedal ... got Slash's name on it (thats a plus still, right? lol) ...
why is it being pulled and reduced?

I'm fixing to walk back in there and grab this sucker.
Wallet be damned of another dent in it.
:D
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,740
    Sounds like a good deal. Any other favorite fuzz tone boxes? I knew a guy in high school who built these killer home made fuzz tone stop boxes. I bought one and it looked fairly simple inside. Wish I'd kept it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• looks like they go for $65 to $70 normally. if you dig it, then go for it.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/