Options

Boston Poster fiasco

nycnptnycnpt Posts: 71
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Ok, so I went to Boston 1 and went in at 7:30 and all of the posters were sold out. Hey you snooze you loose I guess. BUT........... I talked to a girl who had 7 (fucking seven) posters. She showed up at 6:30 an bought them. I asked to buy one from her and she told me $200 each because she was going to sell them on ebay. That is bullshit! She also wasn't in the 10C

I wish that 10C would offer us this limited edition stuff when we pick up our tickets so these scumbags couldn't take advantage of real fans.

I also saw MANY people who had 2 or 3 each. Lame, just lame.

There I feel better. Now I'm done bitching.
96- Ed in Pvd, NYC 1, Hartford, Ft Lauderdale
98- Hartford, BOS 1&2 00- Bos 1&2
03- BOS 1,2&3, NYC 1 - 04- BOS 1 &2
05 - Borgotta 1&2
06 - Albany, CT, BOS 1&2, NYC 1&2, Vegas
08- MSG I & II - EV Solo NYC 1&2
10- BOS, MSG2
11- Ed PVD, NYC1

And a ton more. 80 something.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    nycnpt wrote:
    Ok, so I went to Boston 1 and went in at 7:30 and all of the posters were sold out. Hey you snooze you loose I guess. BUT........... I talked to a girl who had 7 (fucking seven) posters. She showed up at 6:30 an bought them. I asked to buy one from her and she told me $200 each because she was going to sell them on ebay. That is bullshit! She also wasn't in the 10C

I wish that 10C would offer us this limited edition stuff when we pick up our tickets so these scumbags couldn't take advantage of real fans.

That really sucks! What a bitch

Im not surprised though, it seems that this is going on at every venue, because everyday right after the concert I see tons of posters come up on Ebay and people banking from the sale of them...

The really blows!
    I too think that when you buy tickets through the 10C they should give you the option to buy a poster and then mail it, I would gladly pay the extra money for the shipping if I dont have to worry about having to deal with people picking up ridiculous amounts of posters only to make money off of them.

:(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,194
    Hey, I think I saw that scumbag's posters on ebay... theres like 8 postings for the boston poster already, looks like by the same person
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    yea....that sucks....heres a little tip to anyone tommorow night....I dont collect the posters so I will share....If you get there when they first let people in everyone runs to the first stand they see at the loge to buy posters....be smart and head straight for the balcony stand...They will have plenty of posters and no lines
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • Options
    onawaveonawave Posts: 19
    I thought there was usually a limit on how many posters you could buy, like one or two per person. Seems it should be that way.
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    onawave wrote:
    I thought there was usually a limit on how many posters you could buy, like one or two per person. Seems it should be that way.

sometimes the people working behind the merch booth can be lax with this policy (1 poster per customer). also, the buyer can run to different booths and keep buying up posters.
    if you really want a poster, be there in line as soon as they open up. other than that, ...good luck.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    7 auctions on eBay rigt now, all from fluffysquirell ( maybe its the same girl )
    unfortuantely, no image- i have heard this poster looks sick! a giant whale with the fisherman inside his mouth, blue and purple.

id sure love to see an image of this poster,....the 7 auctions on eBay have no images.

and about the concession personel- some of them horde the posters also- they know they can flip them over on eBay ( prime example- MSG 03 - concession people horded many of them )
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    Reno1979Reno1979 Posts: 91
    Same thing in Detroit... I saw a kid with a BUNDLE wrapped up walking around. My girlfriend asked him if they were the show poster or the $5 tour poster and he said... "Dude, these are worth a TON of money". Lame.
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    The guy in front of me in Cleveland bought 10 posters... the 1 per person rule is definitely not being enforced.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    The guy in front of me in Cleveland bought 10 posters... the 1 per person rule is definitely not being enforced.

Same here. I really wish the 10C would crack down on this. When you ask the vendors "What happened to the one per person rule?" they just kind of stare you with the DIHL look.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    That is one sweet poster!!!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    oxypoetoxypoet Posts: 55
    Everyone pissed off at that girl should set up new eBay accounts and then bid up her posters, win the auctions, and then not pay. I know that's totally unethical and juvenile, but imagine how good that would feel!

Seriously, if posters were just made available to club members, and not at the venue, but through the mail, they could seriously curtail this rampant profiteering. Like someone said earlier, the cost of shipping and handling is worth not having to worry about your poster getting smushed during the show.
    7/9/03, MSG II
    5/4/06, Letterman Aftershow
    6/1/06, East Rutherford
    6/3/06, East Rutherford
    6/25/08, MSG II
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    oxypoet wrote:
    Everyone pissed off at that girl should set up new eBay accounts and then bid up her posters, win the auctions, and then not pay. I know that's totally unethical and juvenile, but imagine how good that would feel!

Seriously, if posters were just made available to club members, and not at the venue, but through the mail, they could seriously curtail this rampant profiteering. Like someone said earlier, the cost of shipping and handling is worth not having to worry about your poster getting smushed during the show.

Agreed. I think they should still be available at the venue, but you should also be able to order them through the mail.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    oxypoet wrote:

Agreed. I think they should still be available at the venue, but you should also be able to order them through the mail.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    7 auctions on eBay rigt now, all from fluffysquirell ( maybe its the same girl )
    unfortuantely,

shoot the fluffysquirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    I really, really hate this

I don't collect posters but I like to buy them for the shows I attend. They are momentos for me.

I was not aware there was a limit on the number of posters you could buy. If so it's news to me (wouldn't be the first time).

I think this is something we've been requesting for some time but has never been put in place. I think it should be.

This is crap.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    doughdough Posts: 8
    I hate to add to the board bitching but I was at Boston last night and saw the same thing. Many were allowed to buy more than one poster. It's getting out of hand. I was talking with someone who had a poster and he was actually complaining that it wasn't s/n'd. I wanted to throw up on his poster and then hit him over the head with it.
  • Options
    What do the posters cost at the shows?
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    nycnpt wrote:

i have a friend who works security at the fleet and he tried to buy me some posters at like 6pm but they wouldn't sell to him

and this girl gets 7?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    What do the posters cost at the shows?

I think its like 25 bucks a piece.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    BigballsBigballs Posts: 44
    belfast1 wrote:
    shoot the fluffysquirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, this loser had seven auctions up before the show was even over. Fuck you Fluffy
    Broken Heart don't feel so bad, ain't got half of what you thought you had".
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    stop paying ridiculous prices for these things, and these ebay fuckers will stop hoarding them.

$100+ for a piece of paper that has some crappy art and the date of a show you were at??? its a cool collectible for $25, but have some control.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    someone should have done something to those posters. dump a beer on them by "accident" I will do that to anyone I see who has a shitload of posters like this girl supposedly did.

especially if someone tells me theyd sell it to me for $200, Ill rip the fucking things in half right there.
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    I got shut out the second night of Chicago. Both nights actually, but we got in late the first, so that's my fault. This IS sickening. Knowing the market that is out there, you'd think the 10c would be more on top of it. I don't collect either, but love to have the posters from the few shows I can travel to. To get burnt out of that chance is not very cool at all. Totally whack. Capitalism, I know; yada, yada, yada. But this is lame. I was going to buy an extra hoodie to sell, but couldn't bring myself to do it. The profit may have helped cover the ton of jack I dropped on myself at the merch booth, but I just couldn't do it. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    The 7 poster thing is ridiculous...but if you want to make sure you get a poster, get there as doors open. That's really the only way to make sure you get one.
  • Options
    BigballsBigballs Posts: 44
    lowlight10 wrote:
    stop paying ridiculous prices for these things, and these ebay fuckers will stop hoarding them.

$100+ for a piece of paper that has some crappy art and the date of a show you were at??? its a cool collectible for $25, but have some control.

I hear ya Bro. I won't pay those prices but it's a little frustrating being a 10C member and spending crazy amount of cash to travel / attend shows and not being able to score a poster because of these assholes (even showing up an hour early and theiir wipped out)
    Broken Heart don't feel so bad, ain't got half of what you thought you had".
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ( prime example- MSG 03 - concession people horded many of them )

That is so true!!

I was let in early to the MSG the second night cause my foot was broken and the security lady felt bad, and thought I would get a poster before everyone got to get in.. well WRONG!! I got into the elevator and some idiot usher guy was holding 3 posters.. oh man! I was so heated... !

Im thankful I got it later through the 10c though, but it was a bummer that night (until a drank like 5 beers in row and forgot for a few hours.. lol)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    The poster costs $25 inside... To get one I have to line up early at the door before it opens, hustle to a merch stand when the doors open and fight with the other collectors to get the attendant to sell me one... Now I have my poster and I'm in the venue over 2 hours early buying overpriced food and the beverages of my choice... Then I have to protect the poster from all of the assorted hazards we all know are in there at a PJ concert, the drunken fools, the jealous types pissed they didn't get one, the spilled food and beer, the bumps and grinds getting out after the show... Plus miss out on the tailgating or partying at a local pub...

So now my 2nd option is to pay what, 60 or so bucks more for some little wench to do all that work for me and then mail it to my home, while I enjoy myself with no worries...

Seems like a bargain to me...

Another thought... I only buy the posters I like... So now I run up there early and I don't like the poster... Now I'm stuck with the overpriced food and beer and I didn't even like/buy the damn thing...

The moral of the story is where there's a market, there will be people willing to do the work to provide the supply and make a little extra scratch... Don't begrudge them...

If you want to really cure the problem... One poster per person... Punch a hole in the ticket stub and mark their hands with a sharpie... Very easy cure...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    I think its like 25 bucks a piece.

Holy Shit!! I was gonna get a poster instead of a T-shirt because I thought it would be a lot cheaper.

Guess I'm getting the shirt now.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    I think there needs to be a limit ENFORCED. And I liked the idea of spilling on someone with 7 posters.(I realize the maturity)