My Church rig

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited October 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
I don't play much, anymore. It's rough. I've lost a lot of drive/inspiration. But when I do, it's with my church's praise band. I also play with the youth praise band and help mentor some of the kids. I love that aspect. Anyway, I've had to slim my rig down (if any of you know my regular rig, you know it's insanely big---pedal wise). For church, here's what I'm running.

Guitar(s):
It's usually whatever I feel like bringing or is closest to my bunker gear(I have to bring that everywhere). The Epi LP-100 (I love this because it's light!), Fender strat (same mods as always), Epi SG G-400, JBL Tele copy (from the fiance's dad).

Amp:
Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals:
Digitech XD Digi delay (I like this more than the BOSS pedals)
Ibanez TS5 Tube Screamer (moded switch)
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BBE Soulvibe
BOSS TU2 Tuner

Sometimes I'll bring my DOD FX64 Ice Box Chorus and Ernie Ball VPjr.

I'm able to solo on stuff. I don't read music well so I usually add fills. During practices I usually jam on some "non-traditional" church songs (Last week was Crazy Train, War Pigs, Bulls On Parade, Guerrilla Radio) as well as some PJ stuff. The drummer loves jamming on Little Wing. It's pretty cool because John Chamberlin (from the band "Sweet Maya") also plays with us and is one of my mentors. It's also pretty cool to see the reactions of some of the other members when I plays licks from "Barracuda", "Edge of Seventeen", "Rockin in the Free World", or something else they recognize from growing up. Anyway, this is my "simplified" rig.
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy

Comments

• Sorry for the double post.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy