Options

Driving from Portland to Spokane and Seattle

Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
edited October 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
My friend and I will arrive to Seattle airport 11/29 at 12pm, we'll take a rental car and drive directly to the Portland show, how long are customs procedures in Seattle will they take long? do you think that we have time enough to arrive the pre-party? :)

The next day we'll wake up early in the morning to go to Spokane cause we have GA tickets. And the day after we'll go to Seattle for some tourism. Do you think that all the roads will be ok without snow for those days? We do not know if it snow in that area at that time of the year.

Thanks!
Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I'm not sure about customs but the weather shouldn't be bad at all between Seattle and Portland. It will probably be just rain because we rarely have snow that early in the season. The drive is about 2 1/2-3 hours.

Portland to Spokane could be snowy or icy but not the whole way. Only in one point at about an hour or so into the drive. The full drive takes around 5-6 hours.
  • Options
    But snow chains could be neede at that time of the year?
    And what about from Spokane to Seattle?

Thanks for you answer!
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    we're driving too (portland-spokane), I don't think we'll need to get snow chains.

customs & immigration times depend on how busy the airport is at that time, so hard to say. I've never waited longer than 45 mins I think, but it takes a while til they question & fingerprint you. ;) be sure to get the esta authorization before you leave.
  • Options
    My question about customs was because I do not know if they are faster than in NY or Chicago, I think Seattle does not really seem a tourist city for foreigns as it could be NY or Chicago. Hope there are not many foreigns that day at customs, we would like to arrive to the preparty :D
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    Ince.es wrote:
    But snow chains could be neede at that time of the year?
    And what about from Spokane to Seattle?

Thanks for you answer!

It's possible you'd need chains but not likely. We can watch the weather and see what is coming up. Hit me up in a private message or here as we get closer and I can tell you if it's looking bad or not.

We're only taking chains if we think we'll need them.

Spokane to Seattle could be a different story. You are driving over mountain passes and it could be snowy. Again, we can watch that as we get closer.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll ask you the days before...