Options

MSG 08 Crew

Comments

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Updated and finally sorted out my hotel :D

Meant to ask those who have been to see PJ in MSG, do people sit down on the floor during the gig or do they get up and go mental???
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Come on people this is meant to be a CHAT FORUM where we converse about shit and the upcoming PJ gig...keep the dream alive people :D

:cool:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    Irish Al wrote:
    Come on people this is meant to be a CHAT FORUM where we converse about shit and the upcoming PJ gig...keep the dream alive people :D

:cool:

they just don't seem to get it... maybe they need to cast their eyes over the london and dublin crews...

oh, and where are you staying al?
    somewhere nice and romantic so you and the mrs get the jiggy on??
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    triangleman12triangleman12 Posts: 193
    I'll be there both nights. Night 2 is my birthday! Any chance of Ed singing Happy Birthday to me??? I will settle for Alone or Indifference :)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Irish Al wrote:

Meant to ask those who have been to see PJ in MSG, do people sit down on the floor during the gig or do they get up and go mental???
    from what I understand people don't seat down, at least not in the 10c section.

but they can do whatever they want, there is NOTHING on earth that'll make me sit down during a PJ concert :eek: ...not even tying me to the chair!
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    from what I understand people don't seat down, at least not in the 10c section.

but they can do whatever they want, there is NOTHING on earth that'll make me sit down during a PJ concert :eek: ...not even tying me to the chair!

we could cut off your legs :eek:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    we could cut off your legs :eek:
    I still wouldn't be SITTING down ;)
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Irish Al wrote:

On the Live at the Garden DVD it doesn't look as if anyone is sitting down at all.

It'll be nice to have the seats to sit in before the band appear. New York is hard enough on the feet without having to spend the whole night standing.

We're getting so excited about this trip now. I was looking through all our guidebooks the other night and our hotel is listed as the best value for money in midtown :) I know you don't go to NYC to sit in your hotel but a good nights sleep is essential :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    I'll be going to both nights. Driving down from Ontario.
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    i'll be there!
    right behind the stage on night 2
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    Add me and the missus to the list. Coming over from England for both shows!! Can't wait.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    thank fuck for that...I thought people were gonna sit the whole way through and I'd have to listen to them shouting at me to sit the fuck down ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    thank fuck for that...I thought people were gonna sit the whole way through and I'd have to listen to them shouting at me to sit the fuck down ;)
    I've had that problem the 2 times I went to the Royal Albert Hall (the 3rd time, for REM, I made sure I had seats with no-one to bother behind :p)

I'm avoiding seated shows like the plague because of that, I simply HATE seating down (I will rather not go to a show if I can't get GA tickets)..I just managed it for EV shows, but was on my feet the first chord of Porch!!

I guess in the US since they have mostly seated shows, people stand more, where here the seated shows are only 'quiet' or old audience ones, and people getting seats at regular ones are WANTING to seat :rolleyes:... so it's lose-lose situation: you rather spend the whole show being miserable or you annoy the hell out of everyone behind (well, fuck'em, it's rock'n roll, you're not meant to sit down!..still, not fun :()
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I've had that problem the 2 times I went to the Royal Albert Hall (the 3rd time, for REM, I made sure I had seats with no-one to bother behind )

I'm avoiding seated shows like the plague because of that, I simply HATE seating down (I will rather not go to a show if I can't get GA tickets)..I just managed it for EV shows, but was on my feet the first chord of Porch!!

I guess in the US since they have mostly seated shows, people stand more, where here the seated shows are only 'quiet' or old audience ones, and people getting seats at regular ones are WANTING to seat :rolleyes:... so it's lose-lose situation: you rather spend the whole show being miserable or you annoy the hell out of everyone behind (well, fuck'em, it's rock'n roll, you're not meant to sit down!..still, not fun :()

Well said my friend, well said :D

You're spot on, over here people choose to sit down, and in fairness there have been times when I've gone to a show with people who had to sit and people standing in front of us did get a bit of and Al ass-whipping...maybe it was you ;)

Anyway MSG CREW will be standing to attention :D

When you heading over?
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Pegasus wrote:

I don't think that's entirely true.

Given the choice I will always buy a seated ticket as I like to be able to sit down until the band come on and then stand up, which is what you find happens at most venues. If the people behind me don't stand then I will stay seated, it's a gamble I'm willing to take. It's never ruined my enjoyment of a gig, a band will not play better just cos I'm standing up.

I'd much rather sit than have a GA ticket as I don't get any enjoyment of being down the front at gigs anymore and not being a giraffe, I find it difficult to see sometimes if I'm further back in the standing sections.

At the same time though, I won't not go to an all standing show if I want to see the band.

I should point out that the only venue i ever really go to which has seats is the Cardiff Arena which only has about 3 rows of seats around the edges anyway, some bits only have 2 so theres a good chance the people behind you will be stood up too. Plus the seats are always half empty as if you have seated ticket you can still go into the standing section but not vice versa.....it's a win win situation at that venue really.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    good thing about having a seat is that you don't have the quandry of queue up or stay in the pub...! :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Irish Al wrote:
    Anyway MSG CREW will be standing to attention :D

Al - no way anyone on the floor is sitting down. no way.

Only time I ever saw anyone sit during a PJ show was 7/11/03 when Ed told the crowd to sit down because 'it's gonna be a long one'. But that was it.

Pints!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i want to see some figures on percentage of the ten club at each show! i forget which show in 03 @ msg it was, but he thanked the members for there continued support or something saying that night had the most members. i think it was the second night though i am not sure.
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    good thing about having a seat is that you don't have the quandry of queue up or stay in the pub...! :D

but we need to get posters ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Al - no way anyone on the floor is sitting down. no way.

Only time I ever saw anyone sit during a PJ show was 7/11/03 when Ed told the crowd to sit down because 'it's gonna be a long one'. But that was it.

Pints!

Good stuff steve

This is gonna be me...just look out for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHVzkUK41yI
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I've been in hiding! :o:p

But I'll be there both nights! Crazy girl from Cali! :eek:
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I will be there both nights! Fuckin pumped!
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    So whats going on then! When are the pints happening?! :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    So whats going on then! When are the pints happening?! :D

oh, there will be pints!
    all of us are coming from DC, and due into town at about 3pm on the monday afternoon i think!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    oh, there will be pints!
    all of us are coming from DC, and due into town at about 3pm on the monday afternoon i think!

All of you?! All 30 odd thousand people or however many can fit in MSG?! :p guess I'll be left dossin around NY that week on me own so :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    All of you?! All 30 odd thousand people or however many can fit in MSG?! :p guess I'll be left dossin around NY that week on me own so :D

come to DC ;)
    sorry, it seems like we are spending all our time convincing the irish to come to DC, between you and Hitch-Hiker, and Heineken Helen! ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    both nights for me.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    come to DC ;)
    sorry, it seems like we are spending all our time convincing the irish to come to DC, between you and Hitch-Hiker, and Heineken Helen! ;)

I've haven't been asked once to go to DC :( :p Anywho, I wanna do all the tourist things in NY - no point going all that way and not seeing any of it!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Updated

THIS TIME NEXT MONTH I'LL BE IN NYC BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and I wasn't invited to DC either jen...wankers :p
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    88keys88keys Posts: 151
    I'll be there with my wife!
    We're from Queens, NY.
    Camden 8/28/1998; Jones Beach 8/24/2000; Camden 9/1/2000; Camden 9/2/2000; Albany 4/29/2003; New York 7/8/2003; Vancouver 9/2/2005; Atlantic City 10/1/2005; Albany 5/12/2006; E. Rutherford 6/1/2006; E. Rutherford 6/3/2006; New York 6/24/2008; New York 6/25/2008; New York 5/20/2010