Save the ocean

pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
edited June 2018 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    He's really not that funny. Just stop watching.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    He isn't funny.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    mca47 wrote:
    He isn't funny.
    You're right. But His comedy albums were great.

Fucking hilarious.
  • I'll admit – I'm a total fan of Sandler. Most of his movies are there to make money, but I like his more serious films like Punch-Drunk Love (one of my all time favorites) and Reign Over Me were awesome. He was really good in Spanglish, as well.

I hated Funny People, though. I totally got that it was a drama, not a comedy – I just felt horrible after watching it.

I am going to loose all cred when I admit that I like 50 First Dates. Bring on the hate!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Happy Gilmore is funny as fuck
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I am going to loose all cred when I admit that I like 50 First Dates. Bring on the hate!

I actually saw it for the first time the other day, and didn't think it was that bad. At least not as bad as it looks on paper and in commercials, but I didn't mind it so much. It's certainly 10X better than Little Nicky or Mr. Deeds.

Adam has just been so uneven since the start of the 2000's. He could do no wrong in the 90's, but starting with Little Nicky in 2000 he began to make some very questionable choices. Some have been good, but many of them have been unbelievably stupid.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"

I actually saw it for the first time the other day, and didn't think it was that bad. At least not as bad as it looks on paper and in commercials, but I didn't mind it so much. It's certainly 10X better than Little Nicky or Mr. Deeds.

Adam has just been so uneven since the start of the 2000's. He could do no wrong in the 90's, but starting with Little Nicky in 2000 he began to make some very questionable choices. Some have been good, but many of them have been unbelievably stupid.

Is Little Nicky the one where the guy has a boob on his head?

Is Little Nicky the one where the guy has a boob on his head?

Yes, it was Kevin Nealon.

kevin-nealon-gatekeeper-new-lines-little-nicky-148328.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    He was very hit or miss.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

Yes, it was Kevin Nealon.

kevin-nealon-gatekeeper-new-lines-little-nicky-148328.jpg

Oh, a full rack :lol:
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Somewhere around Big Daddy and Deeds he really lost it and jumped over that edge of too family friendly.

Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are classic as are his first few albums.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore are alright. Everything else has been garbage.
  • Little Nicky was his first bad movie.

Regardless of his films, I enjoy every interview he ever gives. He is a naturally funny guy. He was hilarious when he stepped in for David Letterman back in 2007. The point in which he brought in his dog was the highlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_4GtkD4H5I
    DewieCox wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

No love for The Wedding Singer?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    DewieCox wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, that's a good one too. And Bulletproof was another that was pretty solid

"Get outta my Van Halen t shirt before you jinx the band and they break up."
    DewieCox wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, that's a good one too. And Bulletproof was another that was pretty solid

"Get outta my Van Halen t shirt before you jinx the band and they break up."

I didn't know anybody else saw that movie. I actually saw it in the theater by mistake. My friend and I were really high and walked into the wrong theater, and we just stayed. Mainly because nobody else was in the theater. That was the last I had seen or heard of it.