Options

It just hurts....

2»

Comments

• Options
    EarlWelsh wrote:
    Does it still hurt, bro? Just checking in on you.

Ahh man woke up this morning to sirens ..uh I mean my alarm and it still hurts.....

like how when I was in the 7th grade when my mojo was stolen by Tom Brady. I was away on a camping trip with my Dad and my older sis decided to have a house party while we were out and Tom Brady helped himself to a new lady friend on my bed. Damn you Tom Brady!!!

Really tho....
    I don't get why it's not ok for some of us 10 c to express how we are feelin when things just aint right. I just dont want this band that has meant so much to me over the years turn into other bands like ..i don't know Aerosmith and write really bland bad ballads. I'm not into negativity at all. I know a lot of that is posted here but I'm really just trying to express some distress. That aside I'm still looking forward to this album and more Pearl Jam for a long time.

I don't need a 10 album again. I don't want a Vs. again.

Just want to hear passionate creative music and in my opinion this song smacks of country cross over fluff which sucks to hear from pearl jam because never thought I would. I love their softer beautiful music. I love it. But Sirens to me lacks all of what makes great music...Just my opinion
    It's Evolution Baby!!!!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,651
    Damn. Last Kiss mustve damn near put you in therapy if Sirens is depressing you so much
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Damn. Last Kiss mustve damn near put you in therapy if Sirens is depressing you so much

Oh whatever man. Last Kiss was a cover. Last Kiss wasn't the second single from an album many of us have been waiting for a while now. And yeah Sirens and Last Kiss ...not a fan
    It's Evolution Baby!!!!
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:

Oh whatever man. Last Kiss was a cover. Last Kiss wasn't the second single from an album many of us have been waiting for a while now. And yeah Sirens and Last Kiss ...not a fan

Ya but Just Breathe was the second single from their most recent album, so you shouldn't be overly surprised by Sirens. By the way, I think the forum would be a really boring place without some varying opinions, but if you say you don't like a Pearl Jam song on a Pearl Jam Forum you have to expect some push back, no?
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:

Ya but Just Breathe was the second single from their most recent album, so you shouldn't be overly surprised by Sirens. By the way, I think the forum would be a really boring place without some varying opinions, but if you say you don't like a Pearl Jam song on a Pearl Jam Forum you have to expect some push back, no?

Oh for sure. Yeah you are totally right should expect push back and welcome it but like Eddie said "I think I'm gonna make Pearl Jam a religion and the first commandment is DONT BE AN ASSHOLE." Little polite fun discourse and how about a little humor...anyways..

As far as Just Breathe though...I really love that song and again have sirens as totally something else. To me Just Breathe was beautiful, sincere and musically a lot more interesting in the vain of Eddie's into the wild stuff which I dig and was not ballad like at all ( and just gotta say man how Sirens can be compared to black by anybody is beyond me). I feel like the topic of Sirens is obviously very touching for us all as it speaks to our very human experience but to me that does not make it a good song. I like many of their slower mid temp songs and like lone road ... off he goes however Sirens to me is so over the top ballady with wanky sound production- bland guitar and drums vocals and guitar reverb effects that smack of insincerity ... which I have never thought about any of this band's music ..it's just disappointing for me
    It's Evolution Baby!!!!
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,102
    EarlWelsh wrote:

Ahh man woke up this morning to sirens ..uh I mean my alarm and it still hurts.....

like how when I was in the 7th grade when my mojo was stolen by Tom Brady. I was away on a camping trip with my Dad and my older sis decided to have a house party while we were out and Tom Brady helped himself to a new lady friend on my bed. Damn you Tom Brady!!!

Really tho....
    I don't get why it's not ok for some of us 10 c to express how we are feelin when things just aint right. I just dont want this band that has meant so much to me over the years turn into other bands like ..i don't know Aerosmith and write really bland bad ballads. I'm not into negativity at all. I know a lot of that is posted here but I'm really just trying to express some distress. That aside I'm still looking forward to this album and more Pearl Jam for a long time.

Just want to hear passionate creative music and in my opinion this song smacks of country cross over fluff which sucks to hear from pearl jam because never thought I would. I love their softer beautiful music. I love it. But Sirens to me lacks all of what makes great music...Just my opinion

That first part about Tom Brady made me chuckle. I wouldn't get too upset about Sirens. I personally didn't care much for it when I first heard it, still not my favorite, but it's growing on me. I think it's a little fluffy, sure, but much better than the fluffiest of fluffy shit on Backspacer. My guess is it'll be the only song of its kind on the record and that there may be plenty for you to enjoy. It's okay to not like Sirens. Saying your hurt by it sounds a tad strange but whatever. I hope you find more to love on the new album.
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,102
    EarlWelsh wrote:

Really tho....

P.S.- I hope you destroyed that bed.
  • Options
    EarlWelsh wrote:
    EarlWelsh wrote:

Really tho....

P.S.- I hope you destroyed that bed.

I would have used it to my advantage...Hey Ladies, Tom Brady slept in this bed ;)
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 407
    If I understand this thread correctly, Will Clark had a racist party listening to Sirens while Tom Brady shagged some 7th grader after hearing Last Kiss while Bill lied about Monica.

Now that that's straight, we can proceed.
  • Options
    Listen to it one more time.

One. More. Time.

Preferably in headphones, eyes closed, without interruptions or distractions. Remember, while you listen, that this is YOUR band. They're on YOUR team, they've been on your side since as long as you can remember. You've let their music interweave through your life, they've gotten you through good times and bad. These are your guys, they are still here. This song is for you. If at all possible, read along with the lyrics. Give the song just one last chance.

If you don't have your epiphany as soon as Mike gives his solo, then walk away.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    PJ1973 wrote:
    If I understand this thread correctly, Will Clark had a racist party listening to Sirens while Tom Brady shagged some 7th grader after hearing Last Kiss while Bill lied about Monica.

Seriously, there is some heavy duty slander going on here, wtf?

You know what, I used to believe in and like people before the Internet.

I don't know who raised some of you, certainly not my folks.
  • Options
    The production on the studio version made the song worse than it is. The version in the video is way better. Still, a bit of a snooze.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,651
    To me Sirens is a companion piece to Just Breathe. Same idea really. Very nice song about perception.
  • Options
    Will Clark does NOT approve of this thread. :evil:
  • Options
    PJ1973 wrote:

ha!!!!!
    It's Evolution Baby!!!!