iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c and ios7

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone get the new iPhone? Upgrade to ios 7?

I'll have to pass on an upgraded phone this time (using iPhone 5), upgraded to ios 7 ... I like the new flat design overall.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    I'm still rockin my 4s 32gb... I've always gotten an S upgrade so I'm waiting on the 6 hopefully next year. My 4s is in tip top shape

Got the ios7 and it's great, I'm still trying to play around with it to get best battery life, that's the only downfall.

Have it on my iPad 3. As well
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I love iOS 7 for the iPhone. Can't stand it for the iPad.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Wife bought a 5c about 8 hours ago. All day I heard "Fuck, fuck apple...piece of shit"

I grabbed the phone about 10 minutes ago and solved her problems.

I'm :| so far...based off of her interrupting football and PJ day.

I'm good w/ 4S and iOS 6
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I've had no problem with iOS 7 on either the iPad or iPhone ... I think iPhone 5c has the potential to be huge at christmas, especially with the younger people who Im sure will definitely like the option of choosing from different colours.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• I only have one gripe.

When you swipe to answer a phone call while your phone is locked it keeps the number pad up so you face dial the buttons. Super annoying.

Other than that, I love it.
    NERDS!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i like the changes to the camera ... swipe to change from video to photo to panorama ...
  • I've upgraded my iPhone 4S to ios7. Btw, I found out today that there is a FAKE ad that claims by upgrading your iPhone to iOS7, your phone will be waterproofed. And some people actually fell for it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57604 ... scam-dunk/

My reaction to this: :fp:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    $0.99 iphone 4s for the win!!

finally bit the bullet and got a smartphone. glad I waited until the price was right
  • I've upgraded my iPhone 4S to ios7. Btw, I found out today that there is a FAKE ad that claims by upgrading your iPhone to iOS7, your phone will be waterproofed. And some people actually fell for it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57604 ... scam-dunk/

My reaction to this: :fp:

One of my tweets was quoted in this article about the same thing. Made me laugh.

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommuni ... of-ad.html
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • I learned how to use the flashlight today. It'll come in handy for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom, lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I love iOS 7 for the iPhone. Can't stand it for the iPad.
    so what don't you like about it for the ipad?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Not sure what's going on with my icloud after the update but every time I send a text message to my wife, it gets sent to me as well. Kind of annoying.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Not sure what's going on with my icloud after the update but every time I send a text message to my wife, it gets sent to me as well. Kind of annoying.
    Go to settings>iMessage you might have her email address selected.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Bingo. Thank you but why would that kick back to me again?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Bingo. Thank you but why would that kick back to me again?
    Because you don't need a phone number for iMessage and that email address is probably associated with your account as well.
    OK. Thanks again.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • I got a iphone 5 three days ago. I had the iphone 4 before and while it served me well the last two years, I wanted to have a better camera cause I use it quite a lot. The 5s was too expensive this time and the 4s looked too similar to my old phone, so I went with the 5. I dig it. I was happy that the phone hadn't be upgraded to the new os already, because I don't like the flat icons on ios7.
    Is this upgrade necessary and are there options to change the button look back to the 3d-ish look?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I got a iphone 5 three days ago. I had the iphone 4 before and while it served me well the last two years, I wanted to have a better camera cause I use it quite a lot. The 5s was too expensive this time and the 4s looked too similar to my old phone, so I went with the 5. I dig it. I was happy that the phone hadn't be upgraded to the new os already, because I don't like the flat icons on ios7.
    Is this upgrade necessary and are there options to change the button look back to the 3d-ish look?

if you are not a real techy type person and don't like the look of iOS 7 then don't upgrade ... i believe you can go back but its a rather complicated process. At least thats what I have read. Their is no options to change the icons back. Personally I think all upgrades are necessary ... mainly because going forward all apps are going to be created for ios 7.

• lukin2006 wrote:
    I got a iphone 5 three days ago. I had the iphone 4 before and while it served me well the last two years, I wanted to have a better camera cause I use it quite a lot. The 5s was too expensive this time and the 4s looked too similar to my old phone, so I went with the 5. I dig it. I was happy that the phone hadn't be upgraded to the new os already, because I don't like the flat icons on ios7.

if you are not a real techy type person and don't like the look of iOS 7 then don't upgrade ... i believe you can go back but its a rather complicated process. At least thats what I have read. Their is no options to change the icons back. Personally I think all upgrades are necessary ... mainly because going forward all apps are going to be created for ios 7.

Meh. Usually, I do all the upgrades cause I know they are important at times. But this time I'm hesitant cause I really don't like the new look... The transfer of my apps and stuff to the new phone also hasn't worked properly. I backed my old phone up with iTunes cause I wanted to avoid using iCloud. I don't like the thought of my data hanging around somewhere where I don't know where it is :shifty: Well, turned out when you use the iTunes backup, it doesn't transfer the apps, photos. With iCloud it is supposed to work. Boo.
    Meh. Usually, I do all the upgrades cause I know they are important at times. But this time I'm hesitant cause I really don't like the new look... The transfer of my apps and stuff to the new phone also hasn't worked properly. I backed my old phone up with iTunes cause I wanted to avoid using iCloud. I don't like the thought of my data hanging around somewhere where I don't know where it is :shifty: Well, turned out when you use the iTunes backup, it doesn't transfer the apps, photos. With iCloud it is supposed to work. Boo.

if you're using it for the camera - i do suggest the new OS because it makes the camera toggling between video, camera and panorama way easier ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

if you're using it for the camera - i do suggest the new OS because it makes the camera toggling between video, camera and panorama way easier ...

Yeah, I caved in :shifty: I might as well get used to it now, I guess ... I love the panorama function :D Well, and compared to the 4, the camera really is better.
  • ios 7 killed my phone.
    I liked it. loved it actually. And like most things i love - it just went away.
  • ios 7 killed my phone.

What kind of iphone do you have? I read that the new ios doesn't work properly with the iphone 4...
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

finally bit the bullet and got a smartphone. glad I waited until the price was right

I upgraded right away to 7. no point in getting used to the old system.

I have not broken it yet
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I upgraded right away to 7. no point in getting used to the old system.

I have not broken it yet

I read that it doesn't have any probs with the new ios, only the 4 has... I like it better than I thought. And I am amazed at the camera on my iPhone 5 :o
    I read that it doesn't have any probs with the new ios, only the 4 has... I like it better than I thought. And I am amazed at the camera on my iPhone 5 :o

it's also the retina display
  • I only have one gripe.

When you swipe to answer a phone call while your phone is locked it keeps the number pad up so you face dial the buttons. Super annoying.

Other than that, I love it.
    Apparently this issue is fixed as it is no longer staying at the keypad screen.
    NERDS!
  • I have experienced problems with my ticketmaster and livenation app on the new phone (not the NEWEST iPhone, I have the 5). I cannot login. Mailed tm and they said they are aware of the bug and try to fix it. Let's hope I won't have to buy hard-to-get tickets in the meantime :shifty:
  • ios 7 killed my phone.

What kind of iphone do you have? I read that the new ios doesn't work properly with the iphone 4...
    i have the 5. There is a chance my phone was close to death before the upgrade. All is well now though. I really like the new system. Smooooooth
  • Got the 5s in the mail today finally. Ordered it 3-4 weeks ago. Loving it so far...especially the thumbprint thing to unlock the phone.