Options

Anyone else love Supersonic?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    I love Supersonic. It's a fun song. You are allowed to like fun songs you know.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    I like it as it has these lines:
    Yeah I been thinking, I already know
    Nothing bout nothing, or so I have been told
    I�m not the paper, I�m more like the fold
    I cut the crease & put the shit in the whole

This part of the song is aces!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    I love Supersonic. It's a fun song. You are allowed to like fun songs you know.
    I like fun songs, but only when they either don't suck and are interesting (Dirty Frank, Bugs), or suck so much that it adds to the fun (Sweet Lew, Gremmie Out of Control). :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    RiotZact wrote:

I have twice, loved it both times! I honestly think I'm just a sucker for anything Stone rights for PJ, I can't think of any of his songs off the top of my head that I don't like.
    i saw it the first time ever played,and i was like....whats that?
    seems cool that seattle different version,but in general..i dont like it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    My son loves Supersonic because he likes Super Sonic cartoon hahahahahahaha
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Love the song! Was spinning BS yesterday and forgot how awesome it was. Great fun song, love the Music and the solo. My favorite line by far is :

"I'm not the paper, I'm more like the fold
    I cut the crease and put the shit in the hole"

Just awesomeness!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    haters gonna hate,

I think it is great, so glad we got it in Chicago!
  • Options
    its officially the only pj song i will never like

Same here.

Someone posted that Stone wrote it, which must be why the beginning sounds so much like Mankind (which I love, by the way). I wonder if that was intentional, like it's the sequel to Mankind. Even though that still wouldn't make me like Supersonic.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I prefer its more superior cousin, Mankind

it is clearly a cousin of that song and far inferior
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    I have never noticed that the beginning sounds like Mankind's (I also really like Mankind). Gonna have to listen for that. It definitely won't have an effect on how I feel about Super Sonic, but that's kind of interesting.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I have never noticed that the beginning sounds like Mankind's (I also really like Mankind). Gonna have to listen for that. It definitely won't have an effect on how I feel about Super Sonic, but that's kind of interesting.

They sound so similar that I first thought it was a joke. It changes quickly after that though. But of all PJ songs for me, and I like their punk rock songs, this one is near the bottom of the list.
  • Options
    Yeah I Love it! Backspacer is a great album!
  • Options
    Yeah I Love it! Backspacer is a great album!

That I agree with, but not a fan of this particular song. What I think what make BS such a good album is the preciseness (wrong spelling, but too tired to do a spell check). I still think that JB and The End are two interrelated masterpieces. But I am a sucker for stripped down songs and strings, so.... Supersonic always felt a bit out of place here. Like they wanted to include a fast punk rock song near the and to soar the energy of the album, but for some reason - to me at least - this song is simply not that strong. It sounds too familair (Mankind) and the swift, for a lack of a better word. I think it is a tribute to the Ramones, in the same way Olé was.

Supersonic wins over Olé though....
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Love the song! Was spinning BS yesterday and forgot how awesome it was. Great fun song, love the Music and the solo. My favorite line by far is :

Just awesomeness!

I'm going to trust what this dude says ;)8-)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    I love PJ punk songs. This one is just ok for me. Probably my least favorite of this style but still a fun little punk tune.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I like Supersonic, not crazy about it, but I like it, I enjoy listening to it, I heard it live in Buenos Aires 2011 and it was great, I like its strong guitars, its speed, I spun that B-side a lot while waiting for Backspacer...

To those vinyl freaks, the real ones, with still good ear: is there any difference bewteen Supersonic and Supersonic 7? Thanks, javis
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    thefixer9 wrote:

Just awesomeness!

I'm going to trust what this dude says ;)8-)

:wink: Thanks!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    its officially the only pj song i will never like

I hear you, although my list is longer than one song. There is one song that if mentioned, people's heads might explode, so to each his own.
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    Middle of the road for me. I like it, just not my fav.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    there are only 3 songs I don't like on Backspacer: The Fixer, Johnny Guitar and Just Breathe, I would give Supersonic a 7.5 on a scale of 1-10