Trent Richardson (and NFL odds and ends)

Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm shocked at the trade struck between Indy and Cleveland.

It makes sense for both teams, but I also think both teams lost somewhat in the deal: Indy could have likely traded a much lower pick for a guy like Mark Ingram... and Cleveland is cutting their losses for the return they never received on a top 5 pick (Indy's selection in next year's draft will likely be in the 20s).

I wish more trades like this happened though. I can't recall another deal such as this 2 weeks into the season with such a high profile player.
"My brain's a good brain!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• As a Trent Richardson fantasy owner, all I can say is - :clap:8-) :-P

This week will suck, but after that - yeeeha!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It is very rare to see big trades in the NFL, especially during the season.

The Browns should offer a free jersey swap to any fan that bought a Richardson jersey.

I have Bradshaw and Richardson. I love the spike in value Richardson just received, but Bradshaw is now rendered useless.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Browns could have had Julio Jones :lol:

dummies
  • Come to think of it... the Browns have been idiots.

They gave up picks to select Richardson... then later in the draft they selected a 28 year old QB (Weeden) who they know wish to rid themselves of.

Scouting department needs to go.

I have Bradshaw and Richardson. I love the spike in value Richardson just received, but Bradshaw is now rendered useless.

You have to hope Bradshaw gets traded now. I wish the Steelers had signed him :oops:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

You have to hope Bradshaw gets traded now. I wish the Steelers had signed him :oops:

I do hope he gets traded- but the likelihood of that is low. On another note (and sorry to say it)... your Steelers look awful right now. This might be a rough one for you.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Not sure if T-Rich is a slam dunk or not. The guy had surgery before ever playing a down in the NFL. If the Browns are playing for Bridgewater, hopefully he's not the next Couch.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Not sure if T-Rich is a slam dunk or not. The guy had surgery before ever playing a down in the NFL. If the Browns are playing for Bridgewater, hopefully he's not the next Couch.

I think Rich will be much more effective in the colts offense than he ever was in Cleveland... Gives Luck that power back he needs to round out the offense... and they gave up very little (IMHO) to get him...

what cleveland is doing up there is beyond logic... if you can't build your team from drafting you're never going to win in the NFL... if you can't stick with your draft picks and put the building blocks in place properly, well... All I can say is that there's enough demand for football tickets in Houston right now that we can support another team... feel free to send the franchise down here, we'll gut the management and get on with building a real football club. ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    As a Trent Richardson fantasy owner, all I can say is - :clap:8-) :-P

how bad this week? ... do i sit his ass for a lamar miller or bell?
    I also don't like the deal because I have Luck in fantasy.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Having a ground attack that defenses have to pay attention to will help the passing game. It also opens up the playaction.

I doubt that the 49ers have spent more then 3 seconds planning on how to stop Donald Brown this week.
    Jason P wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Having a ground attack that defenses have to pay attention to will help the passing game. It also opens up the playaction.

I doubt that the 49ers have spent more then 3 seconds planning on how to stop Donald Brown this week.

I realize that but the Colts didn't have too much of a running game last year.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

I've got Richardson too.
    Gonna take a hit this week, but going forward his value has gone waaaay up! :D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    polaris_x wrote:

how bad this week? ... do i sit his ass for a lamar miller or bell?
    I've heard/read that Richardson and Bradshaw will likely split time this week.
    I don't have the luxury of sitting him so I'm hoping he starts off hot and they keep Bradshaw on the bench! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    I don't have the luxury of sitting him so I'm hoping he starts off hot and they keep Bradshaw on the bench! :D

thanks ... my gut says to sit his ass ... so, i guess i will start him ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

thanks ... my gut says to sit his ass ... so, i guess i will start him ... :lol:
    I expect to see a lot of passing from Luck. After Terrell Pryor ran circles around the Colt's D in week 1, I thought to myself "I sure hope we don't play the 49ers or Seahawks this year". Then I looked up the schedule and did this ...

charlie-brown-argh1-150x150.jpg
    Jason P wrote:
    I expect to see a lot of passing from Luck. After Terrell Pryor ran circles around the Colt's D in week 1, I thought to myself "I sure hope we don't play the 49ers or Seahawks this year". Then I looked up the schedule and did this ...

well ... lynch did go for 3 tds against the niners D ... and with fantasy football - it's all about the TD ... if he gets like 55 yds and a score ... i'll take it ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

well ... lynch did go for 3 tds against the niners D ... and with fantasy football - it's all about the TD ... if he gets like 55 yds and a score ... i'll take it ...

Crap did the Seahawks' defence look impressive that game or what?

They are saying know that T-Rich is going to be running the ball on Sunday.

I'm kind of excited to see how this plays out. It seems like a pretty good fit. I'm not down on the guy like many are.

I'm kind of excited to see how this plays out. It seems like a pretty good fit. I'm not down on the guy like many are.

i sat him for bell ... :?
    Pagano said they will play him as much as he can handle. "We didn't bring him here to be a water boy ..."

Makes sense. Running backs are easy to integrate into a system.
    polaris_x wrote:

i sat him for bell ... :?

Your lineup is set already?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Your lineup is set already?

well ... sundays usually aren't good for me to always remember ... i try to set it early in case i forget ... the only time i really check is if someone is on the questionable list ...
    I'm surprised how much credit the media is giving the Browns on the trade. They have been in "next year" mode since '99. And now they have a guy running the show that cut his teeth in Oakland for the past decade. And they decided to go into all-out tank mode in a year where the Jags may be lucky to break 100 total points.

So they traded up to get the guy drafted right behind Luck and RG3, still owe him his guaranteed money (Colts just owe him $2M/yr for 3 yrs), and then trade him for a mid to late round pick and the media thinks it's good for the Browns?

Am I high and somehow missing the big picture?
  • Jason P wrote:
    I'm surprised how much credit the media is giving the Browns on the trade. They have been in "next year" mode since '99. And now they have a guy running the show that cut his teeth in Oakland for the past decade. And they decided to go into all-out tank mode in a year where the Jags may be lucky to break 100 total points.

So they traded up to get the guy drafted right behind Luck and RG3, still owe him his guaranteed money (Colts just owe him $2M/yr for 3 yrs), and then trade him for a mid to late round pick and the media thinks it's good for the Browns?

I think what this points to is the fact that the previous regime failed. By the time the Browns get their shit together, T-Rich wouldn't be able to offer them anything- he'd be 31 years old and slower by a step or two. Any scrubby back will do for what they hope to achieve in the next three years.

They have done well in cutting bait and re-organizing again.

They weren't even using him. I love these teams that go spend a first round pick on a bell cow back and then don't use them. I still don't understand what New Orleans was thinking drafting Ingram.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Jason P wrote:

Im in the same boat. As a Bills fan, I know this drill very well.

The Browns deserve/have earned zero benefit of the doubt. Looking at the big picture, this is a crap trade and they have essentially traded a top pick, made a team better, and very likely could be a 20-30 pick... which the Browns will likely screw up anyways. Then they will soon wipe out this management team and the new one will have to "un-do" the damage.... and repeat forever.
    They have an owner being investigated by the Feds, and a GM straight from the NFL Network and he worked for the awesome Oakland Raiders from like 2000-2008. Why should they trust another new direction?

I get the other point of view justifying it from the Browns standpoint, but I have been hearing the same shit for the past 17 years as a Bills fan. Rebuilding an NFL team with these economics isnt rocket science and should not take 3-5 years. These teams seem to over-complicate things. How many times can Tennessee, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Oakland, Tampa, Baltimore, Denver, even Cincinnati, etc rebuild, and turn to shit, rebuild while Cleveland, Buffalo, and Detroit continue to wallow in their own feces.
  • I understand it and don't think it's as terrible as people are making it out to be.

Richardson is not a top 5 back in this league and he has injury issues.

I'm sure the Colts pick will be 15-22 or something and Cleveland can use their original pick which will probably be number 2-4 for the Franchise QB. Whether it's Bridgewater, Mariota, Manziel, or David Fales, they'll be able to get a solid QB. They can use the next pick for a Big Body on the DL.
    NERDS!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Im sure they will take "Fales". Sounds like a good fit
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    Im sure they will take "Fales". Sounds like a good fit
    :lol::lol:

Unless the Jags take him #1 overall.
    NERDS!
  • So...

Did Cleveland know something?

Richardson has hardly been impressive to this point and I'm starting to think they failed drafting him, but came to their senses and duped Indy. Donald Brown has looked more impressive as they have shared the backfield so far.

Does the guy have better in him, or is the body of work to this point in time point to a Ron Dayne career?