Options

Europe 2006, how will you travel? (+ETB2006)

MirellaMirella Posts: 242
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hi,

for people traveling to one or more to the concerts in August/September; how will you travel and where will you stay?
I'll travel by car with my boyfriend for company, and we might take some people with us between concerts. The two close ones (Antwerp & Arnhem) we'll stay at home, and for the other concerts we'll stay in cheap hotels and hostels.
To Dublin we'll fly.
I know about touring vans and I'm involved with the European Touring Bus 2006 because I would love to see that happen! Does anyone know where to find information about the other touring vans? There is one in Germany, I read.
Anyway, if you're still looking for transportation from one concert to another, you could keep that ETB2006 in mind! For instance there are still 9 spots left on the bus from London to Arnhem, and from Arnhem to Antwerp... It'll cost 47 pounds (69 euro) a night, including sleeping on the bus in beds.

groetjes,
Mirella :)
Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i am going to Arnhem and Antwerp with friends and a car

and then we are doing Verona-Milan-Turin-Prague-Berlin
    with 8 people in 2 motorhomes.
    we are all members of the german pearl jam message board.
    this will be a lot of fun i guess.
    another friend tried to convince me that i should also go to zagreb but i think i cannot make it there.

can't wait to see you on tour!!!
  • Options
    Cool! Yes, you should also come to Zagreb :). That's still at reasonable distance ;):).

groetjes,
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    i'm etbing it (hopefully) for verona - milan...... flying to dublin, back to leeds, driving to reading.

flying to prague, train from prague to zagreb, flying home.

oh and should be flying to lisbon 05.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    pinonpinon Posts: 427
    huh....fly....train....sounds exhausting.....you would all be much more comfortable on our bus ;)
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously
  • Options
    you people should all make userpages on Bugs so I can see your faces in advance, heheh :D

groetjes,
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    flying to Dublin for one night, back home, drive to Leeds and back.

(this is up in the air, though I have 10c tix), financial/work reasons)>>> Lisbon (2) and Madrid.

Fly to Bologna for 8 nights. Train around the Italian shows.

Have been considering trying for the etb, but, more for the sake of adventure and seeing more of Italy and mixing with the people, im opting for trains!
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    hey, there are people on the bus to mix with too ;):p

groetjes,
  • Options
    EnehEneh Posts: 145
    but what if the italian transportation system is on strike???? you have to consider this.

okay, okay.... dont want to scare you.
  • Options
    contorecontore Norway Posts: 22
    Well, since Pearl Jam decided not to come to Scandinavia this time around, me and a friend bought tickets to the shows in Paris and Bern.
    We will fly from Oslo to Paris on Sept. 10th(although we haven't bought the plane tickets yet) and stay there at a some cheap hotel.
    To get to Bern we will rent a car and drive down, see the concert, sleep over and drive back to Paris. Should be a nice trip.
    Paris 2006 - Bern 06 - Oslo 12 - Trieste 14 - Vienna 14 - Berlin 14 - Stockholm 14 - Oslo 14