Options

Five Horizons Rome 2013 Ben Brown

supernaut1125supernaut1125 Denver, CO Posts: 255
edited September 2013 in Lost Dogs
I just happened to see this on ExpressoBeans and was wondering if anyone had any information on this? I contacted the artist but he said he is all sold out of them already. From what I could see the AP are from a very small run. Anyone happen to have this, know more about it or have an original price on it? I would love to own this but don't even know how I would find one now.

IS.php?id=238357&t=mi
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/177595
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    http://www.fivehorizons-exhibition.it/

Try to contact these guys. I think the posters were for 20 euros, they still had stock after the exchibition was over so i think there is a good chance for you. Good luck :)
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    AP is a run of 4 on 310gsm Heavy Stock Paper - Cost $150 US

AE is a run of 15 on 110gsm Paper (much lighter and thinner than the AP) Cost $100 US

Reg of 130 on I believe a lower grade paper than listed above (have not seen that one though so I'm not certain of the paper quality) Cost I do not know either.. I wanna say like $30-$40 US was cost.. And I think they are still available from the Exhibit

The first 2 I do own and purchased directly from Ben, so those numbers are 100% correct. And the AP is fucking beautiful! Colors POP on the heavier archival paper as opposed to the AE paper.
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Five Horizons people told a friend "They are printed in offset, on Tintoretto Stucco 300 gr. paper."
  • Options

AE is a run of 15 on 110gsm Paper (much lighter and thinner than the AP) Cost $100 US

Reg of 130 on I believe a lower grade paper than listed above (have not seen that one though so I'm not certain of the paper quality) Cost I do not know either.. I wanna say like $30-$40 US was cost.. And I think they are still available from the Exhibit

The first 2 I do own and purchased directly from Ben, so those numbers are 100% correct. And the AP is fucking beautiful! Colors POP on the heavier archival paper as opposed to the AE paper.

The AP is sold out. I can tell you this for sure because I just purchased the last one last night/this morning.

Additional description:

The paper is 310gsm museum-grade (ISO 9706 standard)
    Etching 100% cotton rag, with UltraChrome K3 inks.

Not sure what Etching 100% cotton rag means, but I guess I will find out in a couple weeks. :D
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

The AP is sold out. I can tell you this for sure because I just purchased the last one last night/this morning.

Additional description:

The paper is 310gsm museum-grade (ISO 9706 standard)
    Etching 100% cotton rag, with UltraChrome K3 inks.

Not sure what Etching 100% cotton rag means, but I guess I will find out in a couple weeks. :D
    Not true, I talked with Ben and he has 5 APs left out of the 15 run. Might be a different print than yours. He also said it is on thinner paper too. I like it but don't see it being worth it's sale price in the future. I could be wrong because anything with "Pearl Jam" written on it sells like crazy. He wants $100 for it. I'm going after a Hendrix print today and then might get the FH print if I don't have any luck.
  • Options
    The 5 that remain are the AE (Artist Edition) which had the run of 15, $100 original cost. The AP (Artist Proof) is the edition of 4, $150 Original cost and those ARE sold out. They were also intended to be for the artist and VIP only. But then we got to him and so did our money ;)

For me, The AP was worth it for the life of the print. The 310gsm archival paper will hold that image up over a VERY long period of time! The weaker paper, will lose its quality faster and is much more likely to begin to wave and fade alot sooner.
    As for value... It all depends on who sells first and for how much. That's the only way to give these prints an after market price tag... but who cares about marked up prices around here!? :lol: :? I'll say this though.. it sure as fuck is a better looking print than the Klausen joint! IMO. ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    The 5 that remain are the AE (Artist Edition) which had the run of 15, $100 original cost. The AP (Artist Proof) is the edition of 4, $150 Original cost and those ARE sold out. They were also intended to be for the artist and VIP only. But then we got to him and so did our money ;)

For me, The AP was worth it for the life of the print. The 310gsm archival paper will hold that image up over a VERY long period of time! The weaker paper, will lose its quality faster and is much more likely to begin to wave and fade alot sooner.
    As for value... It all depends on who sells first and for how much. That's the only way to give these prints an after market price tag... but who cares about marked up prices around here!? :lol: :? I'll say this though.. it sure as fuck is a better looking print than the Klausen joint! IMO. ;)
    I agree with you about all of that. I think that is why I don't see it being worth the same as the AP. To me that is a $60 print at best. The BK FH print is very, very ugly. Not surprised one has been sitting on eBait for $59.99. I do like the BB design a lot but still can't justify the price when I know there are about to be a whole lot more PJ posters in the next 3 months. I did email the Italian Five Horizons site and am waiting to hear back from them about the AP. Fingers crossed but I don't expect any luck.
    I must say I really love this forum and you guys. You all are so knowledgeable about these things and I appreciate the help a lot.
  • Options
    I don't need the baddest and best of this I don't think. I do like the 110lb paper (AP not available) but don't think it is worth $100. I got in touch with Five Horizons and they have both posters still available. I don't care for the Klausen but considering I could get it from them for $27 USD, I just might buy both! They also said they have a t-shirt available too but I didn't ask which print it is. I think the Ben Brown one.
  • Options
    RYANPB999RYANPB999 Coventry, Rhode Island Posts: 542
    I have 1 of the 15 also! Beautiful print!!! Love it!!!!
    Having tasted, a life wasted, I'm never going back again!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,721
    I just happened to see this on ExpressoBeans and was wondering if anyone had any information on this? I contacted the artist but he said he is all sold out of them already. From what I could see the AP are from a very small run. Anyone happen to have this, know more about it or have an original price on it? I would love to own this but don't even know how I would find one now.

IS.php?id=238357&t=mi
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/177595

Check out the last few post over @ fivehorizons-exhibition.com/ . ;)
  • Options
    ratonesratones Posts: 161
    I was there (Rome) on vacation and, obviously, dropped by to check out the photos. Not extraordinary, but nice large prints of the stuff we've seen in magazines and stuff.
    I'm glad I saw this post, 'cause I totally forgot about asking if they had posters while there. So I contacted them and got both posters (not AP) - just the cheap stuff. Can't wait to get it/frame it!