Couldn't get a beer at MetLife stadium

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Tried to pay for a Bud Light at the game on Sunday and I was denied because the girl didn't recognize my ID. I'm from Canada and I had my government-issued drivers license with my picture on it, but I was told I needed my passport. I'm 37 years old and I needed my Dad to pull beer for me, lol

I didn't think I needed to bring my passport to the game. I would've given it to my wife to put in her purse, but women aren't allowed to bring their purses now.

Meanwhile, there was a guy in the row ahead of me they stopped serving because he was too drunk! :fp: :lol:
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Welcome to Jersey!!! :D:D:D:D
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Jenfarr wrote:
    Welcome to Jersey!!! :D:D:D:D

Lol, well I'm back in Canada so not having problems getting served now! :mrgreen:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    This happened to me in mass once. I was 24 and I couldn't get a beer with an out of state lisence because I wasn't 25. Fucking insane rule. Some 50 year old saw the ordeal and bought me a beer.
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    This happened to me in mass once. I was 24 and I couldn't get a beer with an out of state lisence because I wasn't 25. Fucking insane rule. Some 50 year old saw the ordeal and bought me a beer.

I've never been turned down for alcohol, even when I was 17 and had a fake out of state ID that said my name was Ron Wood and 26. The Beast flowed like water. But I tried to buy cigarettes 10 minutes after midnight on my 18 b-day and the lady wouldn't sell to me.

I have family come down from Canada from time to time and only once have they had a problem. The bouncer was suspicious about my cousin's ID and did the "what's your zodiac sign?" test. My cousin refused to answer saying he didn't believe in that shit, so we couldn't go in because my cousin was being difficult. He knew, he just wouldn't say. :lol: My damn family.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"