Stubhub question.

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Am I better off, or safer, buying an instant download ticket rather than a hard ticket?
The hard ticket can be a fake, right?
Is it possible for the instant download to be a fake?

Never used stubhub before.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I've used it a few times, maybe a dozen, always did the download and never had a problem.
  • Not sure if the download can be fake or not? I suppose the person selling the tickets could print off x amount of tickets for the same seats and sell them to different people.

But Stub Hub guarantees the tickets. if you have any problems, theres a number you call and Stub Hub deals with it immediately.

We just used our printed download tickets for the Giants/Broncos game on Sunday and it was fine.

The problem with the hard tickets, for us, was they would've had to have been sent to our hotel only a day or 2 before the game and we didn't want to chance it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • I've used it a few times, maybe a dozen, always did the download and never had a problem.
    The instant download ticket will be right off the ticketmaster sight, right? Only able to download once?
    Or can you actually print 2,374 of the same ticket? :lol::lol:
  • I've used it a few times, maybe a dozen, always did the download and never had a problem.
    The instant download ticket will be right off the ticketmaster sight, right? Only able to download once?

Yep. I have done print-outs and hard tickets with stubhub and never had any issues.
    I've used it a few times, maybe a dozen, always did the download and never had a problem.

That's a good question, i'll see if can i find some old e-mails...i just always took it on good faith. But i guess it could be photocopyed.
  • I have done both ways many times and never had an issue. I had one time where I bought (2) Kings playoff tickets and they sent me (4.) These were hard copy tickets, the fancy playoff ones.
    I called them and told them they sent (4) instead of (2) and they told me which seats were mine and to toss the other ones. I asked them what would stop me from giving the other 2 to my buddy and they said -- the bar code wont work, we caught our mistake and de-activated that bar code.
    I obviously wasnt going to do that (I called them to let them know) but this was extremely interesting to learn. They are bar code based....which I guess makes perfect sense being that they scan them. The arena must get a master list of codes that work and that is not a static list but rather one that gets updated periodically.
    The shitty thing was that if I sold them to someone outside the arena they would have no way of knowing they would not work. I threw them out and thought what a strange world the secondary ticket market was.

On your question about the print outs -- when they give you the automatic dl ones you can print them as many times as you want. (They all have the same bar code, the first person to scan those bar codes at the gate will be allowed entry.)

I have never had to call StubHub from the gate and work things out (out of maybe 60-70 times used) but I always bring the sheet with the info on the purchase with me just in case I do. They guarantee their tickets.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I wouldn't worry about it too much and go for whatever seats and/or price you want. Both ways can be faked. Instant download is probably the safest as it is typically right off of ticketmaster, but StubHub is pretty reliable. People get fucked pretty hard for selling duplicates and they will be charged a bunch of fees/fines and not allowed to sell tickets again, so it's not really worth it.

That's a good question, i'll see if can i find some old e-mails...i just always took it on good faith. But i guess it could be photocopyed.
    If I get to New York and have a fake ticket in my hands...
    Im going to lose my freaking mind!!!!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about it too much and go for whatever seats and/or price you want. Both ways can be faked. Instant download is probably the safest as it is typically right off of ticketmaster, but StubHub is pretty reliable. People get fucked pretty hard for selling duplicates and they will be charged a bunch of fees/fines and not allowed to sell tickets again, so it's not really worth it.

Once you get past the whole scalping thing, Stubhub is an awesome site. Bought 4 Bears tickets to the game in Pittsburgh this Sunday for row B. Get the tickets in the the mail and they are row V. I called stubhub and let them know what was going on and they told me they would take care of it with no cost for us. So they ended up getting us 4 tickets in row A in a much better section. Original seats were at about the 20 yard line and now we're right at midfield in the front row. Worked out well for us...
  • If I get to New York and have a fake ticket in my hands...

I flew to Vancouver a few years ago to see a show and obsessed about it even though I had never had an issue. No problems, enjoyed the show.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • If I get to New York and have a fake ticket in my hands...

I flew to Vancouver a few years ago to see a show and obsessed about it even though I had never had an issue. No problems, enjoyed the show.
    Well, I have tickets for myself and a friend. They are both singles in different sections. So what I want to do is get another ticket in at least the same section as the other, so the 2 of us can at least sit in the same section. Right now we are sitting about 3 miles apart. :lol::lol::lol:

I will probably purchase the ticket I am looking at off stubhub, yet keep the other ticket in my pocket, when I enter Barclay's, just in case the stubhub ticket is a fake. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So if the ticket isn't a fake? Then I will have an extra that will be going to waste... :lol::lol::lol:

If anything you can always catch a play, Cinderella's fun :lol::lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Once you get past the whole scalping thing, Stubhub is an awesome site. Bought 4 Bears tickets to the game in Pittsburgh this Sunday for row B. Get the tickets in the the mail and they are row V. I called stubhub and let them know what was going on and they told me they would take care of it with no cost for us. So they ended up getting us 4 tickets in row A in a much better section. Original seats were at about the 20 yard line and now we're right at midfield in the front row. Worked out well for us...

Yeah, it is a pretty phenomenal service and they really guard against fraud. That's really good stuff.
  • i have used stubhub for blues playoff tickets a few times. i picked up hard copies at the stubhub office right near savvis center without any issues. never done the instant download though...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Well, I have tickets for myself and a friend. They are both singles in different sections. So what I want to do is get another ticket in at least the same section as the other, so the 2 of us can at least sit in the same section. Right now we are sitting about 3 miles apart. :lol::lol::lol:

I will probably purchase the ticket I am looking at off stubhub, yet keep the other ticket in my pocket, when I enter Barclay's, just in case the stubhub ticket is a fake. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So if the ticket isn't a fake? Then I will have an extra that will be going to waste... :lol::lol::lol:

Don't bother. The ticket isn't going to be fake and in the very very very slim chance that it is, they will get you tickets immediately. Don't waste your money.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    Get the e-tix because they are $6 cheaper :D

I have used the hub over 20 times and never had any problem
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:

Hey, you are a NY'er.....

I am thinking about getting a cheap Motel 6 about 3 miles from Barclay.
    Do I need a bullet proof vest?
    Or am I safe?

You can print off as many copies as you want.

Stubhub guarantees their tickets, though. If someone was to do that, I'd guess the seller would be in a fun lawsuit.

They don't allow photocopies... it has to be the exact download link that you originally got the ticket from.
  • I have used Stub hub to get hard tickets and downloads and never had an issue. They are a pretty reputable service.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Or am I safe?

I have to admit that I am unfamiliar with the area :oops:

I take the train to Barclays and walk a few feet to the entrance and then head right back to Queens. I feel safe immediately surrounding the arena within a few block radius (looked for food once) but I dont know going further than that.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,665
    As stated above, multiple copies can be printed, and only the first person who gets scanned will get in, the others would be denied. This was a common scam a few years ago when the print your own ticket thing was a new phenomenon.

Stub Hub will gurantee you so the risk is far less, but as a rule hard tickets are usually a safer bet from a broker. (but not from the Craigslist douche Kat posted about on the Porch).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Or am I safe?

I have to admit that I am unfamiliar with the area :oops:

I take the train to Barclays and walk a few feet to the entrance and then head right back to Queens. I feel safe immediately surrounding the arena within a few block radius (looked for food once) but I dont know going further than that.

The area in the direct vicinity is fine. A few miles to the East are the neighborhoods of East New York and Brownsville, which are not so hot despite the drop in crime over the past two decades. There also are a few hotels down fourth avenue which is a bid industrial but a short train ride from the venue.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • As long as. You rooming to Brooklyn to see PJ and Da Kid Da kid would host you and your friend but th fruton and couch has already been spoken for will see ya in less than a month and we will celebrate our bays together Speedy hell the train line LIRR right behind Da Kid.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • pjscreamer wrote:
    As long as. You rooming to Brooklyn to see PJ and Da Kid Da kid would host you and your friend but th fruton and couch has already been spoken for will see ya in less than a month and we will celebrate our bays together Speedy hell the train line LIRR right behind Da Kid.

That LIRR stop is a half-hour walk from my neck of the woods in suburban Queens.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."