Vocalist harmonizing with himself.

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,740
edited September 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
We went to a retirement party for a friend last night which included live music- two guys, one on acoustic and vocals and one on electric guitar. The singer had this great set up- where when he got to the chorus of a song he hit a foot switch and all of the sudden he was harmonizing with himself. The harmony wasn't pre-recorded- it was his own voice electronically harmonized. It sounded REALLY good. You wouldn't think so, but it was awesome!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I love vocalist pedal controlled playing. I have a piece that I programmed for a,perfect 5 th and,I can bring in an upper or lower third so it can add another depth of blending. I learned it from a guy singing for change in the subway in Boston near berklee school of music. Man I miss that kind of one on one music making with really very cool people. I hope to learn busker methodology from folks like fringe folks and Hansard.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau