Miss America

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
A Lot Of People Are Very Upset with the winner of Miss America

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/a ... ican-woman
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I haven't heard a single thing about it. I didn't even know the pageant happened. I don't think it's causing too much concern except for those few people on Twitter.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I haven't heard a single thing about it. I didn't even know the pageant happened. I don't think it's causing too much concern except for those few people on Twitter.
    i was just reading a conversation at facebook and saw the link
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I saw on google news earlier today that people were upset about it.
    "People" need to get a life and worry about other things. W/o reading the article I think it is good that the winner wasn't a barbie who sounded like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    was she "twerking"?
    "People" need to get a life and worry about other things. W/o reading the article I think it is good that the winner wasn't a barbie who sounded like this:

I'm sure some people are. In the age of Twitter and Facebook people are upset over everything. I just don't know if it's a widespread sentiment or just some knuckleheads on Twitter. Whether a lot of people are upset over it I don't know, because it's failed to stir up any controversy or publicity in my neck of the woods. And my neck of the woods is very red if you catch my drift. When I did a Google News search of Miss America, it wasn't until the 5th story down any controversy was mentioned. Not much you can do about racist idiots with Twitter accounts. :lol:

As for people needing to get a life, I personally can't think of anything more pointless than a beauty pageant, so I'm on board with you there. But some people probably think a lot of the things I care about are pointless. I just don't get pageants at all though. Unless you're a guy watching for a peek at scantily clad women, it seems like it would be pretty boring and pointless.
  • Unless you're a guy watching for a peek at scantily clad women, it seems like it would be pretty boring and pointless.

Yeah, I could see this when I was 12-13 back before the internet. Now if you are looking for that and you stoop to here to get your perv on you are pretty weak.
  • Unless you're a guy watching for a peek at scantily clad women, it seems like it would be pretty boring and pointless.

Yeah, I could see this when I was 12-13 back before the internet. Now if you are looking for that and you stoop to here to get your perv on you are pretty weak.

Well, people still watch that Victoria's Secret Fashion show. That's s a big event for some reason. And it's mostly among guys. And guys drool over every weather girl and female sideline reporter. I agree, it seems pretty silly in the internet era, but guys still drool over that stuff.
  • She's from New York.

She's American. What the fuck?

Just watched this again because I felt like laughing at the end of the day. What a great answer she gives. :? :? :?
    Post by peacefrompaul » 16 Sep 2013 15:15
    She's from New York.

She's American. What the fuck?

Agree. Unless you are of full native american descent I think saying you are any more American than her is just fucking stupid. (And if I were of full native american descent I likely wouldn't describe myself that way, since America grew from what was basically stolen from the people that were here before.)