Options

NFL Survivor Pool

Comments

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    JTH wrote: »
    Are we really splitting the pot 5 ways?

Yeah and are we really getting $30 each? Doesn't seem right.

You guys will have to decide what to do. Could continue through the playoffs but I don't think the site allows for it. But you could PM me your picks.

Payout now would be $14 each.
    #FHP
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I'm good either way. A playoff eliminator pool would be really tough!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    im in for whatever...
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I'd like to keep it going through the playoffs. I suppose we would pick 1 winner from the Saturday games and 1 winner from Sunday? Or pick the winners from each game?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I kinda like the 1 winner each day idea abut I'd be in for whatever is decided. I suppose we need this decision to be unanimous and I think everyone but Mary Beth has said they're OK with continuing through the playoffs. I just sent her a PM to let her know that we're trying to come to a decision.
  • Options
    At work there was 3 of us tied going in to the last week. We decided to change it up, and turn it in to a "confidence pool" for that last week. You had to pick the winners of all the games.

I am very happy to announce that I am now $120 richer.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Good, you can play poker then!
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    JTH wrote: »
    I kinda like the 1 winner each day idea abut I'd be in for whatever is decided. I suppose we need this decision to be unanimous and I think everyone but Mary Beth has said they're OK with continuing through the playoffs. I just sent her a PM to let her know that we're trying to come to a decision.

Sure, I'll be happy to stay in for the playoffs. However it is decided is fine with me as well.

Nice shirt.
  • Options
    So everyone is in...

How about we pick all the games? Perfect record, you automatically advance. If nobody gets them all right, whatever the best record is advances. I guess we PM our picks to Horos. He can post everyone's picks here, maybe.

Sound good?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2015
    At work there was 3 of us tied going in to the last week. We decided to change it up, and turn it in to a "confidence pool" for that last week. You had to pick the winners of all the games.

I am very happy to announce that I am now $120 richer.

Not cool man

My edit is this - why would you post such a stupid post about you going to work........not so speedy
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    I made a playoff pool on the other site. You have to pick all the games and each week the games are worth 1 more point.

To Join this Pool, please follow these instructions:

NOT REGISTERED WITH OFFICE POOL JUNKIE?

1. Click this Join URL:
    http://www.officepooljunkie.com/join.php?Pool=BZI3M46MII4AN1YO&Pass=10club

2. Click the REGISTER NOW link and follow the instructions provided on the Registration form.

3. Upon successful registration, you will be returned to the Pool Invitation. From there, select or enter the pool handle you wish to join to the pool click the "Yes, Join this Pool!" button in order to complete the process.

ALREADY REGISTERED WITH OFFICE POOL JUNKIE?

1. Click this Join URL:
    http://www.officepooljunkie.com/join.php?Pool=BZI3M46MII4AN1YO&Pass=10club

2. If you're not logged in, please login with the username/password you chose when you registered. Please use the password reset function if you've forgotten your Username or Password.

3. Once logged in, you will be returned to the Pool Invitation. From there, select or enter the pool handle you wish to join to the pool and click the "Yes, Join this Pool!" button in order to complete the process.

ALTERNATIVELY...

1. Login to http://www.officepooljunkie.com. You will need to register if you don't have an ID.

2. From My Pools, click the "Join Pool" button. You will be taken to the Join Pool form.

3. Enter the following Pool ID and Password, and click the "Continue..." button.
    Pool ID: BZI3M46MII4AN1YO
    Password: 10club

4. From there, select or enter the pool handle you wish to join to the pool and click the "Yes, Join this Pool!" button in order to complete the process.

#FHP
  • Options
    So we pick all the winners for the entire playoffs and Super Bowl?
  • Options
    I'm thinking you pick this week's 4 games.
    And see who moves on from there.

Right?
  • Options

Right?

Nope, apparently the way it's set up all of the picks, including the Super Bowl winner, have to be in by noon tomorrow. Hmmmm.

Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Actually the deadline is midnight EST tonight. So, only 1 hour and 55 minutes left.
  • Options

Right?

Nope, apparently the way it's set up all of the picks, including the Super Bowl winner, have to be in by noon tomorrow. Hmmmm.
    Right. It doesn't allow for week to week picks so basically this is a whole new pool playing for the $70 in the pot.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Oh and I can't delete myself so I just won't be picking.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Wildcard games = 1pt.
    Divisional games = 2pts.
    Conference championship = 3pts.
    SB = 4pts.

Regardless of opponents if your pick advances to the next round you get the points. All games must be picked with the SB score being the penultimate tiebreaker. I'll check the setting and adjust the deadline to hopefully 5 mins before kick off tomorrow.
    #FHP
  • Options
    You now have until 1:15pm PST to change your picks.

I overlooked the deadline the first time sorry. I see everyone got in though. Now you can change your mind. hehehehehe
    #FHP
  • Options
    I was hoping the deadline would stay at midnight. Now I'll probably be changing my picks right to the last minute. I've already changed 1 pick!
  • Options
    Thanks for setting this up Horos. May the best man/woman! win haha :)
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    And I'm in last after 1 game!
    In no faith
  • Options
    I was feeling like a genius for picking both the Ravens and the Lions until about 6:30 pm central time last night.
  • Options
    I'm happy the first round games are only worth 1 point! :))
    In no faith
  • Options
    Horos, might as well send me the money now. NE's got this. They're gonna do to SEA what GB did to them 2 weeks ago, minus the self destruction.
  • Options
    I don't think the 2 guys that split the pot the first half of the season should be allowed to play the second half. I mean, what if they win again? J/k lol.

hehe. actually wasn't planning on rejoining. I got my money. :P
    No Super Bowl squares for you?
  • Options
    Horos, might as well send me the money now. NE's got this. They're gonna do to SEA what GB did to them 2 weeks ago, minus the self destruction.

Just making sure Horos has My paypal address, because SEA is gonna treat NE worse than they treated GB mwaha! ;)

Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Tell the penguins to buy some Super Bowl Squares.
  • Options
    Tell the penguins to buy some Super Bowl Squares.

Will do.

Although they probably spent all of their money on pickled herring and Funyuns. Cuz everybody knows penguins throw the best Super Bowl parties.

Nice shirt.