A simple trip to the eye doctor.

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
If the airhead wasn't so wrapped up in trying to sell me a $200 pair of glasses, that I wanted nothing to do with....
She may have actually given me the right contact lenses. And since my prescription hasn't changed in 4 years, it should have taken the airhead all of 5 seconds to give me my contacts and send me on my merry way. But instead I now have 4 boxes of contact lenses, None of which are the correct lense. NICE JOB airhead!!!!

I picked these contacts up Saturday, and put them in my face for the 1st time yesterday.
I am lucky I didn't kill anybody in my semi last night.

Cant wait to go visit the airhead this morning!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Even sitting at the DMV is less frustating than some doctor visits. Sounds like a big drag.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    My eye doctor is great. Takes FOREVER in order to schedule a visit. Takes FOREVER to get in to see him. Sit in the waiting room for 45 mins minimum. Sit in a little room for 30 minutes minimum...
    Nice guy though, and knows his shit. Just gotta be patient...which isn't one of my best qualities. :x :lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,793
    mca47 wrote:
    My eye doctor is great. Takes FOREVER in order to schedule a visit. Takes FOREVER to get in to see him. Sit in the waiting room for 45 mins minimum. Sit in a little room for 30 minutes minimum...
    Nice guy though, and knows his shit. Just gotta be patient...which isn't one of my best qualities. :x :lol:
    aren't you a cubs fan? You sir are all kinds of patient.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    :lol::lol:
  • Can't you order them online? When I had contacts and I knew my diopters and brand, I always did. It was fast and a little cheaper too.

When my driving glasses broke over here, we just went to a eyeglass store and got some without any hassles. They read the diopters (-0.5 :lol: ) out of my old glasses and we were done. Wouldn't have worked that easy before my laser surgery, back then I had -6.5 and -7 ...

Yeah, and before you ask - the lasik worked superbly, but sitting in front of a computer all the time makes my eyes tired, plus I have ner seen really well in the dark.
  • I'm never going to see an eye doctor.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Can't you order them online? When I had contacts and I knew my diopters and brand, I always did. It was fast and a little cheaper too.

When my driving glasses broke over here, we just went to a eyeglass store and got some without any hassles. They read the diopters (-0.5 :lol: ) out of my old glasses and we were done. Wouldn't have worked that easy before my laser surgery, back then I had -6.5 and -7 ...

Yeah, and before you ask - the lasik worked superbly, but sitting in front of a computer all the time makes my eyes tired, plus I have ner seen really well in the dark.

you can order online as long as you have a current prescription. I usually have to go to the eye doctor for a checkup at least once a year in order to get a current prescription, then order what I need online. at some point during that time the prescription runs out and I have to get another checkup. could just be my doctor but not sure. it's not that big of a deal to me though because my exam is covered.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    Can't you order them online? When I had contacts and I knew my diopters and brand, I always did. It was fast and a little cheaper too.

you can order online as long as you have a current prescription. I usually have to go to the eye doctor for a checkup at least once a year in order to get a current prescription, then order what I need online. at some point during that time the prescription runs out and I have to get another checkup. could just be my doctor but not sure. it's not that big of a deal to me though because my exam is covered.
    Makes sense. I think I got my glasses so easy because they really weren't too heavy on the diopters.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    do you use dailies? i'm a fan.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • You should definitely drive your semi into her shop with the contacts she gave you in and ask if she notices a problem.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    If the airhead wasn't so wrapped up in trying to sell me a $200 pair of glasses, that I wanted nothing to do with....
    She may have actually given me the right contact lenses. And since my prescription hasn't changed in 4 years, it should have taken the airhead all of 5 seconds to give me my contacts and send me on my merry way. But instead I now have 4 boxes of contact lenses, None of which are the correct lense. NICE JOB airhead!!!!

I picked these contacts up Saturday, and put them in my face for the 1st time yesterday.
    I am lucky I didn't kill anybody in my semi last night.

Cant wait to go visit the airhead this morning!
    It sounds as if she may be a little sweet on you, and is looking for an excuse to see you again. ;)
    ELITIST FUK
  • pjhawks wrote:
    I like the savings from ordering online but it seems like those sites don't do bifocals. :problem:
    Don't anybody laugh, if you wear glasses you're probably going to need them someday! :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

Just switched to the dailies a few months ago. Great move...dailies are so much better than the 2 week ones. A little more expensive, but definitely worth it.
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

Just switched to the dailies a few months ago. Great move...dailies are so much better than the 2 week ones. A little more expensive, but definitely worth it.
    Dailies?

Common sense is going to tell me you put on a new pair every day? Or every other day?
    What is the cost?

• Common sense is going to tell me you put on a new pair every day? Or every other day?
    What is the cost?

Yep. New pair every day. Not sure exactly on the cost, but I do remember it being a bit more expensive than the every 2 weeks contacts which I used to wear.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    edited September 2013

Common sense is going to tell me you put on a new pair every day? Or every other day?
    What is the cost?

Yep. New pair every day. Not sure exactly on the cost, but I do remember it being a bit more expensive than the every 2 weeks contacts which I used to wear.
    Years back I watched a documentary, maybe 60 minutes?
    It was on contact lens manufactures. It showed just how full of shit they were. The one week contacts, and the two week contacts, and the one month contacts?

Were all the fucking same.
    They were just ripping people off.
  • There is even contacts that you can keep in your eye for a month. Never tried them, though. I always got yearlies. The hard ones were a pain in the ass to get used to, but are healtier for the eyes. But I lost them all the time :oops: :lol: Dailies are good from what I heard, also healthy for the eyes. I always had some that let a lot of air come through. Cannot remember the brand though. My eye doctor told me they were better for me, I always had probs with conjunctivitis. Gosh, I'm so glad I did this laser surgery ...
  • I remember seeing a 60 minutes episode last year with a story about how the whole eyeglass industry is a monopoly, owned by an Italian company, Luxxotica, I believe. That all frames regardless of the name on them are made by the same group, and that if a small independent firm tries to make frames they get shut down by this monopoly. http://www.complex.com/style/2012/10/wh ... s-the-same The same company also owns the retail outlets like Lenscrafters, Pearle vision, Sunglass Hut. Maybe they own contact lens manufacturers too. :?: :fp:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes