Options

Five different Wrigley Posters...

pjam2pjam2 Posts: 32
edited September 2013 in Lost Dogs
not counting the variants, A/P's, etc. and I, like so many others didn't get one. For starters, the fact that there were five different posters for one show of any band is very impressive. The fact that all of my friends and I that went to Chicago, plus many of you as well didn't get anything, is a little disconcerting. No I don't have 7,687 posts on here and I guess I am not on the 'Trusted PJ Trader's List'.., even though I have dealt with so many of you before, doesn't bother me at all. But I am NOT a flipper and can't believe how many 10C members sold their extra ticket to Wrigley for 10x the cost, but that you actually bought like 4 or 5 of every poster, hat, shirt, whatever and somehow feel justified to continue and list them at outrageous prices blows me away. Seattle and Spokane will be my 49th and 50th PJ shows that I have been lucky to have been to. A matter of fact I have several 1990's-2000's shirts, Maui, Missoula 98' among others that I have grew out of and will be selling/trading very soon. I am only writing this because my friend and I both were irritated about how the whole Wrigley merchandise went down and came up with a possible solution. We think if a 10C member won and bought tickets to a certain show, they should also be allowed to pre-purchase a poster, shirt or hat for that event. Kind of like how the hated TM reserves you a CD or shirt when you buy tickets through them if you desire. I am not comparing the 10C to them whatsoever and am grateful for everything they have done for all of us over the years, but it's an idea worth exploring. Especially since linking some of you to the same flippers on e-bay, isn't as tricky as you might think. Bummed and disgusted because so many of you are very fair to deal with. It's just takes a few, or in this case, quite a few greedy people to ruin it all. All I wanted was a CJ poster and a Cubs hat! Maybe a purchase limit for posters, etc. is in order.., kind of like beer. lol Respectfully, j. ;)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
7/22/92, 9/20/92, 9/5/93, 12/8/93, 10/1/94, 10/2/94, 2/6/95, 6/24/95, 11/6/95, 11/07/95, 9/14/96, 9/16/96, 10/19/96, 10/20/96, 11/14/97, 11/15/97, 2/20/98, 2/21/98, 6/20/98, 7/11/98, 7/18/98, 7/21/98, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 5/10/00, 10/22, 00, 10/27/00, 10/31/00, 11/3/00, 11/6/00, 10/22/01, 12/6/02, 12/8/02, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 10/23/04, 10/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/1/05, 7/20/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 9/21/09, 9/26/09, 10/23/10, 10/24,10, 9/30/12, 7/19/13, 11/30/13, 12/6/13, my 50th show.., and counting!
Jeff Goodwin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,484
    Agreed. A poster preorder would seem to eliminate a lot of the problem. Hopefully the fan club listens to the fans.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    If i remember correctly they did do a poster pre-order for the 2011 tour. And i have been to many shows where the posters were limited to 1 or 2. There is nothing wrong with that. Just bring back both these things, PLEASE.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Agreed. And don't sell posters outside the venue before the show.
  • Options
    supernaut1125supernaut1125 Denver, CO Posts: 255
    I don't get all the complaints about merch at Wrigley. I could have gotten 50 posters if I wanted them. My only regret was I didn't see the cards until they were gone and should have known the Shuss would be the most sought after (beisdes variants, APs, etc.).
    It's all about finding a short line and (no offense) someone that has been to 48 PJ shows should know a little more than I do. I have never had an issue buying merch besides at PJ20. Boy was I called crazy for giving a guy double for the Klausen while waiting in line. Funny thing was the couple giving me crap were in front of me in line. I saw them later and merch had just sold out of posters 5 people in front of them. Sure beat waiting in line for 3 hours to not get a poster! Also very gratifying to see the look on their faces while I'm tailgating with my poster tube sticking out of my backpack. 8-)
    Also, Chicago is notorious for scalpers/flippers. I saw somewhere they started selling merch on Wednesday! Why all the Wrigley posters specifically are fetching so much I will never understand. There had to be tons of Show Editions sold and don't see why they are still going for so much. If you want a poster from the show, do what I did, be patient. I've so far scored the EMEK for $42 and the Munk One for $50. I scored the Dabs Myla mural too but that will never be for sale. I have a pending deal for the Shuss for $100 (crazy cheap!) and I figure I will end up getting the Ames AP at some point. The Show Edition is going for close to what I have seen the AP selling for, that makes no sense to me either!
    Can someone tell me though what the packs of cards were going for at the merch tents? I would like to know because those things are selling like they have signed EV inserts in them and at the end of the day they aren't very frameable and to me are mostly ugly. That might be the jealousy speaking there though...
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    The cards were $5.00 per pack at Wrigley.
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Can someone tell me though what the packs of cards were going for at the merch tents?
    $5 Bucks
    I would like to know because those things are selling like they have signed EV inserts in them and at the end of the day they aren't very frameable and to me are mostly ugly. That might be the jealousy speaking there though...

I'll have to ask you to please be more respectful, the cards are AMAZING! better than all the posters combined! :P
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    If you are interested in the 10C bringing back the poster pre-sale, please sign the petition that is out there...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=202481&start=360
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yeah $5.00. per pack. We got there late Thursday night but every tent, kiosk was either sold-out or had huge, long lines. I have never had a problem at any of their shows either, even at Missoula last year in which the line(s) seemed crazy long, but Wrigley was different. They did sell them Wednesday and people that were working that day went down and bought them, never intending to go to the show. I just remember the good old days like Maui in 1998, there were 2 stacks of posters each night and we bought 2 each night for $15.00 each and came home and gave all but one away to PJ friends that couldn't make it. That Shuss for $100.00 is a smokin' deal.
    Post edited by pjam2 on
    Jeff Goodwin
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    J-Dawg76 wrote:
    If i remember correctly they did do a poster pre-order for the 2011 tour. And i have been to many shows where the posters were limited to 1 or 2. There is nothing wrong with that. Just bring back both these things, PLEASE.

yep.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    @OP, you expressed disbelief at how many 10c members sold their ticket at 10x the cost...... How many is that exactly? From where are you collecting that data? This is the first I've heard of mass 10c ticket flipping for this show. I'm not naive, I'm sure it happens, but I'm curious as to what information you're privy to, to cause such disbelief.

You do also realize that it was not a 10c exclusive show, and that merch was sold outside the stadium to the general public for about 50 plus hours before the show? I think it's safe to say all those people on EBay are not 10c members exclusively so I feel like your disappointment in the rest of the 10c may be a little misplaced.

One last thing, maybe you don't believe in buying PJ merch from EBay, but I've seen several Wrigley Emeks sell for under $60, shipping included in the last 48 hours. They are there to be had for what I consider a minimal markup if you're savvy enough with EBay.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,072
    J-Dawg76 wrote:

Nope. There wasn't any '11 pre-order of posters. There wre pre-orders for their '09 tour. I don't remember if it was a few day's or a few weeks before the show but those who scored 10club tickets to the show were able to place an order @ the 10club store. It was limited though, that I can remember, so we had to place an order right away before it sold out of pre-orders.

In '12, they did a pre-order for Isle of Wright show cause it rained @ the show. Pre-order was up for 3 day's, again, what I remember.

I hope they bring this back. It would be great for us 10club paying members to have a secure print of the shows we scored tickets to. Just a thought ...
  • Options
    nadahombrenadahombre Brooklyn Posts: 456
    arq wrote:
    Can someone tell me though what the packs of cards were going for at the merch tents?
    $5 Bucks
    I would like to know because those things are selling like they have signed EV inserts in them and at the end of the day they aren't very frameable and to me are mostly ugly. That might be the jealousy speaking there though...

I'll have to ask you to please be more respectful, the cards are AMAZING! better than all the posters combined! :P

I agree the cards are the real find out of all the show merchandise.
    On artistic merit I don’t rate any of the Wrigley posters at all, and having 5 posters to commemorate one show is overkill at the very least and insulting to fan's intelligence and wallets at most.
    The distribution of merch at Wrigley couldn’t have been handled worse.
  • Options
    I was able to score all 4 posters (I bought 1 of each), tshirts, cards and stickers in less than 10 mins of waiting. I consider that pretty lucky. When the venue doors opened all rushed to the first merch table. I ran to the one on the field. I was 3rd in line and they had everything I needed. I'd rather be lucky than good. :D
  • Options
    I am pretty sure the line I was in had a limit where you could only buy two of each poster.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I've never even seen what these cards look like.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    pjam2 wrote:
    yeah $5.00. per pack. We got there late Thursday night but every tent, kiosk was either sold-out or had huge, long lines. I have never had a problem at any of their shows either, even at Missoula last year in which the line(s) seemed crazy long, but Wrigley was different. They did sell them Wednesday and people that were working that day went down and bought them, never intending to go to the show. I just remember the good old days like Maui in 1998, there were 2 stacks of posters each night and we bought 2 each night for $15.00 each and came home and gave all but one away to PJ friends that couldn't make it. That Shuss for $100.00 is a smokin' deal.

I refused to play the wait in line for 4-5 hours to buy a poster and shirt thing... My buddy got in a merch line outside about an hour before doors opened, had to wait in line for like 30 minutes (when I cut in with him for holding both our places ha ha), and sure they were sold out of a LOT of stuff, but I still got 2 packs of cards, stickers, wristbands, and pennants. Once we got inside, he went straight to the merch stand which was apparently horrible with pushing, hot, etc and was able to gets us both an Emek poster and the navy blue shirt I wanted (was sold out in his size) and 2 more packs of cards. It took less than an hour. It sucks we didn't get Cracker Jack posters and some of the shirts/hats that there were none left of... but I had just accepted I was not going to get a poster by the day before when people were saying the lines were 4-5 hours long. I mean, live your life on vacation or wait in line in the heat... your choice. The Emek is practically worth face value now, and the other prices not counting Cracker Jack it seems will come down a little more over time. It doesn't have to be do or die on merchandise, people just make it that way. I had accepted the posters would be sold out since I didn't want to spend all of Thurs and/or Fri in line, and when my friend was able to snag us one each INSIDE the venue, I was pleasantly surprised. :)

I would have bought more cards if they weren't limited to 2 packs. But to see what people are buying packs for on ebay, or what ONE card sells for, I mean... come on. People clearly have more money than they know what to do with it. I'm a collector but shit, I gave up trying to track down the other 30+ cards I need, I don't have that kind of money!! :lol:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    PJCubsPJCubs Posts: 291
    The show edition AMES is going for the same as the AMES AP? :?:
    I don't get all the complaints about merch at Wrigley. I could have gotten 50 posters if I wanted them. My only regret was I didn't see the cards until they were gone and should have known the Shuss would be the most sought after (beisdes variants, APs, etc.).
    It's all about finding a short line and (no offense) someone that has been to 48 PJ shows should know a little more than I do. I have never had an issue buying merch besides at PJ20. Boy was I called crazy for giving a guy double for the Klausen while waiting in line. Funny thing was the couple giving me crap were in front of me in line. I saw them later and merch had just sold out of posters 5 people in front of them. Sure beat waiting in line for 3 hours to not get a poster! Also very gratifying to see the look on their faces while I'm tailgating with my poster tube sticking out of my backpack. 8-)
    Also, Chicago is notorious for scalpers/flippers. I saw somewhere they started selling merch on Wednesday! Why all the Wrigley posters specifically are fetching so much I will never understand. There had to be tons of Show Editions sold and don't see why they are still going for so much. If you want a poster from the show, do what I did, be patient. I've so far scored the EMEK for $42 and the Munk One for $50. I scored the Dabs Myla mural too but that will never be for sale. I have a pending deal for the Shuss for $100 (crazy cheap!) and I figure I will end up getting the Ames AP at some point. The Show Edition is going for close to what I have seen the AP selling for, that makes no sense to me either!
    Can someone tell me though what the packs of cards were going for at the merch tents? I would like to know because those things are selling like they have signed EV inserts in them and at the end of the day they aren't very frameable and to me are mostly ugly. That might be the jealousy speaking there though...
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    Eddie Vedder @ Chicago Theatre - 6.28.11
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
    Wrigley Field - 7.19 / Pittsburgh - 10.10 / Buffalo - 10.11
    Philadelphia 2 - 10.22 / Portland - 11.29 / Spokane - 11.30
    Amsterdam - 6.16 & 6.17 / Milan - 6.20
  • Options
    supernaut1125supernaut1125 Denver, CO Posts: 255
    Yeah, for the most part. I have seen most Show Editions selling for around $120-140 and have seen the S/N Edition selling (not the $250 ones just sitting there) selling for around $160-190. My friend called me in line on Friday and asked which one would be the one to get. I told him the Crackerjack and he only bought the Munk One. He had the option to get 2 and got 1 poster and 2 shirts. What an idiot! If I wanted to make a profit, I could have gone in line 5x and got 20 posters to turn and sell for 4-6x their value the first week. Just isn't my thing though. I think selling outside the venue in Chicago was a horrible idea. That town is always looking to profit off of someone. Funny thing is the state of Illinois is still broke! :lol:
    RK268484 wrote:
  • Options
    It's ironic to me that someone who has afforded going to 50 PJ concerts has started a thread about the lack of access to a concert poster.
    2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input, whether it be positive or negative. I have been a fan since I met them at their basement studio in Belltown, where I worked a 1/2 a block down. I like their music and go as often as I can. As I said earlier, some of us (me included) did not get there until late Thursday night. I know what we experienced; asking people who had G.A. tix how much they wanted and how they got them. They openly admitted to being 10C members and last time I checked $2,000 bucks is a bit more than face value. As for the posters and memorabilia, believe me I have more than enough from all the shows I have attended. Opening up merch tents 2 days early with literally no limits on purchases until show time was maybe not helpful to me, but maybe I was the only one. Personally, I preferred the CJ poster because it was different, smaller and less costly to frame. The other posters didn't interest me as much. As for e-bay, I try to avoid it because I have what I want for the most part, and it just kills me to see the same people, I won't mention names, want $800.00+ for a poster that I sold them for a fraction of that (Portugal 96') or better yet, tries to sell the same Missoula 98' shirt for 6x more than they bought it for, that I am going to try and trade soon. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to trade say my 98' Maui Mint shirt for the maybe $30.00 I bought it for and $15-20., for a Wrigley poster, like the CJ one for what they paid for it. But that's not the way things work, it's everybody's perception of what they think it's worth. I feel differently, for example I would never sell my 1st ed. signed Kozik PJ/Soundgarden framed poster because I love both bands and it's an awesome piece of art, but if I did.., I would sell it to someone who would appreciate it and for at least $1,000. bucks less than what they go for on e-bay or other sites. It is what it is and as for the people that somewhat agree with the pre-order idea when securing a 10C ticket, thanks. I don't show up for shows days in advance nor enjoy spending my time in long lines.., even when the poster was for my gal who didn't get to go, the lid was for me! It's not about merchandise and/or tickets, it's more of how $ is everything and it's not. So to the last post and to Merkin Ball.., it's about the band, the music, the 10C and the true fan. In spite of everything else and being be my 50th show.., it's about the music/experience! #sorryaboutyouandyourpjcards #whowouldathunk'
    Jeff Goodwin
  • Options
    Hey, I don't disagree that the merchandise situation at Wrigley sucked hard, but I walked by at least 7 or 8 merchandise kiosks between Thursday and Friday, and every one of them had signs limiting poster sales to a 2 poster limit per design per person. It was frustrating to see people walk away with 6 or 8 posters when I couldn't score any outside, (I got a Munk1 inside) but for you to say there were 'literally no limits" simply isn't factual. (I believe there were limits on the baseball cards too? I didn't want any, not my thing, but I'm pretty sure those were also limited to two packs per person)

Furthermore, if it's not about the merchandise, and only about the show & music, why are you starting a thread about how 'disconcerting' the merchandise situation is? It's just stuff, enjoy the music.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,072
    Hey, I don't disagree that the merchandise situation at Wrigley sucked hard, but I walked by at least 7 or 8 merchandise kiosks between Thursday and Friday, and every one of them had signs limiting poster sales to a 2 poster limit per design per person. It was frustrating to see people walk away with 6 or 8 posters when I couldn't score any outside, (I got a Munk1 inside) but for you to say there were 'literally no limits" simply isn't factual. (I believe there were limits on the baseball cards too? I didn't want any, not my thing, but I'm pretty sure those were also limited to two packs per person)

Furthermore, if it's not about the merchandise, and only about the show & music, why are you starting a thread about how 'disconcerting' the merchandise situation is? It's just stuff, enjoy the music.

I agree. Plus how many times has Pearl Jam EVER had 3 day's to sell merchandise for one single show? Every show they do the merchandise tables would be open just a few hours before the day of the show. That's it.

Next time PJ play's another HUGE event they should ..

A.) Day of the show is the only time you buy merchandise. Not 2 day's or 3 day's. 1 day. If it's a bigger arena they are playing with lots of folks, open earlier and add more tables.

B.) Hire better folks to run the PJ merchandise tables. Hearing way to many stories of people picking up more then the 1-2 poster limit. Doesn't make any sense. There needs to be better security and smart people selling PJ merchandise.

C.) Ever time a fan purchases a poster @ the merchandise table, they need to show their ticket stub to the merchandise clerk. He/she will get their ticket punch holed once. 1 poster per ticket. So the next time the fan goes to another merchandise table to try to purchase a print, they won't be able. IMO, they should try this out. Just once.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Yeah, for the most part. I have seen most Show Editions selling for around $120-140 and have seen the S/N Edition selling (not the $250 ones just sitting there) selling for around $160-190. My friend called me in line on Friday and asked which one would be the one to get. I told him the Crackerjack and he only bought the Munk One. He had the option to get 2 and got 1 poster and 2 shirts. What an idiot! If I wanted to make a profit, I could have gone in line 5x and got 20 posters to turn and sell for 4-6x their value the first week. Just isn't my thing though. I think selling outside the venue in Chicago was a horrible idea. That town is always looking to profit off of someone. Funny thing is the state of Illinois is still broke! :lol:
    RK268484 wrote:

The AP is still well higher than the show edition. I haven't seen an AP go for less than $170 since the first week and most are at or over $200 with the average being $190. The show editions started out WAY high in the beginning, that's why their average is even close to $130....3 of the last 4 have been less than $100!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    Agreed, I like the idea of having to show your 10C ticket. Anyway, looking forward to the new music and tour. Catch you on the road. Rock on and all the best, j.
    Jeff Goodwin
  • Options
    I choose to focus on the positives and not the negatives.

I'm looking forward to the new album and the Fall Tour...specifically Phoenix in November as it's the concert I'll be attending. :D

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,306
    atleast alot of us try to keep tickets prices face falue at the forum..its a win..

cos with merch?..the same people want and support face value at tix,has no pro with flipping at posters and all that crap..its really strange..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”