Options

Peanut butter cups

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    Lizard wrote:
    deadly....

516PgoqEOhL.01._SR300,300_.jpg

That stuff is awesome...there is self control needed when starting to eat this stuff or half the container could be gone :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    deadly....

516PgoqEOhL.01._SR300,300_.jpg

That stuff is awesome...there is self control needed when starting to eat this stuff or half the container could be gone :lol:

My daughter just loves this !!! I only buy it every so often... :P
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I love Reese's of all sizes, but the eggs that they roll out for Easter are the best.

Walmart's off brand is actually pretty solid, too.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    DewieCox wrote:
    I love Reese's of all sizes, but the eggs that they roll out for Easter are the best.

Yeah, the eggs are the best. Same stuff, different shape, way better. :?
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    mca47 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

I just had this conversation at lunch. We think maybe the eggs are better because they're fresher - made jet at Easter, so they can't be on the shelves for months. I also love dark choco pb cups from Newman's Own. Yum.

Lisa, maybe someday you'll come around. ;)
    I win.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

I just had this conversation at lunch. We think maybe the eggs are better because they're fresher - made jet at Easter, so they can't be on the shelves for months. I also love dark choco pb cups from Newman's Own. Yum.

I always assumed it's just a matter of the ratio of chocolate to peanut butter. The eggs have more peanut butter vs chocolate than the cups, don't they? I would assume that's what makes them better!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I always assumed it's just a matter of the ratio of chocolate to peanut butter. The eggs have more peanut butter vs chocolate than the cups, don't they? I would assume that's what makes them better!

That's subjective
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

That's subjective
    That's what makes them better is some people's opinion!

:roll: :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

That's subjective
    That's what makes them better is some people's opinion!

:roll: :P

Well, if we were talking quality, that would be a different story.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    They are up there as one of my favorite things.

PB + chocolate = best combination ever. Now I want one :twisted:
    ...good thing my roommate made peanut butter nutella cookies :D:D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Fuck yeah

white-chocolate-peanut-butter-cups.jpg
    The white chocolate ones look awesome!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    hgpjam11 wrote:

I wouldn't count on that, but you never know. Right now, that combo is grossing me out :shifty:
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    hgpjam11 wrote:

I wouldn't count on that, but you never know. Right now, that combo is grossing me out :shifty:

Would you prefer Hippos?

2625704892_9c98ea6a7c.jpg?v=0
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    Caveeze wrote:
    White Chocolate? that sucks man!

I am a purist..

I like the peanut butter snickers too
    the minis are by far thee best reese cups. Perfected ratio of chocolate to peanut butter, and oh so soft. fucking awesome and I dont even smoke pot anymore,
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    I guess Reese's has a pb egg the size of an ostrich egg.
    the eggs arent the same at all. Never did like them.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    The Reese's pieces sundaeor the Reese's peanut butter cup sunday from Friendly's is Fucking awesome. Vanilla Ice Cream, Fudge Topping, Peanut Sauce & Reese's Pieces Candy/or Reese's cups. I can do without that much Fudge but man does that hit the spot when I have the, ummmm, "munchies" :lol: . It just sucks that a) there is no Friendly's close to where I live and b) I am in Afghanistan so no sundae until I get home and go visit my family in NJ. :(

When you get back, come up to Massachusetts and I will buy you as many of these sundaes as you can eat. No lie too. :)

Tis my wife's favorite place but they closing all around us...but there are some still around.

Oh and true story, my company makes the friendly's hot fudge so buy buy buy lol
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Would you prefer Hippos?

wtf is that?
    I win.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Fucking Amazing
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Would you prefer Hippos?

wtf is that?

I love Hippos! Do they sell them in America?
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Would you prefer Hippos?

wtf is that?

Kinder, German Chocolate! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Chocolate
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Would you prefer Hippos?

wtf is that?

I love Hippos! Do they sell them in America?

They do in New York!, if you ever get a craving let me know and i'll ship ya some.
  • Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    Would you prefer Hippos?

wtf is that?

Kinder, German Chocolate! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Chocolate
    Those Bueno Kinder things are delicious. Chocolate + hazelnut cream = mmmmmmm
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer BJ! I'll try to find them here, they might have some of that stuff in the Polish market - it's full of German products :D My favourite source of groceries besides the Amish :lol:

I don't usually have a big sweet tooth and the Kinder stuff is good, but sometimes I find it a tad too sweet and milky. The Hippos are awesome though because of the wafers and the nut cream inside... My fave choc if I have a chocolate craving is Lindor by Lindt. It comes in balls, pieces, eggs or a bar. It's superb chocolate filled with a very smooth, creamy chocolate filling with a slight caramelly flavour. They have different choc types, I prefer the dark dark in the black packing or the dark one in the blue packing. If I would still smoke pot, I would go for the red one and put Nutella on it :oops: :lol:

tumblr_lo203vtxgk1qdawvwo1_500.jpg
    lindt-lindor-60-cacao-dark-choco_1259085093_LRG.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer BJ! I'll try to find them here, they might have some of that stuff in the Polish market - it's full of German products :D My favourite source of groceries besides the Amish :lol:

I don't usually have a big sweet tooth and the Kinder stuff is good, but sometimes I find it a tad too sweet and milky. The Hippos are awesome though because of the wafers and the nut cream inside... My fave choc if I have a chocolate craving is Lindor by Lindt. It comes in balls, pieces, eggs or a bar. It's superb chocolate filled with a very smooth, creamy chocolate filling with a slight caramelly flavour. They have different choc types, I prefer the dark dark in the black packing or the dark one in the blue packing. If I would still smoke pot, I would go for the red one and put Nutella on it :oops: :lol:

tumblr_lo203vtxgk1qdawvwo1_500.jpg
    lindt-lindor-60-cacao-dark-choco_1259085093_LRG.jpg
    Lindor is absolutely the best! I love those creamy truffley ball things. :D The milk hazelnut ones are my fave!
    Cannot stand a high percent cocao chocolate like you Europeans tend to though. I know a lot of folks from Europe like the 75%+ stuff. Blech!! So bitter!
  • Options
    Milk hazelnut :think: Never had those, I gotta try!

I prefer it a little darker cause I cannot stand it when stuff is too sweet. And it's so good when you dip it in hot coffee 8-) I need to balance the sweet filling in the Lindor with something a little rougher, otherwise I would get sick. I'm coming from a family where people demand a liverwurst sandwich after heavy butter cream cakes :lol: To each their own :corn:
  • Options

I prefer it a little darker cause I cannot stand it when stuff is too sweet. And it's so good when you dip it in hot coffee 8-) I need to balance the sweet filling in the Lindor with something a little rougher, otherwise I would get sick. I'm coming from a family where people demand a liverwurst sandwich after heavy butter cream cakes :lol: To each their own :corn:
    Liverwurst is also delicious!! :)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I love it! We found some in a jar in the Polish market last weekend, and I'm slowly eating my way through it :lol: My breakfast today was liverwurst on homemade bread with slices of my homemade mustard cukes and horseradish. Yummmm ...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I love it! We found some in a jar in the Polish market last weekend, and I'm slowly eating my way through it :lol: My breakfast today was liverwurst on homemade bread with slices of my homemade mustard cukes and horseradish. Yummmm ...
    That sounds fantastic!
  • Options
    Needs peanut butter
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    this thread is derailing

back to discussing peanut butter cups people !!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2