Options

Which hotel to stay at in L.A??

PJFreakPJFreak Vancouver, BC Posts: 59
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Hi there

Just wondering where everyone is staying in L.A? I'm coming from Vancouver, B.C and I'm not sure if I should stay downtown or Hollywood??

Any recommendations?

Thank you.
He who forgets, will be destined to remember :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I'm going to LA for the USC/Ohio St. game in September. I'm staying at The Standard in Hollywood. It looks pretty cool, but I have to admit I chose it because it was mentioned in a Klosterman book.

I did hear though that downtown is rough and not to stay there if you don't have to..but I don't know I've never been there
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I'm going to LA for the USC/Ohio St. game in September. I'm staying at The Standard in Hollywood. It looks pretty cool, but I have to admit I chose it because it was mentioned in a Klosterman book.

I did hear though that downtown is rough and not to stay there if you don't have to..but I don't know I've never been there

Thats a cool hotel, righ on the sunset strip, so you can walk to a bunch of clubs/restaurants/music venues.

Downtown has changed quite a bit, much like downtown Cleveland changed in the 90s (Area near the Jake/Q, etc)....there are more and more people living downtown now, so it is not as dangerous.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Thats a cool hotel, righ on the sunset strip, so you can walk to a bunch of clubs/restaurants/music venues.

Downtown has changed quite a bit, much like downtown Cleveland changed in the 90s (Area near the Jake/Q, etc)....there are more and more people living downtown now, so it is not as dangerous.

Yeah I heard downtown has gotten nicer. I wouldn't have any way of judging it because I've never been there. I was told though to stay in Hollywood if it's your first time because you get to see and do the things you associate with LA from what you read and see on TV.
  • Options
    PJFreak wrote:
    Hi there

Just wondering where everyone is staying in L.A? I'm coming from Vancouver, B.C and I'm not sure if I should stay downtown or Hollywood??

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

How much dough are you ok with per night?
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Yeah I heard downtown has gotten nicer. I wouldn't have any way of judging it because I've never been there. I was told though to stay in Hollywood if it's your first time because you get to see and do the things you associate with LA from what you read and see on TV.

Do you know if OSU will be selling tix to non seasonticket holders for the SC game?
  • Options
    PJFreakPJFreak Vancouver, BC Posts: 59
    Under $150 per night... how far of a drive is The Wiltern from downtown or Hollywood??
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Do you know if OSU will be selling tix to non seasonticket holders for the SC game?

Yeah. What they do is they take the number of tickets they get and sell 70% to season ticket holders and 30%(and whatever is left of the season ticket holder tickets..which in this case would probably be none) and sell them to student and alumni via a lottery system.

I am in the process of doing something shady for my tickets. I got 2 tickets from one of OSU's coaches, and told my dad I needed 2 (he is a season ticket holder). So just in case one falls through I still have 2 tickets. I'll just sell my other 2 if I end up with all 4
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    If you're coming in for the EV shows, we have a block of rooms at the Ramada on Wilshire...we've got 10 rooms there now. IF you're interested, PM me and I'll give you details...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Yeah. What they do is they take the number of tickets they get and sell 70% to season ticket holders and 30%(and whatever is left of the season ticket holder tickets..which in this case would probably be none) and sell them to student and alumni via a lottery system.

I am in the process of doing something shady for my tickets. I got 2 tickets from one of OSU's coaches, and told my dad I needed 2 (he is a season ticket holder). So just in case one falls through I still have 2 tickets. I'll just sell my other 2 if I end up with all 4

Nothing wrong with covering all the bases!

I am actually a Cleveland/Ohio fan (Tribe/Browns/OSU) so if you get the extra pair, can I have a shot at buying them? I will repay the favor with hooking you up with something cool in L.A....a game, concert, etc.
  • Options
    PJFreak wrote:
    Under $150 per night... how far of a drive is The Wiltern from downtown or Hollywood??

The Wiltern is south of Hollywood, perhaps 4 or 5 miles.

The Wiltern borders the western outskirts of downtown, so maybe 3 miles away.

What else were u gonna do in L.A.?

That will allow me to think of a good place to stay.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Nothing wrong with covering all the bases!

I am actually a Cleveland/Ohio fan (Tribe/Browns/OSU) so if you get the extra pair, can I have a shot at buying them? I will repay the favor with hooking you up with something cool in L.A....a game, concert, etc.

I sent you a PM