I think some of my friends are brain damaged

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
At the age of 48 they decide its time for a full time job?
With medical and dental.
At the age of 48 they have come to this conclusion?

And No I am not going to put in a good word for you at my company.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I am pretty sure they are NOT looking for any 50 year olds with NO work history.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• well they are YOUR friends :lol:
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I have a friend who is 41, has never had a full time job and STILL LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS.

As far as I know, he has no plans to ever change either of these situations.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Sure. I'll hand in your resume. (Inserts directly into shredder)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    how have they supported themselves all this time, speedy?

wealthy parents?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JTH wrote:
    I have a friend who is 41, has never had a full time job and STILL LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS.

As far as I know, he has no plans to ever change either of these situations.
    And why should he?
    Not knowing the situation, obviously.

But Mom and Dad allowed this to happen, right?
    Why would he leave?

Again I realize I have NO IDEA what the situation is.

I also know a few people in this same situation.
    It is, in my eyes, SO FUCKING BIZARRE!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Good Karma!
    And why should he?
    Not knowing the situation, obviously.

But Mom and Dad allowed this to happen, right?
    Why would he leave?

Again I realize I have NO IDEA what the situation is.

I also know a few people in this same situation.
    It is, in my eyes, SO FUCKING BIZARRE!!!!
    You're pretty much right on the money. They have a very nice house (in one of the Barringtons) and he's more than happy to live there basically rent-free. and if you don't have to pay rent or support a family, why would you need full-time employment, right?

and honestly, they probably won't admit it but I bet they're happy to have him there because the house is FUCKING HUGE and it's way more space than two older folks can possibly need.
    fuck... my parents done the opposite with us kids. we had to work or else get our asses in trouble. after our folks got divorced my weekly salary from working at a mexican restaurant (& future jobs until we all grew up some) went to my mom who was struggling to raise three boys, attend full time college & work two jobs. my friends never understood how i didn't have a pay check when i worked every evening/night. well fuck, i was helping feed my little brothers & keep the lights on.

i then later discovered one could sell grass to buy food; chocolate milk & pizza never tasted so good

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

fuck,SPEEDY puts out the best threads ever..cant forget the fishing forum one.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    fuck bills and self respect...i'm moving back in with my Mom!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    what do these people do all day?
    I never moved out of the house, my parents took the house and left me! :evil:

and at the tender age of 22, i would have stayed another 5 years at least :lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I never moved out of the house, my parents took the house and left me! :evil:

and at the tender age of 22, i would have stayed another 5 years at least :lol:

Its really not a bad idea to live with family for a bit longer than usual... so many of us are in a rush to get out and get bogged down by bills. I, personally, had to escape because my folks drove me crazy. In recent years they've offered to give me their paid off house in Boca Raton, but I turn it down every time because Boca Raton sucks.

I have a friend who lived with his folks until he was 30, but he saved every penny. He had nearly 250K and decided to open a restaurant. the restaurant tanked and he lost it all. :fp:

But then there are others who sponge, and thats not good. There are a lot of them in south florida...kids whose parents are rich but they never cut 'em loose... they just suffer in the long run.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I, personally, had to escape because my folks drove me crazy.
    I lived with my parents for about the first 8 months after I graduated from college then I moved out. After about a year and a half, I had to move back in with them for about a month. I'm not kidding at all when I say that month was the most miserable I've ever been in my life.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    JTH wrote:
    and honestly, they probably won't admit it but I bet they're happy to have him there because the house is FUCKING HUGE and it's way more space than two older folks can possibly need.
    Well, that explains everything! He can't go to work because he's got to take care of them. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    JTH wrote:
    I, personally, had to escape because my folks drove me crazy.
    I lived with my parents for about the first 8 months after I graduated from college then I moved out. After about a year and a half, I had to move back in with them for about a month. I'm not kidding at all when I say that month was the most miserable I've ever been in my life.

I did the Room mate route for the first year. NEVER AGAIN! i dont care if i have to eat paint chips to survive.
  • I must have really cool parents.. The one time I had to move back home, it was lovely! But I could never just live off of them! That would make me a total shithead. I can't fathom having never left home.
    just because they are your parents doesn't mean they flip the bills. fuck that. 50/50

if living at home
    half the food bill
    half the electric bill
    half the house payment/rent
    half the water bill
    half the trash pick up
    half half half

"you are a grown ass man, pay the fucking bills you little man you" - chad (on adults who mooch off their folks)
    ever slap your brain damaged friends around, speedy?

now cut the fucking grass before i get home from work you teenage acting little shit

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I must have really cool parents.. The one time I had to move back home, it was lovely! But I could never just live off of them! That would make me a total shithead. I can't fathom having never left home.
    I lived with each of my parents off and on when they divorced. At 20-ish, I lived with my dad for several years and wouldn't trade that time for anything. Having a good relationship helped, but I paid him rent, helped with cleaning, cooking, etc. And the icing on the cake was being able to live independently of each other but still having precious quality time under the same roof.

At 26 though, it was time to move on and buy my own place. All has worked out well.

(by the way, Speedy...just how many of these brain-damaged friends do you have?)
    hedonist wrote:
    I must have really cool parents.. The one time I had to move back home, it was lovely! But I could never just live off of them! That would make me a total shithead. I can't fathom having never left home.
    I lived with each of my parents off and on when they divorced. At 20-ish, I lived with my dad for several years and wouldn't trade that time for anything. Having a good relationship helped, but I paid him rent, helped with cleaning, cooking, etc. And the icing on the cake was being able to live independently of each other but still having precious quality time under the same roof.

At 26 though, it was time to move on and buy my own place. All has worked out well.

(by the way, Speedy...just how many of these brain-damaged friends do you have?)
    correct, hedonist... loving times are precious

i lived w/ dad & we thrived sharing responcibilities. then one day after work i walked into the house & found him dead on the couch

we had precious times

when i drove cross country & was gone weeks or nearly a month at a time i had mom live w/ me. sure i only saw her a couple days every few weeks. someone was looking after the house & she had a place to stay. she's only had a spinal injury & cancer now three times.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Don't get me wrong, I paid rent, my third of utilities, and food. And yes we had independent lives, but they were respectful of my space and I of theirs. I just could never imagine not having left home. I've had so many awesome adventures while living in my own.
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    chadwick wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

i lived w/ dad & we thrived sharing responcibilities. then one day after work i walked into the house & found him dead on the couch

we had precious times

when i drove cross country & was gone weeks or nearly a month at a time i had mom live w/ me. sure i only saw her a couple days every few weeks. someone was looking after the house & she had a place to stay. she's only had a spinal injury & cancer now three times.
    Wow Chadwick - good for you for helping out your Mom and sharing some beloved time with your Dad. But what a hard thing to find your Dad and having your Mom be so sick. That must have been really rough. I am sure they were grateful to have such a caring son.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    chadwick wrote:

we had precious times

Wow Chadwick - good for you for helping out your Mom and sharing some beloved time with your Dad. But what a hard thing to find your Dad and having your Mom be so sick. That must have been really rough. I am sure they were grateful to have such a caring son.
    Agreed.

And whispering hands, I hear you!
    finding dad lifeless on the sofa was the worst experience i've ever had to climb out of. a deep & dark whirl wind, a tornado took me under & instantly sucked me away behind a black curtain hundreds of feet under

exactly like a well

i had no idea what was going on for roughly 3 months time. it took 6 months to stop crying. it took a good year or longer to be farely ok.

dad taught us to work hard from childhood. dad's dad was a wwII guy. there was no fucking around

and now mom has yet another cancer starting in on her. multiple myeloma: cancer cells start in the plasma in bone marrow. this is her 3rd go 'round w/ cancer. breast, kidney & now this

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    chadwick wrote:
    finding dad lifeless on the sofa was the worst experience i've ever had to climb out of. a deep & dark whirl wind, a tornado took me under & instantly sucked me away behind a black curtain hundreds of feet under

exactly like a well

i had no idea what was going on for roughly 3 months time. it took 6 months to stop crying. it took a good year or longer to be farely ok.

dad taught us to work hard from childhood. dad's dad was a wwII guy. there was no fucking around

and now mom has yet another cancer starting in on her. multiple myeloma: cancer cells start in the plasma in bone marrow. this is her 3rd go 'round w/ cancer. breast, kidney & now this
    "sometimes life don't leave you alone." That line really hits home some days. I don't know why cancer hits some people and some families so hard. It has been a long time, but I used to care for folks with cancer -- for a few years, I administered chemotherapy and cared for people during the recovery from that. If there is anything I can help with send a pm. And take care of yourself, it is a long road that you walk - your Mom will need your strength as well.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    At the age of 48 they decide its time for a full time job?
    With medical and dental.
    At the age of 48 they have come to this conclusion?
    Are you friends with my babies daddy???

Just kidding. He's only 42 :fp:

His sugar mama went into federal penn last year and their house went into foreclosure so he HAD to get a legit job. (legit= no more selling dope or doing odd construction jobs for cash)

:fp: :fp: :fp: :lol::lol::lol: