Those With Toronto 1 in FLAC!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Jammin2PearlJammin2Pearl Posts: 266
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Can someone please send me Severed Hand? I downloaded it and something got fucked up...everything else is working fine...I went to both Toronto Shows and if Im missing the first song of the first show, that would drive me fucking crazy...

Please PM me, thanks!!.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    email basecamp -- they will add the song for you. It is 32MB -- thats too big for an email.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Jammin2PearlJammin2Pearl Posts: 266
    Songburst wrote:
    email basecamp -- they will add the song for you. It is 32MB -- thats too big for an email.

How long do you think it would take Basecamp to add it?

PPl were emailing the Leak of the album and those songs were more then 32 MB if anyone can help me out it will be much appreciated...

Thanks..
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    no problem. contact basecamp. they'll put the wolf on it.
    OK, I emailed Basecamp...Fingers Crossed...

Thanks ppl

I must say, everything that is working sounds fucking fantastic!!
    I had trouble with a song or two in 2005 and they added them to my account within the hour. Hopefully someone is watching the mail pour in tonight.
    Basecamp has not re-added that song, or even emailed me back, if someone doesnt mind emailing it, please PM me..thanks, I really appreciate it!!
    Basecamp has not re-added that song, or even emailed me back, if someone doesnt mind emailing it, please PM me..thanks, I really appreciate it!!

check your PMs
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I can send it to you. What's your msn or aim?
  • RaiderFanRaiderFan Posts: 8
    Going to purchase the Toronto 1 show (May.9) and was just wondering, if I download the FLAC version and want it on CD, I would have to convert it to WAV anyways correct???? So why bother with the FLAC? Might as well just pay less and download in mp3.

Will converting the FLAC file to be played on a CD reduce the quality???

I've only used FLAC once, and honestly, couldn't really tell the difference from MP3.
  • magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    There's been much posted already on the topid, but quick breakdown. . .

Converting FLAC to WAV is simply decoding. No quality loss. WAV to FLAC . . . re-encoding. No quality loss.

MP3 to WAV . . . quality loss already due to MP3. WAV to MP3 again (ripping CD). Even more quality loss.

If you feel like trading boots ever, get FLAC. Most traders will only trade lossless sources.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,155
    RaiderFan wrote:
    Going to purchase the Toronto 1 show (May.9) and was just wondering, if I download the FLAC version and want it on CD, I would have to convert it to WAV anyways correct???? So why bother with the FLAC? Might as well just pay less and download in mp3.

Will converting the FLAC file to be played on a CD reduce the quality???

I've only used FLAC once, and honestly, couldn't really tell the difference from MP3.

you don't have to convert the flac to wav to burn to audio cd. i don't. if you have the burning software NERO (and there's many other softwares aswell) that has the flac plugin already installed. so as you drag say the .wav files to burn to audio cd, you can just drag the .flac files to burn to audio cd.

the newer NERO software already has the .flac plugin installed, the older models you have to find the plugins, which isn't hard to find.

for trading purposes .. down the road ... flac is the way to go. don't go for mp3's. once you get onboard the pearl jam trading/b+p'ing community ... or any non-pj trading forums ... trading mp3's .. is a big NO NO. flac is the way to go.

more info on flacs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flac
    it's worth it :)