Options

Philly Fans vs New York Fans - Who's Better?

2»

Comments

• Options
    NY Sucks!

Where is Delaware anyway?
    "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives"--Ed
  • Options
    The only thing I'll say about Philly is this. Three times I have been around Philly PJ fans at PJ concerts. How do I know they were from Philly? Now I don't know if it was coincidence or just really bad luck, but all 3 times I heard groups of men chanting the Philadelphia Eagles fight song followed by a calculated plot to rush the stage and knock over anyone in their way once the first note was struck. I've seen PJ in the Philly area 3 times and every time ....this is what I witnessed. Little girls getting thrown to the side by brute Philly assholes with wife-beater tank tops and baseball hats with the brims shaped in a V fashion.
    Not to mention the absolute filth outside the Philly venues.....
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    The only thing I'll say about Philly is this. Three times I have been around Philly PJ fans at PJ concerts. How do I know they were from Philly? Now I don't know if it was coincidence or just really bad luck, but all 3 times I heard groups of men chanting the Philadelphia Eagles fight song followed by a calculated plot to rush the stage and knock over anyone in their way once the first note was struck. I've seen PJ in the Philly area 3 times and every time ....this is what I witnessed. Little girls getting thrown to the side by brute Philly assholes with wife-beater tank tops and baseball hats with the brims shaped in a V fashion.
    Not to mention the absolute filth outside the Philly venues.....

This little story is total bullshit with the exception of the filthy parking lots.
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    Y?

I'm from Philly and saw them a few times here, and the fans are amazing. I'm on my way up to New York and heard they fans there are pretty awesome as well... I was just curious... what city has better fans?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I never went to show in NY.

I always wondered why they always played in Camden. I went to 2 shows this year and I see why. The venue is actually really nice, and the crowd was very impressive. The crowd was much more into it than any show I have been to.
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    Me, I am the better fan

If I learned anything from Kung Fu Panda is that I am the secret :)

Enlightenment is great!
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Where is Delaware anyway?

hey now, watch it......lol
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    This little story is total bullshit with the exception of the filthy parking lots.

Of course you think it's bullshit....you're from whyyoupissing,PA!
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    North Carolina. Hahahahahaha :)

I had a GREAT time with the fans in Philly, but haven't been to NYC. Aren't we the same everywhere?
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    philly fans are more animated than NYers
    who, in my experience, are more demanding.

But it sure seems like there are more a-holes at the philly shows
  • Options
    Everybody knows Boston is the boys home away from home. Sorry, but its true.

...thats why theres more shows here, bigger and louder crowds...oh yeah and they played Leash for us, as well as their whole collection in 3 days...
    ...31 shows and counting...
  • Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    I'm from Philly and saw them a few times here, and the fans are amazing. I'm on my way up to New York and heard they fans there are pretty awesome as well... I was just curious... what city has better fans?

PHILLY FANS HANDS DOWN!!!
  • Options
    I am from NY but live in Philly area...I have been to about 30 shows - all east coast...and I think PJ crowds are the best...but...there is just something special about the Camden/Philly shows....I don't think they can be beat!! (Esp. the Spectrum!!!)
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    I can honestly say that the best fans are Pearl Jam fans.;)Does it really matter where you're from?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I never went to show in NY.

I always wondered why they always played in Camden. I went to 2 shows this year and I see why. The venue is actually really nice, and the crowd was very impressive. The crowd was much more into it than any show I have been to.

mostly they play Camden because it holds 25,000 - the largest non-festival venue they can play in the US I think. (is alpine valley 25k or more?). 2 nights there is some serious cash. unfortunately because it holds 25,000 you also get the crowd that is there just to party (i'll won't complain too much about the younger crowd because we were all there once). i've found pretty much any show in Camden attracts that element.
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 398
    I have seen PJ about 13 - 14 times in the Philly area (including AC and Reading, PA). My experience is that the crowds are always great. I have only been to one show out of the area and that was VA Beach '00 right after the Denmark tragedy. While that was a great show and legendary given the circumstances, I thought the crowd was weak compared to Philly. Energy level was nowhere close, at least on the lawn but I guess that could also be attributed to the rainy weather for part of the night.

I have never seen an NYC show but my brother has and says MSG is amazing. I'm sure it is. It has to be.

I will say this...the best crowd (not just specific to concerts, but including sporting events like Yankees playoff games and Eagles v. Falcons NFC championship in Philly) I have ever been a part of was Philly Spectrum 2003. It was RIDICULOUS and you could tell the band was in complete awe. The reason Philly crowds are not spectacular more often is b/c they always play the Susquehanna Bank Center (formerly tweeter center, e-centre, etc.) in Camden and it can be a shitty venue depending on where you're sitting.

When I have seen them in the Tenclub seats, that venue is great! The lawn can really suck though. The sound is nowhere near as clear and powerful as it is up close. The lawn also tends to be filled with drunks or people that just came to hear Alive, Betterman, and Even Flow, so the energy can lack for long periods of time when they're not playing hits.

All in all, the Philly vs. NY debate is pretty simple. They're both great, intermingled with one another, and can be spectacular depending on where they play.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"