Options

Smart Canadians................:) pt 2 of 1.....

edited August 2013 in A Moving Train
Report this postReply with quoteStupid Canadians
by lukin2006 » 29 Aug 2013 08:07

Canadians split on letting governments read email: Poll

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013 ... _poll.html

Who in their right mind would find that acceptable ... except stupid, dumbed down indoctrinated people. Wake the fuck up people, the government has no right to reading emails, listening to phone conversations of citizens.
lukin2006

Private messageE-mailTop

Edit postReport this postReply with quoteRe: Stupid Canadians
by even flow - question mark » 29 Aug 2013 08:37

I am one who thinks they are reading them anyway.

Too bad the poll thingy isn't still on this site. You could have a poll to see if the people on this board think their emails are being read all the time, scanned when certain words are used, or if the gov't does not give two hoots about emails. Snowden put the kibosh on the last option.

That is why it is fun to use words like terror, terroist, Al-Quaida, bomb and a whole other assortment of goodies to fuck with the minds of those who watch. Would make them look pretty stupid if they came to my house and as they were there, something really bad was happening cause they were monitoring the wrong person. If you get my drift.
even flow - question mark

Private messageTop
Report this postReply with quoteRe: Stupid Canadians
by sparky_fry » 29 Aug 2013 09:24

You are taking this poll way to seriously. "acceptable in some circumstances" is a really vague question. I consider phone tapping to catch a potential pedafile completely fine. I can't imagine that 47% want the government reading everyones e-mails (only 4% said completely acceptable). If the person is involved in an investigation or is a potential suspect i think is where it can be a little gray and can be acceptable is some circumstances.
sparky_fry

Private messageE-mailTop

by lando » 29 Aug 2013 09:26

Typical ignorant American, believes everything the media reports.
lando

Private messageE-mailTop

by lukin2006 » 29 Aug 2013 09:27

even flow - question mark wrote:
I am one who thinks they are reading them anyway.

Too bad the poll thingy isn't still on this site. You could have a poll to see if the people on this board think their emails are being read all the time, scanned when certain words are used, or if the gov't does not give two hoots about emails. Snowden put the kibosh on the last option.

That is why it is fun to use words like terror, terroist, Al-Quaida, bomb and a whole other assortment of goodies to fuck with the minds of those who watch. Would make them look pretty stupid if they came to my house and as they were there, something really bad was happening cause they were monitoring the wrong person. If you get my drift.

I get your drift ... I am one who thinks our government has spent a lot of money on figuring out how to dumb down the education system so it makes it easier for the government gets away with this shit.

And your right they are reading them ... and the government is definitely sitting around saying "that lukin whats wrong with him, he very seldom emails, uses text or make phone calls" I'm more of a face to face person. I don't mind posting here I feel that the 10 club protects our privacy or at least I hope.

And i don't mind the membership fees as long as this site remains ad free.
lukin2006

Private messageE-mailTop

by lukin2006 » 29 Aug 2013 09:29

lando wrote:
Typical ignorant American, believes everything the media reports.
Except I'm not American, and I'm not ignorant ... maybe your ignorant ... consider I clearly state where I'm from and have never hidden the fact that I'm Canadian.
lukin2006

Private messageE-mailTop

by lukin2006 » 29 Aug 2013 09:31

sparky_fry wrote:
You are taking this poll way to seriously. "acceptable in some circumstances" is a really vague question. I consider phone tapping to catch a potential pedafile completely fine. I can't imagine that 47% want the government reading everyones e-mails (only 4% said completely acceptable). If the person is involved in an investigation or is a potential suspect i think is where it can be a little gray and can be acceptable is some circumstances.

except in the case of the government it does't stop there ... the government is great at over stepping. Some of you have way to much faith in the our government doing the right thing.
lukin2006

Private messageE-mailTop

by sparky_fry » 29 Aug 2013 09:35

lukin2006 wrote:
sparky_fry wrote:

except in the case of the government it does't stop there ... the government is great at over stepping. Some of you have way to much faith in the our government doing the right thing.

I totally agree with you, They'll just keep pushing the boundary. I was just shedding some light on where the high 47% is coming from and that "acceptable in some circumstances" is pretty vague.
sparky_fry

Private messageE-mailTop

by Walking the miles » 29 Aug 2013 10:01

We are losing more privacy rights by the day and most do not take notice at all, or care. Most don't look to the, not to far, distant future to see where this leads. I work in downtown Toronto, and find it interesting that most, if not all, the surveillance cameras that were put up for the G20 in Toronto are still up, and I'm sure running. The previous generations would not have allowed this. I worry what my children's generation will stand Idly by for.

"What is past is prologue" - Shakespeare

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of men." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Walking the miles

Private messageE-mailTop

by polaris_x » 29 Aug 2013 10:21

Walking the miles wrote:
We are losing more privacy rights by the day and most do not take notice at all, or care. Most don't look to the, not to far, distant future to see where this leads. I work in downtown Toronto, and find it interesting that most, if not all, the surveillance cameras that were put up for the G20 in Toronto are still up, and I'm sure running. The previous generations would not have allowed this. I worry what my children's generation will stand Idly by for.

"What is past is prologue" - Shakespeare

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of men." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

cameras in public places are not so much of a concern to me ... i think there just simply needs to be a clear distinction of what is private material and what is public and then allow the people to decide accordingly ...
polaris_x

Private messageE-mail

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    So I just wanted to comment on what Polaris has said about the cameras......

I don't really have a problem with cameras being used as if you are just walking by and they catch you on camera being a human, well I don't think they have too much on you, unless they have some way of identifying you from your eye colour or features on your face. Of which you would have had to submit to some entity for them to know who you are.

And when those black bloc or whatever their name was were wrecking Toronto, it was not a camera that was their demise it was people who cared about the city, who were there protesting peacefully, who followed the tools and identified them after they changed.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    IBTL
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Too much big brother in our society anymore.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    My fav from the original was someone calling a Canadian a "typical arrogant American". Nice.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    beating-a-dead-horse-2.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Canada for the win.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    A locked thread cannot be reopened or a new topic made without talking to a mod first. There are many reasons for closing something so it needs to be discussed first. Thanks.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.