Thought it would feel ok....

sleeplikeadogsleeplikeadog Posts: 156
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
But it doesn't.

Split up with my sons dad, and I thought I would be happier, and in some ways I am, but I can't help but feel lonely and sad. I don't think I've ever truly had to be alone in my whole life, and I'm 31. This is new and different, haha. My son is with his dad and I seriously feel alone.
Walking is still honest
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    But it doesn't.

Split up with my sons dad, and I thought I would be happier, and in some ways I am, but I can't help but feel lonely and sad. I don't think I've ever truly had to be alone in my whole life, and I'm 31. This is new and different, haha. My son is with his dad and I seriously feel alone.

Loneliness is a horrible feeling. Lucky for you you are not alone! How many others in this world are feeling the same way you are at this exact moment? I couldn't even imagine a guess.

Being alone, however, can do wonderful things for a confused soul. Only you know if this was the right decision...I hope for your son's sake that you and dad can be civil towards each other.

Put on some Pearl Jam- you know that always helps...don't listen to me, I've been awake for too long. I wish you the best!
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i hope soon will feel better..
    if u need anything or even just talk and i can help pm me..

all the best
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    But it doesn't.

It is understandable that you are feeling sad and lonely; you are embarking into new and unfamiliar territory. You may feel this way for a while, but then it will get better. Hang in there.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Well you've got your son, so you never really will be alone again. Trust me I got three :lol: .. It sucks to not have him around (I mean your son) but it's a good time to figure out YOU.. and what makes you happy. Try things you never have.

Start with one thing.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    But it doesn't.

I'm sorry you feel so alone. Right now a part of you is grieving the loss of a relationship and the possible break up of your family. But remember that you and your Ex will always be parents to your son. Reach out to family and friends for support and help during this time of transition.

Wishing you all the best !!!! :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    I like being alone. I had a boyfriend move in about a year ago. Thinking now... maybe I would be better off alone.