Ha - boob

oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2 ... m/2705461/PHOENIX-ARIZONA-DUST-STORM-PHOTOS-VIDEO.jpgdust%20storm%20haboob%202.JPG

Has anyone survived one of these? They look horrific.
And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,675
    that looks just crazy :o
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Well I'll admit to my lack of knowledge and immaturity for entering this Thread.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Apparently they are more common during monsoon season, so does that make it haboob season as well?
    Well I'll admit to my lack of knowledge and immaturity for entering this Thread.
    :lol::lol: Well Speedy did say this forum was getting boring. ;) I tried to find something that 81 would have found worthwhile. :lol:
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    I survived a 12 hour sand storm like this in the Gobi Desert in 2005.

I was on an adventure vacation with my Dad. The storm rolled in about 4am. Mind you we were sleeping in a Yurt or also known as a Ger. The wind just seemed to be blowing the sand thru ever nook and cranny. We did venture out a little with bandanas tied up over our faces and sunglasses on. The locals laughed at us and said we looked like bandits.

It was unbelievable how much the sand shifted in that 12 hours. The walkways were completely covered and the outhouse had about 6" of sand on every surface.

It was not exactly pleasant, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat cauz mother nature is so flipping cool.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I was coming out of the grocery store last night when it rolled in. We've had about 6-7 so far this season, 1-2 big ones.
    They are pretty cool to see in person. The really big ones look like something out of a movie. Like the end of the world kinda thing. :lol:
    They do make a mess of everything though. They are often followed by rain which then leaves a muddy mess everywhere. :lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

:lol::lol: Im right there with ya...and still a tad bit disappointed.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

Guilty. :shifty:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I think they're just filming another Mummy movie in Phoenix.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Goddamnit
    Goddamnit
    Goddamnwhat?
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    mca47 wrote:
    Goddamnit
    Goddamnwhat?

No boob
    Goddamnit
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: Not boob, haboob. :lol:
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    also fooled by this thread title
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    smarchee wrote:
    also fooled by this thread title

+1
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Winner for most misleading thread goes to?
    Well . . . I wasn't intentionally trying to mislead anybody. :shifty: I innocently heard the word on the weather report last night. Weather fascinates me, and haboobs are no exception to that. One thing lead to another, and the weather lady saying haboob over and over again made me think of 81 :roll:where the hell did he go, and here we are . . . :angel: ;)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    biggest dissaponted thread ever..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,675
    I guess it would be a real bitch if you had left your windows open at home :fp:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    biggest dissaponted thread ever..
    Sorry Dimitris ;):lol::lol:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I guess it would be a real bitch if you had left your windows open at home :fp:
    Can you imagine? I don't suppose people in Phoenix leave there windows open very often. But what a huge pain in the butt. I sometimes have some asthma problems this time of year from allergies -- I can't imagine having to put up with all of the dust too. :nono:
  • i am never good at these things.
    I searched those clouds for 25 minutes and couldn't find anything that resembles any type of boob :x
  • When I lived in Indio, I lived atop this Mesa before moving to the Emoire Polo Grounds, and just below us were a maze of canyon veins. It was insane to watch sand storms roll in off the inland. The sand and wind would roar through those veins, and shoot walks of sand and rock onto the roof of the barns.. Totally crazy but the horses slept through it. They had special sand filters in the air systems.. But everything was covered in dust and silt.. Even the horses.. We'd have to clean out their nostrils every two hours, so they didn't suffocate. They'd get sand cough, which is really hard to cure! And one horse even died of what they call dirty pneumonia. Where the silt settles in their lungs, and suffocates them. Only worse. It always made me think of the great dust bowl epedimic. Was totally crazy to witness.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    i am never good at these things.
    I searched those clouds for 25 minutes and couldn't find anything that resembles any type of boob :x

relax your eyes
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    i am never good at these things.

relax your eyes
    is that code for something?
    There was a haboob happening on the west side of town last night as I flew in. Really cool seeing one from a plane! Just glad the storm was a ways away. I landed in one a few years back. That dust doesn't do well in a jet engine! Rough landing! :lol:
  • mca47 wrote:
    There was a haboob happening on the west side of town last night as I flew in. Really cool seeing one from a plane! Just glad the storm was a ways away. I landed in one a few years back. That dust doesn't do well in a jet engine! Rough landing! :lol:
    That would have been killer to see from a plane!!!