Richard Pryor documentary...

Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Just a heads-up for any Richard Pryor fans with access to BBC...new documentary airing tonight on BBC4 at 22:00, or on BBC iPlayer... :corn:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    There was a Richard Pryor documentary called Omit the Logic that aired here in the United States on SHOWTIME about a month ago...I wonder if it is the same one. If it is, I cannot recommend it enough. Pryor was a genius, but a tortured soul for sure. In the upper echelon of the greatest that ever did it (IMO).
    This documentary is a warts and all look at the legend, and as sad as it is at times, you will cry laughing at some of the fantastic clips.
    Enjoy and RIP Richard Pryor!
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I love Richard Pryor...Jack. One of the first DVD's I bought when I got my first DVD player back in the day was "Richard Pryor: Live In Concert". I've been meaning to check this doc out, I've seen it on my guide. Here in the States it's been showing on Showtime, it's coming on again tonight and tomorrow night. I'll have to check it out one of those times. The only reason I haven't watched it yet was because I was suspicious it was going to be a regurgitation of "I Ain't Dead Yet", which has a lot of the same talking heads in it. But I've heard good things about this.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    love richard pryor
    also, gene wilder was frickin great with pryor
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    There was a Richard Pryor documentary called Omit the Logic that aired here in the United States on SHOWTIME about a month ago...I wonder if it is the same one. If it is, I cannot recommend it enough. Pryor was a genius, but a tortured soul for sure. In the upper echelon of the greatest that ever did it (IMO).
    This documentary is a warts and all look at the legend, and as sad as it is at times, you will cry laughing at some of the fantastic clips.
    Enjoy and RIP Richard Pryor!

Cool...sounds like the same one.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    For me he's the greatest comedian ever, I hope I can get a chance to watch this documentary for sure. This clip from his show and guts it took to come up with a skit like this back in 1977 I think was just genius cause I NEVER EVER thought this could ever happen in this country.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_cdbByTeNE

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    For me he's the greatest comedian ever, I hope I can get a chance to watch this documentary for sure. This clip from his show and guts it took to come up with a skit like this back in 1977 I think was just genius cause I NEVER EVER thought this could ever happen in this country.....

Peace

Well, that's my evenings viewing catered for...the great man on youtube then the documentery ...accompanied by a few beers to enhance the experience. Cheers and thanks for posting the link. :lol::lol::lol:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Well, that's my evenings viewing catered for...the great man on youtube then the documentery ...accompanied by a few beers to enhance the experience. Cheers and thanks for posting the link. :lol::lol::lol:

He'll just his facial expression were funny. :lol::lol::lol:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Yeah, his face when the female reporter asked him whether he would still be dating white women was classic Pryor. Such a well written sketch. :lol: