Options

Online drunk shopping

guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else shop online after a few drinks? I find I buy way more posters and vinyl after I have had a couple glasses of wine. There should really be some sort of sobriety test before you hit the buy button! All I did was make an offer on ebay...but it turns out the offer was a good one, and now I will own it! Doubt I would have made the same offer sober! Guess the fates stepped in! I should lose all online privileges after I pop the cork!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    my most brutal drunk purchase was back in 1999. i was in grad school and drunkenly went to guitarauction.com and i bid on a 1993 gibson flying v guitar that was listed as burgundy. there were no pics, so i said "screw it, most times if there are no pics you can low bid and still win..." turns out i won the auction, received the guitar and it is electric hot pink. not burgundy, as listed. so i still have that hunk of shit guitar. i think the case it came in is worth more than the actual guitar. lesson here is buyer beware.... :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Yikes...a pink flying V, talk about buyers remorse. I saw a photo...I am sure I will get what I paid for. I will also enjoy it, as will others. I just am not responsible with a computer and a credit card after a couple glasses of wine. :oops:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,714
    Yeah, have to admit to having done that- nothing big though. A few glasses of wine at the end of the day, feeling relaxed, maybe a book or record I did really have to have... but my credit card has had a few close calls. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    Vinyl...trouble is, I have nothing to play it on :fp:

The secret is to drink excessively...blurred vision and memory loss mean you can't read the number on your card or remember your password...feel like shit in the morning, but at least your bank balance is healthy... :shock:
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,754
    my most brutal drunk purchase was back in 1999. i was in grad school and drunkenly went to guitarauction.com and i bid on a 1993 gibson flying v guitar that was listed as burgundy. there were no pics, so i said "screw it, most times if there are no pics you can low bid and still win..." turns out i won the auction, received the guitar and it is electric hot pink. not burgundy, as listed. so i still have that hunk of shit guitar. i think the case it came in is worth more than the actual guitar. lesson here is buyer beware.... :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

Pics, or it didn't happen
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

yep, happened....

68f92bcc-21c9-4ce3-91aa-4f9db86cddd9.jpg

c093b8d2-f5c9-493b-975b-cd6cfa2c9687.jpg

burgundy, my ass...
    :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

yep, happened....

burgundy, my ass...

Yikes! Although it would be a good guitar for a teen-girl band. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832

yep, happened....

burgundy, my ass...

I couldn't help but correlate this to the cover of Ten as it was described to the band as burgundy and was actually pretty damn pink! Thx for the laugh today!! :)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    yeah i have decided i am smashing that thing whenever my band decides to call it quits.

i think the only market for it would be a hair metal tribute act, and even in that sort of a band this would probably be looked down upon... :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

• Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    yeah i have decided i am smashing that thing whenever my band decides to call it quits.

i think the only market for it would be a hair metal tribute act, and even in that sort of a band this would probably be looked down upon... :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:
    It doesn't matter what it looks like...the question is how well does it play/sound?

And yes, I buy more after a few drinks too...I just ordered refills for a Jerry's presentation portfolio that I don't even have, since they were running a free shipping promo this weekend. All while I was waiting in the airport bar for my ride to pick me up last night.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options

It doesn't matter what it looks like...the question is how well does it play/sound?

And yes, I buy more after a few drinks too...I just ordered refills for a Jerry's presentation portfolio that I don't even have, since they were running a free shipping promo this weekend. All while I was waiting in the airport bar for my ride to pick me up last night.

Good question and if it sounds good, you could paint it like Hendrix' Monterey guitar or one of Jeff's basses. :mrgreen:

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

smash it today! i double dare you to smash it & set it on fire, including the case. use a hammer, use one gallon of diesel fuel & used motor oil, get firewood & go to town on your guitar you dislike. no offense, sir, but isn't it odd when men dislike pink soo much they're willing to destroy their guitar? it's a fucking color :fp:

how about decorate the fucker? stickers? spray paint? rags?

nope... smash it & flames

i ordered a vinyl & a cd of the same album & was surprised when the package arrived
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Many a time I used to play real-money poker online while generously buzzed.

Either won big or lost big...but oh man was it fun :P

Shopping while imbibing? I do it rarely now but as with gambling, I set myself an affordable & reasonable amount, and then go to town!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Seems like every time I have some drinks I find my way to Amazon. In spite of being pretty damn drunk a few of those times my purchases have been tame. No big ticket items, no items that sober SatansFuton has no use for, etc. Mainly I'll just buy some movies and music and not spend more than $50 or so. I have forgotten a few times and been surprised when the purchases arrived. It's been cool stuff so I was like "Thanks drunk me, you know me too well".
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I got my hotel room for the Buffalo show after a night of drinking.

Bought it for August 18th. Didn't realize it til the 20th. :fp: :fp: :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Seems like every time I have some drinks I find my way to Amazon. In spite of being pretty damn drunk a few of those times my purchases have been tame. No big ticket items, no items that sober SatansFuton has no use for, etc. Mainly I'll just buy some movies and music and not spend more than $50 or so. I have forgotten a few times and been surprised when the purchases arrived. It's been cool stuff so I was like "Thanks drunk me, you know me too well".

That quote is some funny shit! :lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    I'm notorious for purchasing albums on their release date that I'd forgotten that I had pre-ordered months before hand.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    I'm notorious for purchasing albums on their release date that I'd forgotten that I had pre-ordered months before hand.
    I sometimes repurchase the same album again after I preorder. Quite often amazon sends me the "we are still trying to obtain the item you purchased" email. I figure the album is out now, so I just buy it. I then forget to cancel the original order and wonder why the UPS truck is outside when I haven't ordered anything lately. :oops:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534

yep, happened....

burgundy, my ass...
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    edited August 2013

yep, happened....

burgundy, my ass...

Badass

It's past time to implement that in the live setting :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:lol::lol: :fp: Oh, you guys are cracking me up! :lol:

I buy vinyl when drunk all the time, but it's always stuff I really really wanted, but was always too damned sober to pull the trigger. Thank you booze! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Mamasan32 booked a hotel room for the wrong date whilst drunk.

:fp:
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever done an online drunk shop before. I know better than that
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:lol::lol: :fp: Oh, you guys are cracking me up! :lol:

I buy vinyl when drunk all the time, but it's always stuff I really really wanted, but was always too damned sober to pull the trigger. Thank you booze! :lol:

Same here!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

Don't judge me kid! :nono:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Don't judge me kid! :nono:

That's so goddamn stupid. :lol: