Uni Rankings ... All 122 Pro Teams

Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Uniform Rankings Top 10 (not my list, but every team is ranked)

1 - St. Louis Cardinals
2 - Chicago Bears
3 - Montreal Canadians
4 - Green Bay Packers
5 - Chicago Cubs
6 - Oakland Raiders
7 - Boston Celtics
8 - Boston Bruins
9 - Oakland A's
10 - Detroit Red Wings

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/9561234/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Team he has ranked too high ...

Spurs (15)
    Warrior (23)
    Heat (26)

(I see a trend here ... I'm going to make this easy and say every NBA jersey should be in the bottom quarter except the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks ... and that's it)

Tampa Bucs (37)
    Blue Jackets (41)
    Wild (47)
    Panthers (58)
    Teams Ranked Way Too Low ...

Avalanche (116)
    Padres (112)
    Blues (109)
    Cleveland Indians (104 he says chief waa hoo is a racist image ... i'm dumbfounded they still use it)
    Redskins (74) ... cause he says "redskins" is a racist derogative term even though the last time a person used it that way was 164 years ago)
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Jason P wrote:
    Teams Ranked Way Too Low ...

Avalanche (116)
    Padres (112)
    Blues (109)
    Cleveland Indians (104 he says chief waa hoo is a racist image ... i'm dumbfounded they still use it)
    Redskins (74) ... cause he says "redskins" is a racist derogative term even though the last time a person used it that way was 164 years ago)

Agree on all except the Avalanche, I find theirs pretty dull.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    It moves up at least 40 spots with some Patrick Roy blood on it. :P

roy.jpg
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Blackhawks should be at least top 10. The single best jersey in sports in my opinion.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    houston-astros-uniform.jpg

I didn't read the list but I hope these unis weren't listed.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    ESPN is a joke when it comes to sports reporting at this point.
    Even their rankings suck.
    With Fox coming out with a sports network with the intent of being the head honcho, and with CBS Sports, NBC Sports, MLB Network, etc, I see ESPN losing a ton of ground the next 10 years if they cant improve their act.

ANyways, I saw the NHL rankings the other day, and any list that doesnt have the Blackhawks as #1, and probably Detroit as #2 loses all credibility.

They also had Columbus at like #9 and the Sabres at #16.
    >
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Blackhawks should be at least top 10. The single best jersey in sports in my opinion.
    I think it is the best sweater in hockey which probably makes it #1 overall.

I think since it involves an indian, that's why ESPN put it +40.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    MayDay10 wrote:
    With Fox coming out with a sports network with the intent of being the head honcho, and with CBS Sports, NBC Sports, MLB Network, etc, I see ESPN losing a ton of ground the next 10 years if they cant improve their act.

ANyways, I saw the NHL rankings the other day, and any list that doesnt have the Blackhawks as #1, and probably Detroit as #2 loses all credibility.

>

the Original 6 have fantastic jerseys, especially the white ones. I'd say real close between Blackhawks and Canadians whites, Blackhawks Red and Leafs white. Those 4 are probably my favorite 4 UNIs in all sports combined.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Love them or hate them Yankees should be at the top of the list, most recognizable uniform in all of sports.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    EZ1221C wrote:

I don't like to admit it but that is true with the BRUINS there too. The HUB B logo is one of the best in hockey,

GO BRUINS.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    wow the Phillies 11th? I I would have thought The Flyers would be ahead of them. Also Jacksonville Jaguars last? I kinda like their unis :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Love them or hate them Yankees should be at the top of the list, most recognizable uniform in all of sports.
    I agree with you, but not above the Cubs
    Wait....
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Ok I finally looked up what these rankings were about and there's no way the Blackhawks should be where they are ranked. Not the team I like but they have one if not the best looking jersey in hockey. All though I have no problem where the Bruins are ranked.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Ok I finally looked up what these rankings were about and there's no way the Blackhawks should be where they are ranked. Not the team I like but they have one if not the best looking jersey in hockey. All though I have no problem where the Bruins are ranked.

Peace
    Seriously. The white road Hawks jersey is perfection. Also, coming from a Pens fan, the Pens are ranked too high. Their jerseys would be better if they rethunk them with the old gold instead of Vegas gold.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    Also LA Kings are way too low. No way those jerseys are the 4th worst in all of sports.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Jason P wrote:
    It moves up at least 40 spots with some Patrick Roy blood on it. :P

roy.jpg

:thumbup: Always like seeing a bloody Pat Roy!

WTF? Wizards above the Orioles and Blackhawks? No f'ing way! I am obviously biased, but I think the Red Wings should be higher - just classic that they haven't changed since the 30's.

Also, hard for me to admit, but I really like the Blue Jackets alternate jersey. The colors and the lace-up look good, logo not so much.
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Also LA Kings are way too low. No way those jerseys are the 4th worst in all of sports.

Those brand new ones aren't, that have gone back to the black and silver. But the purple/black/silver ones were absolutely horrific.

I think they may still be thinking of those jerseys because they have this logo next to the team...

los-angeles-kings-logo1.png

instead of this one...

380px-Los_Angeles_Kings_Logo_%282011%29.svg.png
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,504
    MayDay10 wrote:

>

Uni watch is actually a pretty good blog. I think espn just links to it and the guy who runs it writes articles for espn from time to time.

I disagree with a lot if the list but enjoyed reading it. Not a fan of what Nike is doing to NFL uniforms these days...
    www.myspace.com