Support Melissa

supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
This was written by a girl that was almost murdered by her ex boyfriend when she was 20 years old.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/melissadohm ... ion=stream

Some warning signs I ignored: he was very jealous and became extremely controlling, he wanted to ruin my fun or anything that didn't involve him. Things were always my fault...even if he was the one who put his hands on me, somehow it was "my fault" I made him mad, I am the reason he snapped. This made me feel helpless. After any incident he would threaten me so severely that I remained quiet. He said if I told anyone he would commit suicide, once that no longer had an affect on me...he said if I told anyone he would kill me, himself, or family members. I was terrified into remaining silent. I knew he was serious and I could see what he was capable of. On October 25, 2011.....I broke the silence. He was hitting me and I was able to get away and call 911, while he was chasing me down. He was arrested and I was finally free. I grew stronger and no longer scared. I let my guard down 3 months later on January 24th 2012. He was calling and crying to s...ee me one more time to have closure from our terrible relationship. He was outside my moms house and just wanted a quick hug. He would never bother me again, he said. I grabbed my phone and pepper spray in case anything was to happen I would be okay and protect myself. The moment I walked outside to have this quick "hug" for closure from this crying ex of mine...I was repeatedly stabbed 32 times until two angels came along to save me. Most of you know my story. Most of you have read and followed along closely my recovery. I am posting this for the teens and women remaining silent and scared. I know what it is like to be scared into silence. I am telling you the threats from abusers are REAL. Take them SERIOUSLY. He did just as he said he would. If I told anyone he would kill me and kill himself. That night should have been a murder-suicide. But God had other plans. God does not call the qualified but qualifies the called. My PURPOSE is to share my story and SAVE other women from what happened to me. Domestic Violence is the WORST kept secret and 100% preventable if we speak up. Leaving an abusive relationship is DANGEROUS as you can see from my story. I have learned from my mistakes and will share them with the world to save someone else. Make a safety plan, call the DV hotlines, contact your local shelter or outreach center, it is the only out and possibly will save your life, if you suspect a friend is abused, please speak up to them and ask. You don't want to encourage their silence, because it only gets worse. The national DV hotline is: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
"In the age of darkness
want to be enlightened"